PDA

View Full Version : maintain 8% bf, but grow chest mass?

froginabox29
08-25-2009, 02:20 AM
I currently have 8% body fat and I'm very happy with the way I look. However, I want my chest to grow a bit bigger. I already hit heavy weights and I eat at least 200g protein a day (I weigh 180 lbs). What should I alter about my diet to keep my 8% body fat but grow a bigger chest?

6 small meals a day:
Go Lean Cereal + 1% fat Milk + 4 egg whites (30-35g protein)
7 Egg whites with peanut butter (30~40g protein)
7 Egg whites with Avocado (30g protein)
Whole Wheat Pasta cooked with extra virgin olive oil with Lean Turkey Meat (~40g protein)
Protein Shake + 2 Fruits (40g protein)
boiled pork vegetable soup (broccoli, spinach, romaine lettuce) with 6 egg whites (~30g protein)
This is my everyday diet. Nontraining days and training days.
As for weights for chest:
Bench Press 5x5 230 lbs
Weighted dips (3x10~12)
Incline Dumbbell Press (3x12)
I do this twice a week, with 3 day intervals.
Some time during the 3 day intervals, I do weighted pushups and I use the cable crossover machine for lower chest.

Any opinion and help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks guys

bodydropcris
08-25-2009, 03:52 AM
massage all those eggwhites into your chest for spot treatment...

SwiftyX
08-25-2009, 04:33 AM
I would first get rid of the stupid notion of putting on any good deal of mass without fat gain. After you wrap your head around that, your goal will become much easier to meet.

herokiller
08-25-2009, 06:04 AM
I currently have 8% body fat and I'm very happy with the way I look. However, I want my chest to grow a bit bigger. I already hit heavy weights and I eat at least 200g protein a day (I weigh 180 lbs). What should I alter about my diet to keep my 8% body fat but grow a bigger chest?

6 small meals a day:
Whole Wheat Pasta cooked with extra virgin olive oil with Lean Turkey Meat (~40g protein)
boiled pork vegetable soup (broccoli, spinach, romaine lettuce) with 6 egg whites (~30g protein)
Bench Press 5x5 230 lbs
Weighted dips (3x10~12)
Some time during the 3 day intervals, I do weighted pushups and I use the cable crossover machine for lower chest.

you are definitely overtraining your chest and will have a very slow growth unless your on steroids. once a week is enough. theres something wrong with your execution maybe.

the59sound
08-25-2009, 06:05 AM
I would first get rid of the stupid notion of putting on any good deal of mass without fat gain. After you wrap your head around that, your goal will become much easier to meet.

truth and if you really are at 8% and increase your caloric intake slowly and keep some cardio up the fat gain want be too much and will be so easy to get rid of. dont worry about fat gain put some damn muscle on your chest first.

herokiller
08-25-2009, 06:58 AM
and why should you worry about gaining fat? your at 8% bf so gaining a little is still invisible on an overnight gluttony.

froginabox29
08-25-2009, 10:49 AM
So should I just keep doing my 3 days of HIIT per week but just add a sufficient amount of calories to each of the 6 meals I eat daily until I get to the mass that I desire?

sunngodd
08-25-2009, 10:52 AM
So should I just keep doing my 3 days of HIIT per week but just add a sufficient amount of calories to each of the 6 meals I eat daily until I get to the mass that I desire?

you could cut out some cardio or add cals, doesn't matter

froginabox29
08-25-2009, 02:40 PM
So by how much should I increase my calories by? Assuming that I'm currently taking 1500-2000 calories per day before including weight training/cardio

kthxbai
08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
lol at 20 egg whites.

froginabox29
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
lol at 20 egg whites.

I thought it was a bit too much until people on this forum told me that it is the healthiest type of protein you can have. Plus I get 24 jumbo eggs for about $2.50 or so. Lol

bodydropcris
08-25-2009, 05:31 PM
all those poor baby chickens aborted every day...

southpaw17_2002
08-25-2009, 09:31 PM
truth and if you really are at 8% and increase your caloric intake slowly and keep some cardio up the fat gain want be too much and will be so easy to get rid of. dont worry about fat gain put some damn muscle on your chest first.

Lulz. Please explain why cardio while increasing calories will reduce fat gain, while building muscle mass. This post makes absolutely no sense.

Edit: If you want to gain mass, increase calories. It does not matter when you add them. If you increase calories and cardio you are defeating the whole purpose. Increase calories by say 500. It would take you a week to gain one pound of fat, assuming that all of that is stored as fat. At your weight, assuming you gain no muscle, that would increase your body fat by ~.5 %. Ideally you would gain a bit of muscle with this so you would increase your bf % by very little. You would not even notice. Also, I assume that now you are in a deficit so adding in more calories will probably not even matter.

kthxbai
08-25-2009, 09:39 PM
I thought it was a bit too much until people on this forum told me that it is the healthiest type of protein you can have. Plus I get 24 jumbo eggs for about $2.50 or so. Lol

Whether or not they are the healthiest protein source(I won't get into that), it is healthier to have a variety of foods instead of massive quantities of the same thing every day.

southpaw17_2002
08-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Whether or not they are the healthiest protein source(I won't get into that), it is healthier to have a variety of foods instead of massive quantities of the same thing every day.

Find it ironic that he won't eat yolks, but consumes peanut butter and avocados, which I can only assume are for fats. Buy Omega 3 enhanced eggs and stop wasting so much.

the59sound
08-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Lulz. Please explain why cardio while increasing calories will reduce fat gain, while building muscle mass. This post makes absolutely no sense.

Edit: If you want to gain mass, increase calories. It does not matter when you add them. If you increase calories and cardio you are defeating the whole purpose. Increase calories by say 500. It would take you a week to gain one pound of fat, assuming that all of that is stored as fat. At your weight, assuming you gain no muscle, that would increase your body fat by ~.5 %. Ideally you would gain a bit of muscle with this so you would increase your bf % by very little. You would not even notice. Also, I assume that now you are in a deficit so adding in more calories will probably not even matter.

its pretty simple really, increase in caloric intake for building muscle. Coupled with 3 times a week of cardio which decreases total caloric intake for those days and increase fat oxidation during cardio sessions leads to less fat gain amongst many other benefits. dont be dense.

Afroclipse
08-25-2009, 10:24 PM
all those poor baby chickens aborted every day...

Breeders lay fertilized eggs because they get Effed by a COCK. Layers just lay eggs all day for our consumption.

martinibluex
08-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Dude, what do you do with the whites? I tried to eat more since I am sick of meat and dairy, but ****, those things were anything but edible. I don't mind throwing a couple of yolks in there but not more since they won't fit in my macros.
/hijack

neil324
08-26-2009, 02:07 AM
Breeders lay fertilized eggs because they get Effed by a COCK. Layers just lay eggs all day for our consumption.

It was joke i think, that obviously missed you by a mile.(Or km depending where your from) :)

Pump_30
08-26-2009, 07:37 AM
If you want your chest to grow......you need more volume, start blasting the chest.....every set go couple reps beyond failure with spotter.....the key to growth is intensity.....the muscle has to be pummled into submission.....that will stimulate growth, the human body can adapt to stress very well....constant sets to failure, low rest periods

give your chest enough rest to recoup.....if you hit it very hard....once a week or every 5 days....the body needs rest to rebuild the muscle breakdown....give it time to repair itself

scrap the bench press for a while....head over to the dumbell racks....that is your ticket to growth

flat dumbell presses
slight incline presses...not too much incline or you will work front delts too much
decline presses
fly...flat/incline/decline.....different angles with ur hands will play a role in hitting the chest

6 small meals a day:
Bench Press 5x5 230 lbs
Weighted dips (3x10~12)

Krique
08-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Bench Press 5x5 230 lbs
Weighted dips (3x10~12)

So you work your chest up to four times a week WITHOUT a caloric excess? I'd say you are over training.