PDA

View Full Version : "Bulking" Question

xenowhat
08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm sure many of you will roll your eyes at this thread but I keep getting mixed messages about this.

Soon I will be a freshman in college and, at the current time, I feel I have a decent build and a good level of bodyfat. However, as I'm sure most of you would say, I should "eat moar nao!" and gain some weight. I really want to, as I feel a solid 160 or 170 would be great. I feel I've been worrying about eating more than I should because of the fear of gaining a lot of fat; and with college coming up I'd rather have a somewhat relaxed approach to bodybuilding, seeing as I'm not looking to enter a contest or become a professional.

If I start eating more, and following a rough guideline for macronutrients (at least my bodyweight in grams of protein, lots of healthy fats, complex carbs, etc.), will fat become a huge issue? I mean, granted, every once in awhile I would like to indulge in "dirty foods" such as pizza, wings, what have you. But for the most part my diet would be made up of eggs (more specifically, omelletes), oatmeal, chicken, turkey, peanut butter, tuna, etc. If I keep a rough estimate of my p/f/c intake and try to eat as much nutrient dense foods as I can, will fat gain become a big issue?

I'll be weight training 4-5 days a week with some cardio here and there. I'm sure I'll be playing sports outside, as well, in my free time. Any opinions or prior experiences are welcome, I would just like some insight. Thanks.