PDA

View Full Version : Soy [Only going to post this once]

FunAndSun
08-18-2009, 11:05 PM
We can all thank Dwayne Andreas for the addition of the soybean to almost every facet of the grocery store product [you are a tool if you eat processed grocery store food.]

I stopped eating bread because when I searched over 70 different brands in the stores around my area 100% of them contained soy lethicin, soy wheat, and soybean oil [you can get healthy carbs in many other ways than from bread.]

For all of you 'bodybuilders' that shove protein shakes/processed drinks down your throat every day... please please PLEASE click the two links I'm showing. Even more can be found from just doing a google search of "Dangers of Soy."

Most of us watch our diet very closely, but I feel the need to share that may of you need to completely re-evaluate what you put in your body [hint soy ain't the only bad thing in the industrial food system.]

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/ >>> Great site for almost everything about soy that is bad for humans.

http://www.westonaprice.org/press/press-13jul09.html >>> Link to a health/nutrition site > founded < by people that truly know what they are talking about.

Please fawkin read these. I could honestly care less, because I know, and I eat as little soy as possible [it's in about 80% of US food supply in some form or another] but when they start playing SOY BAR commercials on tv, WHEN IM AT THE GODDAM GYM, that **** just pisses me off. Please do not buy these, do not eat them, do not support them. The goddam commercial even goes so far as to say that the Chinese Emperor dignified the soybean as a divine food; Incorrect. It was only divine in that it would keep villagers alive during famine; they wouldn't even feed it to their animals otherwise.

Cliffs
=You douches that eat soy anything [including whey protein shakes] are giving yourself estrogen
=In men high doses of soy will cause enlargement of the breasts, decrease in facial/body hair, and overall decrease in violence/aggresion
=In women high doses of soy can IMMENSELY increase rates of cervical/ovarian cancer
=In a child even moderate to mild doses of soy can equal the equivalent of feeding the baby 5-8 birth control pills

dopamine72
08-18-2009, 11:10 PM
now i dunno what to believe

dat
08-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Put on your tinfoil hats, people.

FunAndSun
08-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Put on your tinfoil hats, people.

Hmmm, so scientific research means tinfoil hats and Alex Jones. Good one.

All of the bodybuilding community seem to be so adept at talking about the myriad number of supplements to take and know all about inner biochemistry [despite the majority not taking formal courses in it.]

Ok.

Look up lysinoalanine, lysinoalanine [carcinogen,] phytoestrogen. If any of those were in your methyl-1-T, 2-T =etc etc pro homrone bullsh!it would you look it up? Would you read anything other than some BS propaganda from a pharmaceutical company that made it? Oh wait none of you even look up any of that either [guess what harmful.]

Take your tinfoil hat **** elsewhere.

Soy in large doses is extremely harmful to human beings. Ask the prisoners in the Illinois penal system after Gov. Rod Blagovich gave the gov't contract for food supply to a company the fed them 90% soy diet. Some of them grew "kidney stones," but they were in their arms, legs, chest, and one even in a lung. High soy consumption is definitively linked to thyroid malfunction.

Please inform, don't misinform.

HealthyGains
08-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Ezekiel bread has sprouted soybeans which don't have the same effect on the body (just as wheat flour and sprouted wheat are completely different). The other "safe" forms of soy are Tofu because it's fermented.

Soy is more harmful now because it's GMO, that's why they got the kidney stones everywhere. The prison system buys the cheapest soy products it can(GMO).

A little bit isn't going to harm you, but I def. check for it in food. I don't understand why people like soy protein when Pea/Rice is far better.

FunAndSun
08-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Ezekiel bread has sprouted soybeans which don't have the same effect on the body (just as wheat flour and sprouted wheat are completely different). The other "safe" forms of soy are Tofu because it's fermented.

Soy is more harmful now because it's GMO, that's why they got the kidney stones everywhere. The prison system buys the cheapest soy products it can(GMO).

Props for informing people.

Yes, ANY GMO is bad. But almost every processed food product is GMO nowadays.

I'm speaking specifically about soy because it is entirely GMO.

[hint] the agro business and food companies buy the cheapest they can as well, for profit motive [GMO.]

Again, I could give a ****. I know what to eat, and where to get it. But when they play those dam soy bar commercials on TV, I'm going to tell everyone I can [I've been speaking out against soy to my RL counterparts for several years.]

reefpicker
08-19-2009, 12:29 PM
We can all thank Dwayne Andreas for the addition of the soybean to almost every facet of the grocery store product [you are a tool if you eat processed grocery store food.]

Calling people "tool" is not going to do much. And posting some regurgitated piece of pseudo-science won't do much either.

I stopped eating bread because when I searched over 70 different brands in the stores around my area 100% of them contained soy lethicin, soy wheat, and soybean oil [you can get healthy carbs in many other ways than from bread.]

Although you are right that bread is not a great source of "healthy" carbs, soy lecithin has little to do with it.

Soy-derived lecithin is simply an emulsifier. It contains phospholipids:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_lecithin

Nothing wrong with that.

For all of you 'bodybuilders' that shove protein shakes/processed drinks down your throat every day... please please PLEASE click the two links I'm showing. Even more can be found from just doing a google search of "Dangers of Soy."

Not all protein shakes contain soy.

Most of us watch our diet very closely, but I feel the need to share that may of you need to completely re-evaluate what you put in your body [hint soy ain't the only bad thing in the industrial food system.]

So?

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/ >>> Great site for almost everything about soy that is bad for humans.

http://www.westonaprice.org/press/press-13jul09.html >>> Link to a health/nutrition site > founded < by people that truly know what they are talking about.

Neither of these is a reputable source of scientific information.

Please fawkin read these. I could honestly care less, because I know, and I eat as little soy as possible [it's in about 80% of US food supply in some form or another] but when they start playing SOY BAR commercials on tv, WHEN IM AT THE GODDAM GYM, that **** just pisses me off. Please do not buy these, do not eat them, do not support them. The goddam commercial even goes so far as to say that the Chinese Emperor dignified the soybean as a divine food; Incorrect. It was only divine in that it would keep villagers alive during famine; they wouldn't even feed it to their animals otherwise.

Not sure where that commercial is playing but I have never seen it... As for soy's divinity, all I can say is that even if it was not deified before, its certainly the case that it is vilified now. And for no reason. Soy is just a plant with some interesting properties that make it a great crop...

Cliffs
=You douches that eat soy anything [including whey protein shakes] are giving yourself estrogen

Whey protein is not related to soy protein. Whey is not estrogenic.

=In men high doses of soy will cause enlargement of the breasts,

Yeah right.

decrease in facial/body hair, and overall decrease in violence/aggresion

LOL And we don't want that, do we?

Actually, human females have slowly (but surely) increased the selective pressure to decrease these traits in males (hence we tend to have less facial hair now than our ancestors). They also choose less violent mates.

And lets not forget that some metrosexuals shave almost every part of the body, so I dont think most ppl see those as bad things!

=In women high doses of soy can IMMENSELY increase rates of cervical/ovarian cancer

=In a child even moderate to mild doses of soy can equal the equivalent of feeding the baby 5-8 birth control pills

You should provide the links to the studies that reveal this.

aer_vlad
08-19-2009, 01:02 PM
...strong lack of social skills & grammar

blumnblam
08-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Study: Resistance training with soy vs whey protein supplements in hyperlipidemic males. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19284589)

ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: Most individuals at risk for developing cardiovascular disease (CVD) can reduce risk factors through diet and exercise before resorting to drug treatment. The effect of a combination of resistance training with vegetable-based (soy) versus animal-based (whey) protein supplementation on CVD risk reduction has received little study. The study's purpose was to examine the effects of 12 weeks of resistance exercise training with soy versus whey protein supplementation on strength gains, body composition and serum lipid changes in overweight, hyperlipidemic men. METHODS: Twenty-eight overweight, male subjects (BMI 25-30) with serum cholesterol >200 mg/dl were randomly divided into 3 groups (placebo (n = 9), and soy (n = 9) or whey (n = 10) supplementation) and participated in supervised resistance training for 12 weeks. Supplements were provided in a double blind fashion. RESULTS: All 3 groups had significant gains in strength, averaging 47% in all major muscle groups and significant increases in fat free mass (2.6%), with no difference among groups. Percent body fat and waist-to-hip ratio decreased significantly in all 3 groups an average of 8% and 2%, respectively, with no difference among groups. Total serum cholesterol decreased significantly, again with no difference among groups. CONCLUSION: Participation in a 12 week resistance exercise training program significantly increased strength and improved both body composition and serum cholesterol in overweight, hypercholesterolemic men with no added benefit from protein supplementation.

"The benefits of soy supplementation on improving lipid profiles are well documented" 1 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11507329), 2 (http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/redirect3.cgi?&&auth=06yVzaMBu0OFZwOs-RiW-bJJUcrGU926_61T_tQls&reftype=pubmed&article-id=2660282&issue-id=175374&journal-id=521&FROM=Article%7CCitationRef&TO=Entrez%7CPubMed%7CRecord&rendering-type=normal&&http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12597262), 3 (http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/redirect3.cgi?&&auth=02oUk4kZWbgffeF8BHqVeHuzJBK2JWUqwQwDibAAx&reftype=pubmed&article-id=2660282&issue-id=175374&journal-id=521&FROM=Article%7CCitationRef&TO=Entrez%7CPubMed%7CRecord&rendering-type=normal&&http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15699227), 4 (The benefits of soy supplementation on improving lipid profiles are well documented)

Complete Conclusion of quoted article:

Our results suggest that protein supplementation is not necessary for strength or body composition changes in overweight men consuming a diet with an adequate supply of amino acids to meet the needs for stimulation of muscle protein synthesis during resistance exercise. Resistance exercise training alone increases muscle mass and improves body composition measures in sedentary, overweight men. Soy based protein supplements appear to be as effective as animal-based protein to support strength gains. Our results also suggest that soy protein supplementation during resistance training warrants further study in larger samples over longer periods of time since previous work has shown that regular soy consumption improves lipid profiles and the insulin-to-glucagon ratio and lowers oxidative stress

I think soy in moderation (and not as primary source of protein) isn't a bad thing.

HealthyGains
08-19-2009, 01:49 PM
...of course no comments on the GMO aspect of the above...

Also:
http://drbloem.com/2009/05/20/soy-protein-used-in-natural-foods-bathed-in-toxic-solvent-hexane/

http://www.wholesoystory.com/

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/soy_studies.html

Da_Joker
08-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Neither of these is a reputable source of scientific information.

Actually Weston Price is a reputable source of scientific information, you should really read one of his books. I personally just finished reading nutrition and physical degeneration. By trade Price was a Dentist and his mission was to go around the world to visit tribe/ethnic groups that were sheltered from modern life and were still living and eating how they always had. He has documented prove through lab analysis of the foods, first hand experience in being there and photo documentation showing that the people who stuck to their original diets were not only free from the dental caries(main reason why he started this expedition) but also noted that they were free from many other diseases that were plaguing the "White Man" at the time.

Within those communities he would also check up on people whom have adapted to the nutrition style of "The White Man" and in those people he noticed lots of dental defects, problems and other diseases. The types of food that he saw them eating off of their normal diet was typically white flour, refined sugar things of that nature.

rhizome
08-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Wall of retarded text

Your mommy must have fed you soy you shrunken little sack of unproducing swimmers. Your brain has experienced soy degeneration.

Negged. And all the ass-grabbin' foolz will be negged.

ives
08-20-2009, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=FunAndSun;373552941]
=In men high doses of soy will cause enlargement of the breasts, decrease in facial/body hair, and overall decrease in violence/aggresion

Wait... then why are so many of the dirty vegan soy-nomming hippie boys I see in Lincoln Park rail-thin, boobless, and covered in ungroomed-but-dense facial hair?

icetrauma
08-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Strong join date and go cry else were. Here have some redz to make ya feel better.

SuppFiend
08-20-2009, 09:31 AM
in before some bro thinks soy causes b*tch titz...

...wait to late?

reefpicker
08-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Actually Weston Price is a reputable source of scientific information, you should really read one of his books. I personally just finished reading nutrition and physical degeneration. By trade Price was a Dentist and his mission was to go around the world to visit tribe/ethnic groups that were sheltered from modern life and were still living and eating how they always had. He has documented prove through lab analysis of the foods, first hand experience in being there and photo documentation showing that the people who stuck to their original diets were not only free from the dental caries(main reason why he started this expedition) but also noted that they were free from many other diseases that were plaguing the "White Man" at the time.

Within those communities he would also check up on people whom have adapted to the nutrition style of "The White Man" and in those people he noticed lots of dental defects, problems and other diseases. The types of food that he saw them eating off of their normal diet was typically white flour, refined sugar things of that nature.

DJ,

While your post is very well put and shows that you are educated on the subject (of who westonprice is), I think that those so called experiments do not count much for anything.

First, an experiment that was not designed to show dietary differences vs. health, can't be the basis for any serious debate on soy and soy-based food.

A better approach (for example) would be to take on samples from people of the same ethnicity, similar life-styles, and similar exercise habits, but who are high or low soy consumers. But going around the world comparing diet and health is not the best way to show that dietary differences lead to healthy or unhealthy lives... What about exercise? What about genetic influences? How do you define healthy? Are this tribe people living into the 90's? What is the medical care they receive?

Time and again, I have been directed to something written in the Price website and I usually can't read more than 4 paragraphs without finding some "pseudoscience" or a really big leap of faith (and logic) in their part.

I think that a group such as that, based in Washington DC, is mostly a group that works to foster its own economic interest. They use fear and alarmistic tactics to pander to their cause.

Nefariousx1
08-20-2009, 01:43 PM
in before this thread gets closed