PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor Attack on Glenn Beck tied to Obama Apointee

Stizzel
08-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Sorry if this is a repost.

Comments Obama Official Linked to Racially Charged Boycott of Glenn Beck
by Michelle Oddis

08/13/2009

A racially charged activist group called ?Color of Change? founded by Van Jones, a special advisor to the Obama Administration, is trying to silence popular radio and Fox News personality Glenn Beck by calling for a boycott of Beck?s TV advertisers.

On July 28th, Beck made a comment on the Fox & Friends morning show about Obama?s reaction to the arrest of Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr. During the discussion of ?Professor-Gate,? Beck connected the President?s past association with Rev. Jeremiah Wright to Obama?s comment that Cambridge police officer, Sgt. James Crowley, acted stupidly. Though Beck acknowledged most of the Obama administration is in fact white, he concluded that the President?s world experience made him a ?racist.?

Now ?Color of Change? has bullied at least five of Beck?s big advertisers -- SC Johnson, Progressive Insurance, Geico, Procter & Gamble and Nexus Lexis -- to pull their ads from Beck?s national cable program. Jones, the founder of ?Color of Change,? was named Special Advisor for Green Jobs at the White House Council on Environmental Quality -- a key administrative post -- this past March.

Putting tax-payer dollars to dubious use, the not-for-profit organization has hired well-heeled Hollywood publicist Ken Sunshine to further instigate the boycott.

From his wiki:

By his own account and international reporting, Jones evolved as a "roudy [Black] nationalist" collaborating as an avowed Communist with radical Marxists and Maoists[4]. Appointed as a so-called "green czar" among the officials President Obama has installed in his government avoiding advice and consent of the Senate, Jones was reported in August 2009 for his controversial role in attacking critics of the Obama Administration. After Glenn Beck, a cable TV commentator, [5]reported about the "Apollo Alliance" involving Jones among others as key architects of deficit-creating "recovery" and "cap and trade" legislation -- a group called "Color of Change" founded by Jones began pressuring advertisers to remove advertising from Beck's popular cable program.[6]

From the cited source

From the East Bay Express November 2nd 2005

"I met all these young radical people of color - I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of... I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary...I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th..By August, I was a communist."

The communist organisation Van jones went on to lead was called Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM).

My apologies to every Bircher who I thought was a little over ambitious with all the Commie claims.

Presonally I think this little conflict is just the powers that be putting on a show for us to get us more into the left vs right paradigm. I just can't believe Obama would not only associate with this guy, but would give him a fairly high ranking position in his administration.

Does he not vet people before bringing them in?