PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage Will Lead to the Downfall of Society...

FordHD
08-12-2009, 04:32 PM
...or so says this guy.

Pretty interesting topic, especially the way he words everything, I'm suprised he doesn't have more gay rights people leaving comments criticizing him. lol

So do you believe with this view? Will gay marriage harm the way we view morals in this country, leading to more destruction?

Or is this simply another Bible-thumping paranoid conservative?

I don't necessarily agree with EVERYTHING he says, but it does make some good points.

***EDIT: Looks like I can't post links until I hit 30 posts!?!?!

Guess I'll have to tell you guys how to get there then...

Go to TheRagingElephant.com, and scroll down a bit, the article is about the third article down on the front page and is titled "Gay Marriage Will Lead to the Downfall of America".

krsvbg
08-12-2009, 04:35 PM
That's ridiculous. Let the gays marry. What's the worst that could happen? OOOH I KNOW! Half of their marriages will fail too! Lol.

This is a BS issue. I don't worry about stuff that doens't affect me.

spol8910
08-12-2009, 04:59 PM
...or so says this guy.

Pretty interesting topic, especially the way he words everything, I'm suprised he doesn't have more gay rights people leaving comments criticizing him. lol

So do you believe with this view? Will gay marriage harm the way we view morals in this country, leading to more destruction?

I don't necessarily agree with EVERYTHING he says, but it does make some good points.

Go to TheRagingElephant.com, and scroll down a bit, the article is about the third article down on the front page and is titled "Gay Marriage Will Lead to the Downfall of America".

How could two men, or two women, committing to love, cherish, respect, and live with one another till death do they part lead to the downfall of society. Just look at all the good things marriage produces, happier people, less stress, less disease, more financially stable individuals. I completely fail to see how two people promising to spend their lives together will lead to the downfall of society. If anything, we need more love in this world.

Blindead
08-12-2009, 05:38 PM
yPvVnrV1tow

spol8910
08-12-2009, 05:57 PM
yPvVnrV1tow

lol funny and a few good points, reped

b3rtstare
08-12-2009, 06:02 PM
...or so says this guy.

Is this the one? Ill post it for you.

http://theragingelephant.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=188:gay-marriage-will-lead-to-the-downfall-of-society&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=87

It seems these days everyone feels as though they are entitled to push their beliefs and lifestyles onto everyone else, no matter how small of a minority they are in. This philosophy is no different when it comes to a guy sticking his lower member into places it should never be stuck. Absurd as it sounds, there are people out there who believe we need to change our laws to accept this unethical and immoral behavior, ignoring the fact that according to a recent USA Today/Gallup Poll, 57% of Americans believe that same-sex marriages should not be recognized. In fact, according to the same poll, 48% of Americans believe that legalizing gay marriage will change society for the worse, with only 13% believing it would make our world a better place.

Proponents of gay marriage usually throw around the term “open-minded” when referring to why we should change our laws in favor of the gays. They claim that we need to think ‘outside of the box’ and be more accepting of their behavior. They preach ‘acceptance’ and ‘understanding’ of peoples beliefs, no matter what they may be…well right up until you disagree with them. If you dare mention the thought of homosexual behavior being wrong, then you are quickly labeled a homophobic bigot. The truth is, they are only accepting of what they believe in, using the idea of “acceptance” to make people feel as though they have to accept this behavior or else they are close minded. To see thought process in action, you must look no further than the recent Miss USA pageant, in which Miss California was chastised for her belief that gay marriage is wrong. So much for acceptance of other people’s beliefs…

“But 1 in every 10 men in this country is gay! We need to realize how prominent homosexuality is and change our laws!” Argue with any proponent of gay rights and you will almost always have this argument thrown back at you. Citing information from a 50 year old, statistically flawed study, they come to the illogical conclusion that 10% of the population is indeed homosexual, when in fact the real percentages are closer to 3%-- a far cry from 1 in every 10 men. Studies done by the University of Chicago and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, along with polls from institutions such as Hunter College, show the number to be around 2.5 to 3%. According to GayDemographics.org, the number of same-sex couples in America is only 1.16%! So we’re supposed to change our ideals and beliefs to benefit 1% of the population? I don’t think so.

The next belief that is thrown at those who disagree with homosexuality is that people are born gay—they can’t help who they are. The only conclusion I can come to is that this silly way of thinking was thought up in an effort to make people feel sorry for gays, thus changing their opinion on the whole concept of homosexuality. I come to this conclusion because the idea that homosexuals are born gay is both factually and medically incorrect. No one is born gay, it is a lifestyle choice. There are many documented cases of homosexuals changing their sexuality and becoming heterosexual, and in fact, homosexuality was removed from the American Psychiatric Association’s list of mental disorders by none other than a gay-activist.

Dr. Robert L. Spitzer, a gay rights activist himself, performed a study to see if homosexuality can indeed be reversed. Published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, his findings show how 200 homosexuals changed their sexual desires and began to live heterosexually, thus proving that they do in fact have a choice—homosexuality is reversible. But that’s not all—more recently in 2004, hundreds of former homosexuals wrote to two prominent newspapers, the New York Times and USA Today, and explained how they had changed their sexual nature and were now living heterosexual lives. The bottom line is, if someone can change the way they live, or reverse something that they have been doing for years, then it is a choice.

The last argument spewed from the mouths of those who favor same-sex marriages is one that is used as a last resort, a phrase that is uttered once they realized none of their other arguments make sense— “how does it affect your life if two guys get married?”

Most people who oppose same-sex marriages don’t really know how to answer this question. They feel that if they answer it truthfully, and state that it goes against their moral or religious beliefs, that they will be labeled as a bigot. However, if those who favor gay marriage want to throw around the incorrect number that 1 in every 10 Americans is gay, then why not state that 8 in 10 Americans identify themselves with some form of the Christian religion. That number jumps to 9 in 10 Americans when you include Muslims and Jews. This fact alone should say enough—you can not support gay marriage and practice what the Bible preaches at the same time. Leviticus 18:22 makes this point clear when it states:

“Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.”

The New Testament also speaks on the subject, where Romans 1:27 states:

“In the same way men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men and received themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

This nation was founded on Christian principles by Christian men and women. Whether people want to admit it or not, this is a Christian nation, and we have been for over 200 years now. Being a nation of Christian fundamentals, we have the right to ban immoral and unethical behavior, such as homosexuality. We shouldn’t have to give any further explanation other than the fact that this is what we believe in. Calling our beliefs ‘closed minded’ and ‘hateful’ is both irrational and dumb.

If you state that marriage is when two people “love and care for each other”, just where do you draw the line? Why should it be limited to just two people? What about someone who loves his sister or cousin? What about bigamy or bestiality? Isn’t it unfair that John and Allen can get married but Chris and his beloved German Shepard can’t? What if I love more than one person, why can't I be allowed to be in a union with more than one person? Isn’t that discrimination? It may sound ridiculous, but the moral precedent we established on these issues is thrown out the window when you allow an immoral act such as gay marriage to become legal.

See, gay marriage may seem harmless in thought, why should we care what two guys do in their private lives? But their lives aren’t private, for their relationship does not exist in a vacuum. Their actions are seen by many, and it will only be a matter of time before the effects trickle down to other issues. We as a nation will see no harm in allowing unethical and immoral acts to prosper, thus leading to the downfall of our country and civilized society.

So there it is, the case against gay marriage. As long as those in favor of gay marriage complain that opponents of homosexuality are unjustified in their beliefs, I will continue to call them what they are: Bigots—closed minded and not understanding of mine and most of the citizens in this country’s beliefs.

Mark my words, gay marriage will lead to the destruction of society.

evilsteve02
08-12-2009, 06:03 PM
That's ridiculous. Let the gays marry. What's the worst that could happen? OOOH I KNOW! Half of their marriages will fail too! Lol.

This is a BS issue. I don't worry about stuff that doens't affect me.

lol, i can see the headlines on the news papers now...."Gay divorce rate up 1,000% since (insert date that gay marriage is allowed)" Hey, let them suffer like the rest of us...that's what i say...

Kiknskreem
08-12-2009, 06:27 PM
It seems these days everyone feels as though they are entitled to push their beliefs and lifestyles onto everyone else...

Didn't get past the first line.

Irony, anyone?

spol8910
08-12-2009, 06:39 PM

Irony, anyone?

How are two men, or two women, committing to spend their lives together forcing anything upon you? If anything, the people who disagree with gay marriage are forcing their chosen lifestyles (i.e. religion) upon others.

OatsandSteak
08-12-2009, 06:44 PM
It should all be regarded as civil union, marriage should be the religious ceremony. Therefore, religion has nothing to do with the process and no civil rights are stripped in the process.

Kiknskreem
08-12-2009, 06:45 PM
How are two men, or two women, committing to spend their lives together forcing anything upon you? If anything, the people who disagree with gay marriage are forcing their chosen lifestyles (i.e. religion) upon others.

Are you re-stating this for others? That is exactly my point.

OatsandSteak
08-12-2009, 06:46 PM

I think he got confused.

spol8910
08-12-2009, 06:47 PM

I apologize, I misunderstood you're statement :)

Blindead
08-12-2009, 06:53 PM
It should all be regarded as civil union, marriage should be the religious ceremony. Therefore, religion has nothing to do with the process and no civil rights are stripped in the process.

Except that marriage isn't a religious ceremony. It's a social ceremony. It always has been. Religion just dediced to hijack it along with just about everything else they could get their hands on. Marriage pre-dates recorded history...thus, it pre-dates all the religions of the world right now.

Melkor
08-12-2009, 06:56 PM
To me this whole issue is just another example of the abuse of government power. If the government would stay out of private life this would never have become an issue.

OatsandSteak
08-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Except that marriage isn't a religious ceremony. It's a social ceremony. It always has been. Religion just dediced to hijack it along with just about everything else they could get their hands on. Marriage pre-dates recorded history...thus, it pre-dates all the religions of the world right now.

That's a new one ;). It's considered a religious ceremony now, which either (a)needs to change or (b) the definition of marriage needs to change.

spol8910
08-12-2009, 07:07 PM
That's a new one ;). It's considered a religious ceremony now, which either (a)needs to change or (b) the definition of marriage needs to change.

If it's a religious ceremony then the government should have no say in it.

OatsandSteak
08-12-2009, 07:28 PM

Agreed.

2pacalypto
08-12-2009, 07:35 PM
That article was about as insightful as my anus. All he did was repeat basically the same slippery slope argument most opponents cling to - and not in any eloquent terms. To add to his already stellar reasoning, he claims a Christian "pillar" of American history. lmao

Tool. And you are also for believing he actually made any good points.

Blindead
08-12-2009, 07:39 PM

It's considered a religious ceremony by the ignorant. That doesn't mean it is.

2pacalypto
08-12-2009, 07:52 PM

A new one? Wtf

Evidence exists showing that humans and their earlier derivatives - formed AND legitimized relationships before most religions began, including the one you probably belong to. And they will be here long after your God is buried in history books.

But the crock of **** goes beyond any definitions. Emotional and physical relationships are a natural byproduct of human interaction. Their is NO reason why they should not remain secular by default.

Beeewbs
08-12-2009, 10:04 PM
How could two men, or two women, committing to love, cherish, respect, and live with one another till death do they part lead to the downfall of society. Just look at all the good things marriage produces, happier people, less stress, less disease, more financially stable individuals. I completely fail to see how two people promising to spend their lives together will lead to the downfall of society. If anything, we need more love in this world.

This.

To me this whole issue is just another example of the abuse of government power. If the church would stay out of private life this would never have become an issue.

Fixed. :)

BHawnFitness
08-24-2011, 12:56 PM
This issue resonates with people so strongly because it's so much bigger than gays and marriage. It's about equality. It's the foundation of our constitution and one of the reasons why America is one of the most beautiful countries to live in... freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

With all this killing going on, the world could use a little more love anyway :)

PowerSwede
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM

So if a man and a woman gets married in Vegas by an Elvis copy then that's a religious ceremony? How about in a court house?

It's not a religious ceremony at all, it's a social contract and that's what it's always been. The church might see it as a religious ceremony but since when does the church get a say in what is legal and what isn't?

In Sweden gays get married in church all the time, it works just fine.

TH3SHR3DD3R
08-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Oh, look, Streetbull has a website. Things must not be going well, though; when I click the link, the site is down. Looks like that Exxon stock didn't pan out. Can his son afford to house him in the barracks with him? Find out next time.

MathDaddy
08-24-2011, 01:38 PM
The federal government won't approve gay marriage because of all the lost tax revenue. Right now gay people have to file as singles for the federal tax.

Rdez
08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
The federal government won't approve gay marriage because of all the lost tax revenue. Right now gay people have to file as singles for the federal tax.

If they start filing joint, the AMT will whack them hard, since DINK gay couples generally rake in the dough.

bigkarl
08-24-2011, 04:15 PM
the way we view morals is already ****ed up. Gays are just a scapegoat for Christians to have something to cry about and act like they are supporting some cause.

jyjj
08-24-2011, 05:00 PM
1) Why should the state recognize anyone who is "married" or not in the first place?
2) Why should such individuals receive benefits and breaks over other people?
3) special interest strikes again

Harbinger
08-24-2011, 05:25 PM
I fully support gay marriage especially when both chicks are hot. :-)

teeewoods
08-25-2011, 02:54 AM
Gay marriage is the least of ones worries

Its the collapse in the basic family structure thats the issue. So many single mothers, kids before wedlock, teenage pregnancies, absent fathers e.t.c All responsible for the decline in values, crime, broken homes and everything thing wrong with society

jyjj
08-25-2011, 08:47 AM

Its the collapse in the basic family structure thats the issue. So many single mothers, kids before wedlock, teenage pregnancies, absent fathers e.t.c All responsible for the decline in values, crime, broken homes and everything thing wrong with society
Why do we have kids before wedlock, why do we hvae so much teenage mothers, why are so many families breaking apart?

Because people are being rewarded for doing those exact things; Welfare.

ibimusbtms
11-21-2012, 06:48 AM
has anyone asked the basic question: if gay marriage destroys the traditional marriage; how has it affected your life, personally.
If you live in a state that allows gay marriage, has your marriage, or the marriage of your friends or parents been adversely affected?

mntbikedude
11-21-2012, 07:02 AM
has anyone asked the basic question: if gay marriage destroys the traditional marriage; how has it affected your life, personally.
If you live in a state that allows gay marriage, has your marriage, or the marriage of your friends or parents been adversely affected?

I've been saying that all along, gay marriage will become the law of the land. We need to stop wasting the energy and money to oppose it (not that I was). It's one of those things like segregation that no amount of crying, protesting, distorting the facts, bible preaching none of it will be able to stop it because it's right.

frontofthepack
11-21-2012, 07:08 AM
"Their actions are seen by many, and it will only be a matter of time before the effects trickle down to other issues..."

lol, I like the part where he gives specific examples and factual evidence to back up his bigoted argument of how same sex marriage will lead to the collapse of society..

wjs010
11-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Don't even care what the iq of the aforementioned person is.. You're still retarded if you would like to impose on someone else's life. Would it make you sleep better? Lol and people who are pro gay marriage( like me): we need to stop advertising gay marriage like if its alway "two loving men or two loving womn" it is not up to heterosexuals to decide or predict fidelity in legalizing gay marriage. Seriously who gives a phuck? I don't care if divorce rate is 98%, I'm still for it. Heterosexual fidelity is not any phucking better. Lol at it being the country's downfall. The country's downfall will be socialist pre commies, not gay people. Let them marry you .. Republican twats

GregariousWolf
11-21-2012, 08:48 AM
This nation was founded on Christian principles by Christian men and women. Whether people want to admit it or not, this is a Christian nation, and we have been for over 200 years now. Being a nation of Christian fundamentals, we have the right to ban immoral and unethical behavior, such as homosexuality. We shouldn’t have to give any further explanation other than the fact that this is what we believe in. Calling our beliefs ‘closed minded’ and ‘hateful’ is both irrational and dumb.

Translation: America is a theocracy. Do what we say.

nodnarb481
11-21-2012, 08:56 AM
when is this whole "christian nation" thing gonna stop? People came here to flee religious persecution, the very first amendment grants freedom to do whatever the fukk you want regarding religion, and then the treaty of tripoli declared that we aren't one and never were. Not only that, but they reviewed that treaty, and made that "we aren't a christian nation" even more stern before finalizing it and printing it in every newspaper in the country.

Beating a dead horse is pointless but what do you call it when you're beating the imprint in the grass where a dead horse once was?

meatcigarette
11-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Marriage is getting ruined by irresponsible retards everyday, you can't blame a ****ing thing on homosexuals.

Gay marriage might actually just make people see the injustice on how women have more leverage when it comes to divorce settlements and how frequently that's taken advantage of. Also the fact that a man has no say whether a woman gets an abortion, in any case, even if the man doesn't have expenses to pay for it, and even if he does, the women can still just get it aborted anyway.

NeverStopMoving
11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
If marriage rights for 3% of the population can affect the other 97% enough to destroy society, then something is terribly wrong with the other 97%

Anders0n74
11-21-2012, 05:40 PM

It's all in what you make of it. If you and your family want it to be a social celebration, awesome. If you and you family want it to be a religious ceremony, awesome. No one is stopping you and your family from defining it any way you seem fit. Point being, the government should not be involved in any extent to defining or constraining what such a ceremony should be about, what it means, who can be involved, the rituals performed etc.

Anyone believing that allowing gay marriage will somehow re-define or "lessen" their own marriage needs to step off their high horse and reconsider how they place value and define things in their life. They are missing the entire point of what marriage is supposed to be about! Marriage is about two people and what the two people involved collectively make about the marriage. Marriage is not about two people and everyone else, so therefore who gets married and the gender of the consenting parties does not devalue any specific marriage because it is all in what you and your wife / husband make of it. Stop letting others define the social contracts in your life by disregarding what they say and realize what you actually have.

Edit: I'm not specifically talking to the poster I quoted - I was adding onto what he was saying.

angelora87
11-21-2012, 06:06 PM
how is that article even remotely interesting?

guy is just a bible thumper with nothing original to say

he hasn't proved that homosexuality isn't natural, he claims that it's a Christian nation, he asserts that homosexuality is immoral behaviour, he wants the tyranny of the majority to oppress the minority, and he's arguing the same stupid slippery slope fallacy

gay marriage is between two consenting adults

how is bestiality between two consenting adults? marrying your cousin is legal in most places, marrying your sister/daughter isn't because of the potential for abuse not making it a consenting marriage, same thing applies with bigamy

there's nothing wrong with bigamy itself, but the majority of people who practice it do so by indoctrination and oppression into that lifestyle.

they're not in a position to give consent

The fact of the matter is that it's a secular country, and there's no reasonable secular arguments against gay marriage.

Thinman
11-21-2012, 06:17 PM
I know I've asked this question before, but are there any facts or statistics from states or countries that have legalized gay marriage that show it is affecting traditional marriage and society in general. If there is, I haven't seen any. That may add more support to a ban, if there was evidence that Gay marriage is harmful to society.

wings_unhinged
11-21-2012, 06:40 PM
If marriage rights for 3% of the population can affect the other 97% enough to destroy society, then something is terribly wrong with the other 97%

Well said.

I agree with this. The complete lack of dignity and the willingness to make a commitment is taking its toll. It's all about #YOLO.

Redwood67
11-21-2012, 06:47 PM

This is a Division and a Red Herring, and maybe some sort of inverse Tu Quoque.

It's like when someone says, "Allowing under-performing urban students into this college will destroy our schools academic reputation," and then you reply, "What about your GPA? Has it been negatively effected by allowing them in?"

angelora87
11-21-2012, 06:52 PM
This is a Division and a Red Herring, and maybe some sort of inverse Tu Quoque.

It's like when someone says, "Allowing under-performing urban students into this college will destroy our schools academic reputation," and then you reply, "What about your GPA? Has it been negatively effected by allowing them in?"

No, it's like asking if there's empirical evidence for their position.

It's like asking if other colleges have been negatively affected them allowing them in.

ibimusbtms
11-22-2012, 06:36 AM
No, it's like asking if there's empirical evidence for their position.

It's like asking if other colleges have been negatively affected them allowing them in.
thank you.
well said.
better than I.

mntbikedude
11-22-2012, 07:12 AM

Add to that the fact so many young straight people don't ever want to marry and those that do many are putting off children or aren't planning to ever have a child. I don't give a rats ass that the neighbor's son has married another guy. I'm concerned that so many are getting divorced, 50% of all marriages end.

We need to stop worrying about gays that want to marry (this will only make our country stronger). Let's turn the energy put towards blocking gay marriage into a campaign to encourage more in our country to know the joy of being a family, let's encourage young people (straight and gay) to get married and start a family. And then let's teach more couple's that get married how to stay married.

My ancestors crossed the plains in covered wagons and handcarts, driven from the then boundaries of the United States to the desolate place called Utah. They were driven out of Illinois because of their own unique definition of marriage. When my ancestors camped at night they "circled the wagons". Inside the circle was love, songs, food, and safety. Let's now make our circle of wagons larger and include more of those on the outside in. Can we not make the circle larger and include more families into the circle of acceptance regardless of what they may look like. Be it a mom and dad, two kids and cat or two mom, a kid and 3 parakeets.

badreligion
11-22-2012, 07:15 AM
I think what contributes more to the downfall of society is when prejudice idiots like this get a public forum to spew ignorant rhetoric.

TheSaltyAngus
11-22-2012, 07:24 AM

That is not true because you have legal rights as a result of a marriage as well. The only way you can both be considered the parents/guardians of an adopted child is if you two are married, and this is impossible without gay marriage being allowed. Same with property. There are also tax benefits, alimonys, etc.

the8atman
11-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Gay marriage is just a symptom of a larger problem in America, which is Satanism aka the worship of oneself over God. Many people in this nation follow their own doctrines and lusts, and live solely for the pleasure of the flesh. The way things go though is that people wont repent until God brings judgement. The USA is probably one of the most heathen and Satanic nations on earth. Through Hollywood and the music industry we preach that it's okay to have sex, do drugs, and to be gay. We preach that it's better to be rich and to live life in the moment. Thankfully there are a faction of people who God has touched, but I wouldn't be surprised if God judged this backslidden nation.

mntbikedude
11-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Thankfully there are a faction of people who God has touched, but I wouldn't be surprised if God judged this backslidden nation.

Hey take your bull**** religious crap and shove it up your ass. I grew up in a so called righteous world of the 1960's, a place where it was still ok for christians to tell blacks they had to sit in the back of the bus and they couldn't go to their school. A place filled with hipocracy and when someone got abused then society and religion kept it secret rather than prosecute the guilty for fear that someone would look down on them.

This so called more moral time was a place where all the crap was happening all the immorality only it was happening behind closed doors........ it's funny back in those days gays had sex in restrooms and back alleys, never knowing who they were having sex with. And now they have come to realize that life is so much better when you find someone and in the light you fall in love, and they have come to realize that they want to spend their life with this one person instead of random blowjobs in the park........ and you have the gall to call this a decline in morality..... religion needs to pull their self-righteous heads out of their asses and realize that this is a wonderful increase in morality........ you choose gays having a commited caring relationship or a blow-job in a back alley.

Spartacus777
11-22-2012, 09:11 AM

Irony, anyone?

Lol yes, I was like wtf.

ibimusbtms
11-23-2012, 05:00 AM
Gay marriage is just a symptom of a larger problem in America, which is Satanism aka the worship of oneself over God. Many people in this nation follow their own doctrines and lusts, and live solely for the pleasure of the flesh. The way things go though is that people wont repent until God brings judgement. The USA is probably one of the most heathen and Satanic nations on earth. Through Hollywood and the music industry we preach that it's okay to have sex, do drugs, and to be gay. We preach that it's better to be rich and to live life in the moment. Thankfully there are a faction of people who God has touched, but I wouldn't be surprised if God judged this backslidden nation.

...and that's why there is a New Testament. Love.

bigkarl
11-23-2012, 06:29 AM

if god cares so much why doesn't he just come down here and tell us that we're doing wrong?

wings_unhinged
11-23-2012, 06:32 AM
if god cares so much why doesn't he just come down here and tell us that we're doing wrong?

The Lawd works in mysterious ways?

themadc0w
11-23-2012, 07:05 AM

loled hard at less stress, more happiness and more financial stability. clearly this person hasn't been married or is trolling.

it it's so great why is the rate 50%.

and how the hell did disease get in there? unless you're talking STDs, but people in marriages cheat all the time anyway.

the8atman
11-23-2012, 07:11 AM

We reap what we sow. People who are gay with get their "reward" for their sins, usually in the form of sickness and a short lifespan. God made things this way so that we can know when we're doing wrong and repent.

TH3SHR3DD3R
11-23-2012, 07:13 AM
it it's so great why is the rate 50%.

Because now people marry for love when historically and traditionally people married for considerably different reasons and love was reserved for affairs and friends. As the paradigm of marriage has shifted, we have failed to discuss and communicate openly about that shift. Above all else if we want this design to work we must be rigorously realistic about it.

TH3SHR3DD3R
11-23-2012, 07:15 AM
We reap what we sow. People who are gay with get their "reward" for their sins, usually in the form of sickness and a short lifespan. Gay males typically don't make it past the age of 50. God made things this way so that we can know when we're doing wrong and repent.

The troll is strong with this one. Many lulz were had.

jaimeruiz99
11-23-2012, 07:28 AM
We reap what we sow. People who are gay with get their "reward" for their sins, usually in the form of sickness and a short lifespan. God made things this way so that we can know when we're doing wrong and repent.

Does this explain the high mortality rate during the Middle Ages when the Church was the supreme authority?

RyzinEnagy
11-23-2012, 08:17 AM
If God lets us know when we're straying, then isn't the onus on every individual to do what's right? Why should we legislate against gay marriage (or anything wrong, really) and play the role of God ourselves?

Thinman
11-23-2012, 08:20 AM

How would explain that a lot of good Christians get fatal diseases and have short lifespans, Surely, God wouldn't want to see that.

mntbikedude
11-23-2012, 08:49 AM

Having a percentage of the population gay is part of Gods plan. Pull out all the gays from the world and let's see what you have. Take just the church music program's alone. You pull out all the gays, and let's see who's left ..... let's see how many people you have to lead the music, play the piano, be in the choir. You show me a man that wants to play the organ and there's a real good chance you gotcha a homo.

As a homo we see things differently, we bring a different view to the party a view that blesses your life. So get off your bigoted ass and on your knee's and thank your God that he thought thru this idea of earth life and thought of every detail, including having homo's woven into this most beautiful of Gods creations all humanity.

shanks1992
11-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Politicians and policy makers trying to preoccupy you with pointless bullshyt issues whilst bypassing the real ones.

That's all this chit is. Along with abortion.

People focusing on crap like this whilst millions are out of work, people are dying because of inadequate healthcare, the population is dumbing down because of poor education standards, HIV epidemics in the African American community, thousands of kids starving in the richest country in the world, wars draining the economy and will of the people and so on

meatcigarette
11-23-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't get it, it's not even worth a ****ing second of conversation. The Bible only speaks once (?) about Homosexuality being an abomination? Yet there's multiple goddamn fuking verses against Infidelity and who should be put to death. Just phucking look!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_verses_in_the_bible_advocate_killing_non-believers

50% divorce rate where the hell are all the Christian fundies at to bitch about this?? Oh of course not, they just go on a rampage because a bunch of other Christian fundie phaggots decided to specifically target Homosexuals. Women dead in Scotland because their goddamn hospitals are under Christian rule that won't allow abortion, trying to enforce their beliefs onto others causing deaths! Where are all these rules enforcing peace because Buddhism simply believes in it!? Mindless morons don't deserve any respect, only a hard crack to the face!

Fiyero
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Gay marriage is just a symptom of a larger problem in America, which is Satanism aka the worship of oneself over God. Many people in this nation follow their own doctrines and lusts, and live solely for the pleasure of the flesh. The way things go though is that people wont repent until God brings judgement. The USA is probably one of the most heathen and Satanic nations on earth. Through Hollywood and the music industry we preach that it's okay to have sex, do drugs, and to be gay. We preach that it's better to be rich and to live life in the moment. Thankfully there are a faction of people who God has touched, but I wouldn't be surprised if God judged this backslidden nation.You really don't know what it means to follow Christ do you. (That's rhetorical btw).

Fiyero
11-23-2012, 10:30 AM
We reap what we sow. People who are gay with get their "reward" for their sins, usually in the form of sickness and a short lifespan. God made things this way so that we can know when we're doing wrong and repent.Gays don't have shorter lifespans. Quit following the lies of Paul Cameron. God made gay animals.

Fiyero
11-23-2012, 10:36 AM
I don't get it, it's not even worth a ****ing second of conversation. The Bible only speaks once (?) about Homosexuality being an abomination? Yet there's multiple goddamn fuking verses against Infidelity and who should be put to death. Just phucking look! Actually it never actually mentions homosexuality at all. Sexual Orientation was discovered in 1900 A.D., some 4000 years after the verses you're thinking of were written. Abomination is also a mistranslation. The Hebrew word that comes from does not have the same connotation. But find me an anti-gay conservative who has ever studied the original language or culture of the Bible.

In total, there are 6 verses in the Bible (out of over 37,000) that mention any form of same-sex behavior. They are known as the infamous "clobber" passages. Of those 6, 2 of them are duplicates of 2 others, which leaves 4 distinct verses. Of those 4, 2 are in the direct context of pagan prostitution and worship rituals, 1 is a mistranslation in the 1950s of a made up Greek word, and 1 refers to rape.

That's what the entire anti-gay movement bases their hate off of. Amazing how so much hate and persecution can stem from so little isn't it?