PDA

View Full Version : just quick question about macros.

MAGnitude
08-12-2009, 06:43 AM
here are my macro's for my cut.

2450 cals:

protein: 35%/ carbs 45%/ fat 20%

P: 215grams a day C: 276grams a day F: 54 grams a day

2500 cals:

Protein: 35%/ carbs 45%/ fat 20%

P: 220grams a day C: 282grams a day F: 6 grams a day

Im about 2360 sedentric so im presuming burning 500-800 a day through cardio and weights will do the trick.

just a quick one, my carb content is a little higher than my protein content, although i am getting the recommended 1-1.2g of protein per lb of bodyweight.

my doc told me to lower my protein content which was originally in the 250 -300 ballpark, hence why i have lowered it, and upped the carbs a little.

im just a little worried by upping the carbs that it may halt my bodyfat loss, but aslong as i am burning more cals that i eat, i should be sweet, right?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

hazzard623
08-12-2009, 07:32 AM
here are my macro's for my cut.

2450 cals:

protein: 35%/ carbs 45%/ fat 20%

P: 215grams a day C: 276grams a day F: 54 grams a day

2500 cals:

Protein: 35%/ carbs 45%/ fat 20%

P: 220grams a day C: 282grams a day F: 6 grams a day

Im about 2360 sedentric so im presuming burning 500-800 a day through cardio and weights will do the trick.

just a quick one, my carb content is a little higher than my protein content, although i am getting the recommended 1-1.2g of protein per lb of bodyweight.

my doc told me to lower my protein content which was originally in the 250 -300 ballpark, hence why i have lowered it, and upped the carbs a little.

im just a little worried by upping the carbs that it may halt my bodyfat loss, but aslong as i am burning more cals that i eat, i should be sweet, right?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

I didn't know your doc was a bodybuilder :O

MAGnitude
08-12-2009, 07:34 AM
I didn't know your doc was a bodybuilder :O

lol

mcFreid
08-12-2009, 07:49 AM
250-300 calories of protein is excessive. Research has shown that even active bodies rarely need more than 0.8g per lb of body weight (though to be safe lots of people will eat 1-1.5g per lb of body weight).

There is nothing wrong with eating more carbs (you may even notice yourself having some extra energy allowing your workouts and cardio to have a higher intensity - which you should take advantage of). Like you said as long as your under your daily caloric expenditure (which in truth may decrease when you switch from eating protein to carbs for a variety of scientific reasons that are still being researched and studied, but that decrease should be minimal ) than you will lose weight.

MAGnitude
08-12-2009, 07:56 AM
250-300 calories of protein is excessive. Research has shown that even active bodies rarely need more than 0.8g per lb of body weight (though to be safe lots of people will eat 1-1.5g per lb of body weight).

There is nothing wrong with eating more carbs (you may even notice yourself having some extra energy allowing your workouts and cardio to have a higher intensity - which you should take advantage of). Like you said as long as your under your daily caloric expenditure (which in truth may decrease when you switch from eating protein to carbs for a variety of scientific reasons that are still being researched and studied, but that decrease should be minimal ) than you will lose weight.

cheers