PDA

View Full Version : High Fat/Low carb

Hardworker123
09-15-2009, 05:09 AM
I am currently cutting doing a 40%protein 20%carb 40%fat diet getting around 2000 calories. Is this better or worse than say a 40/40/20 protein, carb, fat diet?

signature166
09-15-2009, 05:18 AM
I am currently cutting doing a 40%protein 20%carb 40%fat diet getting around 2000 calories. Is this better or worse than say a 40/40/20 protein, carb, fat diet?

As long as you are eating at a caloric deficit and getting adequate protein it really doesn't matter with respect to fat loss. Some people, however, feel like they have more energy on one diet than another, sleep better on one diet rather than another, feel better in the gym on one diet rather than another. It's something you need to figure out for yourself.

Also, if you go too low on the carbs and enter ketosis, you'll go through a period of 3 days to 2 weeks where you may have headaches, feel fatigued, and feel like you have the dumb.

Hardworker123
09-15-2009, 05:21 AM
Cool man thanks!

justdragit
09-15-2009, 06:09 AM
As long as you are eating at a caloric deficit and getting adequate protein it really doesn't matter with respect to fat loss. Some people, however, feel like they have more energy on one diet than another, sleep better on one diet rather than another, feel better in the gym on one diet rather than another. It's something you need to figure out for yourself.

Also, if you go too low on the carbs and enter ketosis, you'll go through a period of 3 days to 2 weeks where you may have headaches, feel fatigued, and feel like you have the dumb.
^^ This, plus some people respond different to carbs. More sensitive to them(like me) and I do much better on a low carb high fat(Keto) diet than a more tradition 4P/4C/2F diet.

beyondbasic
09-15-2009, 06:18 AM
^^ This, plus some people respond different to carbs. More sensitive to them(like me) and I do much better on a low carb high fat(Keto) diet than a more tradition 4P/4C/2F diet.

exactly. and im the same way