PDA

View Full Version : Del Potro over Fed

ghengisconor
09-14-2009, 05:29 PM
man, crazy match! Not as good as Roddick facing off at Wimbeldon, but damn, can't believe he lost that! he was lookin tired at the end.

iamlegend
09-14-2009, 05:34 PM
man, crazy match! Not as good as Roddick facing off at Wimbeldon, but damn, can't believe he lost that! he was lookin tired at the end.

Really, Fed is supposed to be in his prime right now. He had time to rest because of the rain. He didn't look tired giving yet another runner up.

major lulz at Feds wife starring down the crowd when cheering for Portro.( a twenty year old)

ghengisconor
09-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Really, Fed is supposed to be in his prime right now. He had time to rest because of the rain.

major lulz at Feds wife starring down the crowd when cheering for Portro.

yeah saw that!

and man, DP --> beat Nadal AND the Fed.

BBGAMBINI31
09-14-2009, 05:35 PM

he mad his 1st serve disappeared

AJbuilder
09-14-2009, 05:40 PM
I just wish Nadal would get totally healthy before playing next time.

Nadal still shouldn't have lost 6-2 in straight matches even if he had an abdominal injury.

Del Potro got lucky. It was a statistical fluke in both cases. 6 straight losses to Federer and now he beats him? It's the law of averages at work. Even the the '98 Bulls would've lost eventually if they kept the same team for ten years.

gswarrior510
09-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Nadal still shouldn't have lost 6-2 in straight matches even if he had an abdominal injury.

Del Potro got lucky. It was a statistical fluke in both cases. 6 straight losses to Federer and now he beats him? It's the law of averages at work. Even the the '98 Bulls would've lost eventually if they kept the same team for ten years.

no that's just because kobe would've piitb jordan after the 6th year

Achilles87
09-14-2009, 05:43 PM

how about no

and the presenter guy was a douche. no we don't have time, ok but hurry up
GTFO guy

kubakuba
09-14-2009, 05:46 PM
It wasn't luck, Del Po did what he had to do to win. Commentator guy was a ****ing idiot trying to deny Del Po the mic.

AJbuilder
09-14-2009, 05:47 PM
how about no

and the presenter guy was a douche. no we don't have time, ok but hurry up
GTFO guy

Law of averages dude. Eventually, somebody is going to beat Federer either way. Federer isn't going to win 7, 9, or 10 straight even at his peak condition. Something will give.

Del Potro also played against unranked nobodies coming up to the quarterfinals, arguably had the easiest rotation since he's young. Andy Murray, Nadal, and Federer, Haas, Roddick, and Djokovic are better players.

quietstormx1
09-14-2009, 05:48 PM

how do you beat 2 of the best tennis players in the world, by luck?

stfu.

miscreant5
09-14-2009, 05:48 PM
brb hitting 110 mph forehands.

BBGAMBINI31
09-14-2009, 05:49 PM

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w170/jesi3781/tennis/juanmartindelpotro3.jpg

takes skills
brb makin nadal my bitch, fed semi bitch?

dts1789
09-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Props to Del Potro. Federer had this match but his serve let him down big time. 50% for the match is not good at all. 22 break point chances and converted 5.. He just lost it.

Del Potro was going for it and it came off. Deserved winner

AJbuilder
09-14-2009, 05:50 PM
how do you beat 2 of the best tennis players in the world, by luck?

stfu.

You read one part of my post and ignore the other. Luck is about taking advantage of opportunities at the right time. Ask any elite athlete and they'll tell you luck has everything to do with winning in this context.

Achilles87
09-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Law of averages dude. Eventually, somebody is going to beat Federer either way. Federer isn't going to win 7, 9, or 10 straight even at his peak condition. Something will give.

Del Potro also played against unranked nobodies coming up to the quarterfinals, arguably had the easiest rotation since he's young. Andy Murray, Nadal, and Federer, Haas, Roddick, and Djokovic are better players.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z151/danny171/tomcruiselaugh.gif

quietstormx1
09-14-2009, 05:52 PM
You read one part of my post and ignore the other. Luck is about taking advantage of opportunities at the right time. Ask any elite athlete and they'll tell you luck has everything to do with winning in this context.

so he made it to the final of a major tournament, and WON, by pure luck?

id hate to play any sport against you. you probably have an excuse for everytime you lose.

did kim clijsters win by luck too?

athrun340
09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
del potro beat federer?? wtf i saw the first set and potro was getting raped.

AJbuilder
09-14-2009, 05:58 PM
so he made it to the final of a major tournament, and WON, by pure luck?

id hate to play any sport against you. you probably have an excuse for everytime you lose.

I'm just calling that luck is the ability to take advantage of opportunities. Federer converted less than 40% of his first serves on the first 2 sets. He was horrible. Then Del Potro took advantage of that. It's not every day that happens. Clearly, Federer's game was off and Potro went with that.

It's pathetic that I'm calling it as I see it and you choose to throw insults at a person. Try to be civil about this, otherwise you're in for a rude awakening in the real world for the rest of your life.

I doubt you know what luck really is. Good luck, I'm out.

dts1789
09-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Del Potro was lucky in the sense that Federer was off today, nothing else.
He played a great match and took advantage of the opportunities

Achilles87
09-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Del Potro was lucky in the sense that Federer was off today, nothing else.
He played a great match and took advantage of the opportunities

You make your own luck man.

Federer was off because del potro was killing those forehands.

iamlegend
09-14-2009, 06:05 PM
All I know is that FED got his azz kicked yet again. And I absolutely loved it.

I loved watching his hippo wife starring down the Nadal fans. I loved watching Fed cry to the ump. I lulzed wondering how many people were laughing and screaming "you mad brah","you mad brah".

tj6
09-14-2009, 06:06 PM
regardless of luck, del potro and federer both played pretty amazing games. i literally stood up everytime roger would set up a forehand for del potro. all in all, it was very fun to watch

dts1789
09-14-2009, 06:10 PM
You make your own luck man.

Federer was off because del potro was killing those forehands.

Yeah you make your own luck, but Del Potro had nothing to do with Federer's serve not working today.

quietstormx1
09-14-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm just calling that luck is the ability to take advantage of opportunities. Federer converted less than 40% of his first serves on the first 2 sets. He was horrible. Then Del Potro took advantage of that. It's not every day that happens. Clearly, Federer's game was off and Potro went with that.

It's pathetic that I'm calling it as I see it and you choose to throw insults at a person. Try to be civil about this, otherwise you're in for a rude awakening in the real world for the rest of your life.

I doubt you know what luck really is. Good luck, I'm out.

me saying you probably come up with excuses for why you lose is insulting you? no, thats me assuming. if i wanted to insult you, i would. but like you said, its about being civil.

whats really pathetic is you taking away del potros performance from him, and making it a lot less then what it is. he beat two of the top players in the world. were they off their game a little? sure. but thats what sports are about...being your best all of the time.

because del potro won, does that make him better then anyone else? not exactly. he just played better. out-playing your opponent =/= luck

sammy21
09-14-2009, 06:20 PM
but Del Potro had nothing to do with Federer's serve not working today.

This.

Fed's first serve was just off today, and he had only 13 aces in a five-set match which is nothing for him. Still, he should have put him away in the second set, he blew it. Oh well, I'm sure he'll make the Aus final again next year.

athrun340
09-14-2009, 06:32 PM
All I know is that FED got his azz kicked yet again. And I absolutely loved it.

I loved watching his hippo wife starring down the Nadal fans. I loved watching Fed cry to the ump. I lulzed wondering how many people were laughing and screaming "you mad brah","you mad brah".
huh? fed is one of the classiest athletes out there. Dunno how you can hate the guy.

ghengisconor
09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
huh? fed is one of the classiest athletes out there. Dunno how you can hate the guy.

he's a class player, but he's got a little bit of an ego. christ, look at his gear brah.

but yeah, for a player of his caliber, he's humble as ****. A bit of the swedish arrogance can come out, but the guys has earned it.

Zoupa
09-14-2009, 07:03 PM

on fast hardcourt del potro is as good as anyone and better than most. Well, I'd put him right behind fed. I'd say better than nadal and the pusher murray. And easily better than the mental midget haas (although I like haas). Better than roddick as well.

This is a match that roger should've won but he missed too many BP's and didn't serve well enough.

Both fed and nadal predicted del potro to become the next #1 after them.

Del potro gave fed hell at the french as well.

RaginBullets
09-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Fed played horrible. Christ, it was painful to watch.

Zoupa
09-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Fed played horrible. Christ, it was painful to watch.

at least you got to watch. I didn't get home until 4-2 in the 5th because of school. I was pissed. Fuking lab.

RaginBullets
09-14-2009, 07:08 PM
at least you got to watch. I didn't get home until 4-2 in the 5th because of school. I was pissed. Fuking lab.

The ump was a piece of s hit though. 4th set + second set killed me.

ghengisconor
09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
The ump was a piece of s hit though. 4th set + second set killed me.

is that when he called for them to replay the point?

yeah, wtf were up with the umps at the U.S. Open. I've never seen so much hostility from pro players. i mean, yeah there's time to get pissy, but i guess the umps were being lazy.

RaginBullets
09-14-2009, 07:26 PM
is that when he called for them to replay the point?

yeah, wtf were up with the umps at the U.S. Open. I've never seen so much hostility from pro players. i mean, yeah there's time to get pissy, but i guess the umps were being lazy.

Yeah the replay point and when the ump told fed to shut up.

iamlegend
09-14-2009, 07:46 PM
during the fed vrs chokeavick match there was a serve reviewed and it was clearly in-but they remade them replay the point

The announcers said, "surprised Fed just didn't give it to him"

Geoff_Saari
09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
he's a class player, but he's got a little bit of an ego. christ, look at his gear brah.

but yeah, for a player of his caliber, he's humble as ****. A bit of the swedish arrogance can come out, but the guys has earned it.

Hes Swiss not Swedish brah

2pacalypto
09-14-2009, 08:25 PM
no that's just because kobe would've piitb jordan after the 6th year

stfu troll

you're fuking everywhere with your homo kobe nut dangling

caj
09-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Congrats to Del Potro. He earned this win. Beating both Nadal and Federer in a Grand Slam is serious effort.

Federer really lost it with the chair umpire. He's a great champion, but if things aren't going his way, he starts to pout and gets that scowl on his face. This is the first time I've seen him curse an umpire out though.

Enjoyed the part of the match that I got to see.

iamlegend
09-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Congrats to Del Potro. He earned this win. Beating both Nadal and Federer in a Grand Slam is serious effort.

Federer really lost it with the chair umpire. He's a great champion, but if things aren't going his way, he starts to pout and gets that scowl on his face. This is the first time I've seen him curse an umpire out though.

Enjoyed the part of the match that I got to see.

I agree.

Everyone kept saying that he was this classy guy. And that since he broke the record we would see his best tennis.

Still waiting on both....

Greg1983
09-15-2009, 09:27 AM
I agree.

Everyone kept saying that he was this classy guy. And that since he broke the record we would see his best tennis.

So because he's competitive that means he's not classy? You don't get as good as he is by being happy about it when you're losing. Yet still, in the hundreds of matches he's played, this is the first time I can remember seeing an outburst like this from him. He's never been anything but gracious to opponents after he's lost.

Greg1983
09-15-2009, 09:29 AM
This reminds me of all the guys who call Tom Brady classless because of his facial expression when he commented on Plaxico's pre-Super Bowl prediction.

89FoxBody
09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
This reminds me of all the guys who call Tom Brady classless because of his facial expression when he commented on Plaxico's pre-Super Bowl prediction.

Laughing and saying "We're only gonna score 17 points, huh?" is a bit more than a facial expression.

Greg1983
09-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Laughing and saying "We're only gonna score 17 points, huh?" is a bit more than a facial expression.

Not really. Plax said the offense was going to get shut down; Brady responded. People get upset because they don't like Brady. So because he smirked when he said it he's an *******.

iamlegend
09-15-2009, 10:00 AM
So because he's competitive that means he's not classy? You don't get as good as he is by being happy about it when you're losing. Yet still, in the hundreds of matches he's played, this is the first time I can remember seeing an outburst like this from him. He's never been anything but gracious to opponents after he's lost.

It doesn't matter how successful someone is-it doesn't give them a right to be unsportsmanslike. Im sure you think that Serana, and Michael Jordon, had a right to act that way did last week too.

But you are wrong, and so are they.

caj
09-15-2009, 10:13 AM
It doesn't matter how successful someone is-it doesn't give them a right to be unsportsmanslike. Im sure you think that Serana, and Michael Jordon, had a right to act that way did last week too.

I agree with you.

McEnroe & Co are always talking about how classy and gracious Federer is and I'm thinking 'does he save that for you guys because I never see it'.

Federer is 'classy' when he's winning, but if he starts to lose, prepare for a thumb-sucking fit. I'll be so glad when this guy is no longer making Grand Slam finals.

Greg1983
09-15-2009, 10:13 AM

Jordan has a long history of being a prick. One hell of an athlete, but an absolute prick, so I wasn't surprised by what he said. I barely follow women's tennis unless I'm watching hot Russian blondes grunting and screaming at my TV, so I'm not really in a position to comment on her. But I've never heard of anything like that happening before with her, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

A competitive athlete losing their temper over the course of a career is going to happen. If you've ever played a sport, you'd know this. I'm impressed with how cool he usually manages to stay in the heat of the moment. I don't have his patience. And when he's in a calm and collected state of mine, he's never been anything but gracious, so I see no reason to judge him.

Zoupa
09-15-2009, 11:54 AM
I agree.

The dude's 28, obviously he's past his prime. Tennis players usually peak in their early 20s. His best tennis was 2004-2006.

BBGAMBINI31
09-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I agree.

/facepalm