PDA

View Full Version : Great Yogurt! High protein low fat. Have you tried it?

IWantGains
08-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I was recently shopping and stumbled across a yogurt that was not packed with sugar, and surprisingly had a pretty high protein content. Have you ever seen a yogurt that has a "Whey Protein Consentrate" in it? I eat this once a day as a snack, making sure i meet my macros. Have you tried it? Pictures are attached.

CaliforniaKing
08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Haven't seen many foods that have whey as a listed ingredient..looks good. How's it compare to regular yogurt like Dannon?

stalzer09
08-13-2009, 04:07 PM
I was recently shopping and stumbled across a yogurt that was not packed with sugar, and surprisingly had a pretty high protein content. Have you ever seen a yogurt that has a "Whey Protein Isolate" in it? I eat this once a day as a snack, making sure i meet my macros. Have you tried it? Pictures are attached.

i eat two a day

THE_TRUTH86
08-13-2009, 04:16 PM
those are great nutrition wise!!! we buy those at Ralphs supermarket in CALI... my gf/mom/dad eat those... i get to eat them if there are any left over. but yeah eating two of those is great 24g protein 3g fat and 8g carbs with 2g fiber... now just add 1tbs pb and ur good to go

BoyBawang
08-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Are those greek yogurt?

Vietgoboi
I was recently shopping and stumbled across a yogurt that was not packed with sugar, and surprisingly had a pretty high protein content. Have you ever seen a yogurt that has a "Whey Protein Isolate" in it? I eat this once a day as a snack, making sure i meet my macros. Have you tried it? Pictures are attached.Which store did you purchase this from?

Haven't seen many foods that have whey as a listed ingredient..looks good. How's it compare to regular yogurt like Dannon?I like to know also.

lee__d
looks like an awesome profile to me

cjhannsz
08-13-2009, 04:48 PM
How much is this? I'd like to eat yogurt more often for stomach and intestinal health, but I just don't like the idea of 3 spoonfuls giving me 80 calories of sugar.

Flexxo
08-13-2009, 04:49 PM
This looks legit actually.

A more 'candy' like version of cottage cheese?!?!

Ripnlean
08-13-2009, 04:51 PM
looks very good, me want some, haven't seen any like this out on the east coast.
How much for that Six Pack?

Flexxo
08-13-2009, 04:54 PM
There are NO Krogers around here.

Hurry! Ship me an overnighter in ice!

SupaNatural
08-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Are those greek yogurt?

Does not appear to be, but Greek yogurt w/honey is the tits.

IWantGains
08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Forgot to mention, 80 calories each 6oz of yogurt.

IWantGains
08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Which store did you purchase this from?

From foodforless. I live in socal, but this is the only place where I can track these down.

How much is this? I'd like to eat yogurt more often for stomach and intestinal health, but I just don't like the idea of 3 spoonfuls giving me 80 calories of sugar.

They are sold individually and are 50cents each. So $3 for 6, seems like a good deal to me.

gjohnson5
08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I eat 2 Activia + Fiber per day
Great for the digestive system

IWantGains
08-13-2009, 05:10 PM
I eat 2 Activia + Fiber per day
Great for the digestive system

The downside to activia is that they have 17 grams of sugar, and only 5grams protein. So your taking in an extra 34 grams of unnecessary sugars.

gjohnson5
08-13-2009, 05:24 PM
The downside to activia is that they have 17 grams of sugar, and only 5grams protein. So your taking in an extra 34 grams of unnecessary sugars.

Time to hang myself...
34 whole grams of sugar
:rolleyes:

Sugars don't make you fat calories make you fat

ErickStevens
08-13-2009, 06:15 PM
* > Greek Yogurt

stalzer09
08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
they sell them at frys here in phoenix area

Rob1608
08-13-2009, 06:52 PM
greek yogurt with honey FTMFW

Krique
08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't get it. Can't you just buy the normal light yogurts (ie low fat and low sugar) that only have 60 calories and then add in a tablespoon of whey? That's what I do anyway, it totals 80 calories and 10g of protein. Tastes great and surprisingly isn't too expensive.

UWBodybuilding
08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Nice find brah. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled :)

VT-hokiefied
08-14-2009, 12:21 PM
ditto on these. they have them at krogers where I am and they're very good.

psaljoug
08-14-2009, 12:36 PM
how much is it? Seems much easier to just buy greek yogurt and add ur own protein powder.. plus that way it doesnt have the gelatin and other stuff added to this one

VT-hokiefied
08-14-2009, 12:47 PM
how much is it? Seems much easier to just buy greek yogurt and add ur own protein powder.. plus that way it doesnt have the gelatin and other stuff added to this one

it's way cheaper for me. the greek yogurt where I buy it (Kroger) is like $2 for an individual serving container. these I can get on sale sometimes for 33 cents a piece. I can't remember how much they are not on sale, but it's less than 50 cents.

J- Bizz245
08-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm pretty sure plain yogurts with active cultures only contain like 4 grams of carbs per cup anyways because the cultures eat away the lactose so you guys shouldn't worry about the excess amounts of sugars or whatever in "activia" and those other yogurts as long as they contain live and active cultures, so you could just buy plain yogurt with active cultures then add in flavoring like honey or berries.

Here's where I read this before: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=8766524&postcount=9

rloupe1
08-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Just ate a strawberry pomegranate Carbmaster Yogurt. I love these things! Kroger is the only place I have found them in Texas. This yogurt is to yogurt what Naturally More is to peanut butter...Simply better!

08-15-2009, 11:02 AM
they sell them at frys here in phoenix area

Is there a grocery store called Fry's too? I am only familiar with the electronics retailer called Frys. Never thought I could buy a new hard drive and video card the same place I could buy a 6 pack of this yogurt.

shadowstrength
08-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm pretty sure plain yogurts with active cultures only contain like 4 grams of carbs per cup anyways because the cultures eat away the lactose so you guys shouldn't worry about the excess amounts of sugars or whatever in "activia" and those other yogurts as long as they contain live and active cultures, so you could just buy plain yogurt with active cultures then add in flavoring like honey or berries.

Here's where I read this before: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=8766524&postcount=9

good post

Butterfly09
08-15-2009, 01:14 PM

Not necessarily because the Activia has added sugars not just lactose. It has added fructose syrup, sugar and corn starch. What you are posting about is called the yogurt exception-a theory put forth by Dr. Goldberg the author of the Go Diet. I have to find the link but I think the theory has been disproved and he developed this using plain yogurt not sweetened ones with added sugars. Many lowcarb forums posters use the theory of the yogurt exception as a reason to pig out on yogurt. lol

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/yogurt.html

MaximusJuris
08-15-2009, 02:22 PM
REAL greek yogurt is fantastic. I like the ***e Greek Yogurt you can buy at Costco

That stuff in the original post... not greek yogurt. No. Greek yogurt should not have protein added to it. Greek yogurt is basically regular yogurt that's been strained through a cheesecloth to remove the watery whey. It is very high in casein and low in whey protein because of this, and it is overall higher in protein than regular yogurt.

It is delicious, creamy, and thick. That crap in the original post has a bunch of emulsifiers n crap in it.

08-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Anyone know where to get this stuff on the east coast, specifically in Florida?