PDA

View Full Version : NY woman charged for picture of kids with guns.

otisthebat
09-05-2009, 02:04 PM
article:

NEW YORK -- A New York couple face criminal charges after they allegedly photographed their 11-month-old and 5-year-old boys posing with guns.
Police say the 24-year-old mother told investigators she thought the photos would be funny.
Authorities found out about the pictures after the woman e-mailed them to friends and relatives, and one of them called the city's child protection agency.
The woman and her boyfriend face child endangerment, weapons and marijuana charges.

i know there isnt much info, but since when is it against the law to take pictures of your kids posing with firearms? my parents should be locked up too i guess, ive got lots of pictures of me shooting guns when i was a kid.

all pro
09-05-2009, 02:08 PM
article:

i know there isnt much info, but since when is it against the law to take pictures of your kids posing with firearms? my parents should be locked up too i guess, ive got lots of pictures of me shooting guns when i was a kid.

New York city liberals don't possess the logical thought processes that normal humans posses. To a big city liberal this will all make perfect sense.

TimDF
09-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I see where both sides are coming from, but they shouldn't be charged for anything. That's ridiculous.

otisthebat
09-05-2009, 02:48 PM
11 months old......
did you read that part?
Who the phuck in their right mind...would hand an 11 year old child a gun. The charges also state drugs.....so perhaps there were drugs in the picture with the kids?

hunting families teach their children to hunt from a young age. granted an 11 month old shouldnt be hunting, but how is it child endangerment to take a picture of your kids (regardless of age) with firearms?

the article doesnt state there were drugs in the picture.

Kalian
09-05-2009, 02:58 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with letting a child hold a gun. It doesn't matter how old. However, it's probably a major crime in New York. As said above, with liberals in charge there's no telling what kind of nonsense will ensue.
Having said that, there's probably more to the story. It did mention marijuana being involved. Seems absurd, at face value though, to charge someone for posing with guns. My son who was 6 at the time, posed for my wife with a gun. All 3 of my kids shoot. Course, things are a bit different here in Nevada.

Kalian
09-05-2009, 03:02 PM
You hunt with rifles...not pistols (in most cases)

They werent teaching their kid anything...they were simply taking pictures to be funny (at the expense of their childs safety).

There had to be drugs in the pictures...if there are drug charges (if not explain how they charged them for it).

I didn't see anything about pistols, it just said guns. Anyway, there was no safety issue unless the gun was loaded, which the article quote doesn't say.

tts0lid
09-05-2009, 03:11 PM
unless teh guns were loaded and being waved around irresponsibly, i don't see how they could get charged for "endangerment"

however, i doubt these people were taking pictures of their kids learning how to properly handle a weapon for sport... i don't see how that would be "funny"... and if they are taking pictures of their 11 month old and 5 year old with guns in order to be "funny," they probably aren't very good parents..

still don't think they should be charged unless theiir kids were in real danger. last i heard parents can't be charged for simply being retarded.

Vitalshok44
09-05-2009, 03:53 PM

They werent teaching their kid anything...they were simply taking pictures to be funny (at the expense of their childs safety).

There had to be drugs in the pictures...if there are drug charges (if not explain how they charged them for it).

Rifles versus pistols has absolutely no relevance as both are perfectly safe, if handled responsibly.

The only way that it is at the expense of their child's safety is the guns are loaded, otherwise it is a non-issue as an unloaded gun is just a fancy paperweight.

lol seriously? backdooring this stuff is easy as pie.

1 see picture trump up a child endangerment.

2 get a search warrant based on child endangerment.

3 search premises

4 charge people with whatever thing you can find.

Are you really that na've?

A lot more people should watch this video.

7dE4UgY7lgI

VTheKing
09-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Beats me why would someone do that, but it beats the hell out of me to charge her over that. Wuzzat, can't do anything that isn't approved by the government?

Inev
09-05-2009, 04:12 PM
11 months old......

did you read that part?

Who the phuck in their right mind...would hand an 11 year old child a gun. The charges also state drugs.....so perhaps there were drugs in the picture with the kids?

I think they deserve what they got.....stupid wanna be thug parents teaching their kids horrible things.

Guns can be very safe brah. its not like they just RANDOMLY kill people.

reyalp
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
It's NY, do you expect anything else?

Shoester
09-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Not sure if serious....

Child Endangerment charges result in a search of the household, thus finding drugs would result in "drug charges"

And that article said nothing about the guns being loaded. If they weren't loaded, they are nothing more than heavy sticks.

Joelift
09-05-2009, 04:56 PM
article:

It sounds to me like they FACE child endangerment, weapons and marijuana charges... that's pretty much verbatim from the article. What's confusing or liberal about that?

It's not like they're being charged for just legally owning guns. From what I can gather they had illegal drugs, possibly illegal weapons and were keeping children in an unsafe environment. The story doesn't give enough details to make any claims of a liberal city being unfair toward gun owners.

Stop being such sheep people.

otisthebat
09-05-2009, 06:22 PM

so we're sheep because we're NOT going along with what the media says?

???

nutsy54
09-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Who the phuck in their right mind...would hand an 11 year old child a gun.Well, any responsible parent who desires to teach their children proper safety and handling of firearms would certainly hand their 11 year old (and younger) child a gun. {Not saying that's what happened here, just answering your question}

Let me guess - You're under the absurd impression that weapons magically load themselves, then fire randomly to ensure plenty of death and destruction whenever they're touched by human hands?

Vitalshok44
09-05-2009, 06:42 PM
It sounds to me like they FACE child endangerment, weapons and marijuana charges... that's pretty much verbatim from the article. What's confusing or liberal about that?

It's not like they're being charged for just legally owning guns. From what I can gather they had illegal drugs, possibly illegal weapons and were keeping children in an unsafe environment. The story doesn't give enough details to make any claims of a liberal city being unfair toward gun owners.

wut?

its very essence says that it is, a liberal city with draconian gun laws charges people with child endangerment because they have a picture of their child that has a gun in it.

Open your eyes

Moh7
09-05-2009, 06:47 PM
"The woman and her boyfriend face child endangerment, weapons and marijuana charges. "

nutsy54
09-05-2009, 06:53 PM
"The woman and her boyfriend face child endangerment, weapons and marijuana charges. "Which, confusingly, bears absolutely no relevance to the primary sentence in the OP: "A New York couple face criminal charges after they allegedly photographed their 11-month-old and 5-year-old boys posing with guns."

How does a photo of children with guns lead to everything they were actually arrested for? How or why is it even relevant to the story? (Other than being the typical gun-terrified media).

Moh7
09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Which, confusingly, bears absolutely no relevance to the primary sentence in the OP: "A New York couple face criminal charges after they allegedly photographed their 11-month-old and 5-year-old boys posing with guns."

How does a photo of children with guns lead to everything they were actually arrested for? How or why is it even relevant to the story? (Other than being the typical gun-terrified media).

Until more news comes out about this i dont think anyone should be saying anything.

I posted that sentence because of the guy saying it sais nothing about drugs.

lobo9667
09-05-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't see how it's endangerment if the guns aren't loaded.

but what do you expect, laws are getting stupider.

VTheKing
09-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't see how it's endangerment if the guns aren't loaded.

but what do you expect, laws are getting stupider.

But they're guns1!11!11one!

Blindead
09-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Rifles versus pistols has absolutely no relevance as both are perfectly safe, if handled responsibly.

not to say i agree with this sentence, but how many 11 year olds can handle a gun responsibly? just wonderin'.

nutsy54
09-05-2009, 07:48 PM
not to say i agree with this sentence, but how many 11 year olds can handle a gun responsibly? just wonderin'.Any who have been properly trained... (In before wild exaggerations of saying it's OK to give a child a large-caliber weapon.)

Apeus
09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Until more news comes out about this i dont think anyone should be saying anything.

I posted that sentence because of the guy saying it sais nothing about drugs.

Let's not make this a marijuana debate, but if the parents had a 12 pack of beer in the fridge or a bottle of wine it wouldn't even be mentioned in the article.

I'd feel much better about some parents smoking cannabis while watching their kids than drinking.

Vitalshok44
09-05-2009, 08:26 PM
not to say i agree with this sentence, but how many 11 year olds can handle a gun responsibly? just wonderin'.

me, my brother,my sister, most of my cousins, two thirds of the people I grew up with, pretty much all of their children, as well as a good portion of the people who come to my local gun shop/firing range.

as well as anyone who is responsible and oriented towards personal protection and safety

Bluerain
09-05-2009, 08:44 PM
hunting families teach their children to hunt from a young age. granted an 11 month old shouldnt be hunting, but how is it child endangerment to take a picture of your kids (regardless of age) with firearms?

the article doesnt state there were drugs in the picture.

Because what their teaching these kids is Thuggery and it's irresponsible. You can't compare someone teaching their kids how to hunt ..it's apple and oranges.

People who hunt teach their kids safety / usage at all times when handling a weapon.

What these clowns are doing is no where the same.

wanaBsedated
09-05-2009, 09:01 PM
11 months old......

did you read that part?

I think they deserve what they got.....stupid wanna be thug parents teaching their kids horrible things.

This

Apeus
09-05-2009, 09:03 PM
This

Right, because if the guns weren't loaded, who knows what that 11 month might have done with it. I mean, he could have thrown it down on the carpet....or....bit it....or.....um...

Joelift
09-05-2009, 09:11 PM
so we're sheep because we're NOT going along with what the media says?

???

There are practically NO details about the story. All we know is that there was a picture taken that led to an investigation and that the parents are FACING charges. They could have been selling marijuana, giving their children loaded guns and keeping them out of school to pack dime bags for all we know.

You're sheep because you jump to the conclusion that since New York is liberal, then this must be an anti-gun crusade.

otisthebat
09-05-2009, 09:21 PM
You're sheep because you jump to the conclusion that since New York is liberal, then this must be an anti-gun crusade.

take a look at the title of the article.

Joelift
09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
wut?

its very essence says that it is, a liberal city with draconian gun laws charges people with child endangerment because they have a picture of their child that has a gun in it.

Open your eyes

It isn't illegal, even in New York, for a child to be photographed holding a gun. Like I said before, we have almost no information.

If you want to assume that there was only a photo taken and no other information, then we can assume that there was also marijuana in the photo and that the children were pointing the guns at each other. Is that ok with you?

Pay_Me
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
It isn't illegal, even in New York, for a child to be photographed holding a gun. Like I said before, we have almost no information.

If you want to assume that there was only a photo taken and no other information, then we can assume that there was also marijuana in the photo and that the children were pointing the guns at each other. Is that ok with you?

Going by article

Authorities found out about the pictures after the woman e-mailed them to friends and relatives, and one of them called the city's child protection agency.

It would seem the basis that they executed the warrant from.

Joelift
09-05-2009, 09:31 PM
take a look at the title of the article.

NY mom charged after posing kids with guns

It says 'after' not 'with', posing your kids with guns is not in itself a crime. She isn't being charged with posing her kids with guns. She is being charged with child endangerment, firearms violations and marijuana charges.

She is being charged with those crimes AFTER taking a picture that brought her to the attention of the authorities. It's just a series of events.

Man Charged with Murder after Loitering near Gas Station

Is the man being suspicious near a gas station relevant to his charges? No, it's what brought him to the attention of the authorities.

Do I think it's wrong for police to view a photo and base an investigation on that evidence? No. That's how police do their job. If you're going to post your 11 month old holding a revolver, then don't have illegal firearms and marijuana in your apartment.

Joelift
09-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Going by article

It would seem the basis that they executed the warrant from.

Hey, I'm just arguing that we have literally no information on this story and people are being ridiculous by assuming it's the government out to get der guns.

There could have been marijuana in the photo. The children could have been pointing the guns at each other. The police could have gone to investigate and smelled marijuana through the door. Or the door could have been open and they saw dangerous living conditions.

If the children were dressed up as James Bond and holding unloaded pistols while the parents adjusted the lighting and this was all done on tasteful stationary with a comical Halloween greeting, then - yes - I too wonder wtf the cops were doing investigating this photo, but I think that this is very unlikely.

Apeus
09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
How the phuck do you guys know if it is loaded or not....

You guys want to assume it wasn't loaded and it miraculously makes this situation any better.

Do you remember **** from when you were 11 months old?

I highly phucking doubt it....so what the phuck would "weapon control" training do for a kid that age(they wont even remember it)? **** like that is way to far in depth for a child that age. They are hardly speaking and you want them to hold **** that has the ability to kill.

I'm all for having guns under safety, but **** like that isn't safe at all. Even if the gun wasn't loaded...there is absolutely nothing to be gained from teaching an 11 year old weapon control.

What a joke...

Nobody said these parents were teaching their 11 month old "weapon control."
Everyone here is intelligent enough to know that 11 months is too young, plus the parents stated the pictures were taken for fun.

But can you tell me how an 11 month old holding an unloaded weapon would be more dangerous from him/her holding any other object of equal weight?

Pay_Me
09-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Hey, I'm just arguing that we have literally no information on this story and people are being ridiculous by assuming it's the government out to get der guns.

There could have been marijuana in the photo. The children could have been pointing the guns at each other. The police could have gone to investigate and smelled marijuana through the door. Or the door could have been open and they saw dangerous living conditions.

If the children were dressed up as James Bond and holding unloaded pistols while the parents adjusted the lighting and this was all done on tasteful stationary with a comical Halloween greeting, then - yes - I too wonder wtf the cops were doing investigating this photo, but I think that this is very unlikely.

I agree. Especially since it seems pics are lacking. Those will clear up a lot of questions I think. Just going by wording of article, seems they were called due to kids holding guns. Now it could also be influenced by the accompanying email in how they were portraying it.

Vitalshok44
09-05-2009, 10:05 PM

no one thinks that it's the government out to get the guns, I do however think that it's a poor basis for a search warrant, if that is how entry into the apartment was obtained.

How the phuck do you guys know if it is loaded or not....

You guys want to assume it wasn't loaded and it miraculously makes this situation any better.

Do you remember **** from when you were 11 months old?

I highly phucking doubt it....so what the phuck would "weapon control" training do for a kid that age(they wont even remember it)? **** like that is way to far in depth for a child that age. They are hardly speaking and you want them to hold **** that has the ability to kill.

I'm all for having guns under safety, but **** like that isn't safe at all. Even if the gun wasn't loaded...there is absolutely nothing to be gained from teaching an 11 year old weapon control.

What a joke...

don't know for sure however, most of us assume that people owning guns legally are at least halfway responsible because we are responsible. So take that for what you well.

The guns being unloaded makes the issue absolutely mute!!, without a bullet a gun is just a fancy club/paperweight

having your child function a gun at that age is no different than giving them a baseball mitt. They'll soak up the motor control and integrate it into their system, it's no different than doing anything else with them at that age, and again if the gun is unloaded it doesn't mean anything is unsafe,it also has absolutely! no! ability to kill if it is unloaded.

frankly, you seem very non-competent about firearms and extremely skittish. I would suggest that you take a course or something to learn to understand them better.

SilverSpork
09-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Some people are really scarred ****less of guns. Mind your own damn business.

Moh7
09-06-2009, 12:33 AM
dont get why people are arguing so much in this thread. The article gives almost no informations and there isint even a picture. Once more info and possibly a pic is realeased then someone should bump the thread.

MistaO
09-06-2009, 12:42 AM
11 months old......

did you read that part?

Seriously man?!?!

(Keep in mind I but I didn't see any pictures at the link) But...how do you know they handed the infant a gun? Sounds almost impossible to me (hands not big enough, body not strong enough). So, I don't believe this infants was in control of the gun...what if it was next to the child? Should anyone with pictures of their child next to or near a cord, small toy or other choking hazards be held to criminal charges? I can see how it could be looked into, you know...questioning the parents but charges?

MistaO
09-06-2009, 12:43 AM
dont get why people are arguing so much in this thread. The article gives almost no informations and there isint even a picture. Once more info and possibly a pic is realeased then someone should bump the thread.

Well put, missed your post before this my previous one.