PDA

View Full Version : HELP im broke and i need good food ideas!

Ry Masta Flex
09-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone i need help!

Like most these days the economy has hit me hard and work has slowed a lot. Due to this ive been finding it hard to eat clean and enough while keeping the cost down. (crap foods just so much cheaper) I usually get frozen chicken brest as well as ground turkey but thats about it. I mix it up as much as i can it just gets old having the same meals over and over. So on to the question.

I was just wondering if anyone had some great as well as economical meals i could throw into the mix. Any ideas will help!

Thanks everyone

Lift Heavy and Lift Hard!

KurtyJ99
09-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey everyone i need help!

Like most these days the economy has hit me hard and work has slowed a lot. Due to this ive been finding it hard to eat clean and enough while keeping the cost down. (crap foods just so much cheaper) I usually get frozen chicken brest as well as ground turkey but thats about it. I mix it up as much as i can it just gets old having the same meals over and over. So on to the question.

I was just wondering if anyone had some great as well as economical meals i could throw into the mix. Any ideas will help!

Thanks everyone

Lift Heavy and Lift Hard!

Check your local supermarkets and butchers for deals on meats. I pay 289 a pound for chicken breasts right now.

For carbs you could buy ramen, it's beyond cheap.

For fats, good ole cheese and egg yolks (makes a great breakfast)

Emily92
09-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Tinned fish. Tuna is usually the most expensive one. Try mackerel.
I can get tins of mackerel in the shop near me for about 40p each.
This is going to sound really cheap!....but when you're at the supermarket always check the reduced shelf. I got 2 boxes of turkey breast the other day (think there was about 10 in each box) for under a fiver. Split it up into portion sizes and put it in the freezer.

Tinned vegetables are dirt cheap. Makes sure you check the label though because a lot of them are just full of added salt and water. Also, switch to value brands. Oats are oats. Rice is rice. It doesn't make a difference who makes it.

*STEVE*
09-02-2009, 11:48 PM
eggs eggs and more eggs , buy rice in bulk , make sams club your friend

bryceman41
09-02-2009, 11:50 PM
dont buy eggs buy egg whites...eggs have 2 much cholestrol in them..

zenzone
09-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Although not grade A body building protein, but buy pinto beans in bulk (cheap), put them in a slow cooker, add sum cooked turkey burger when beans are cooked, and u got protein, carbs, fiber, nutrients-all in cheap healthy package.

Ry Masta Flex
09-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Check your local supermarkets and butchers for deals on meats. I pay 289 a pound for chicken breasts right now.

For carbs you could buy ramen, it's beyond cheap.

For fats, good ole cheese and egg yolks (makes a great breakfast)

Ramen is loaded with sooo much sodium though isnt it? Or are you saying just for noodles and season myself?

Thanks to everyone else all great ideas!