PDA

View Full Version : Week #2, I gained weight...

Derk4397
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I just weighed in at the end of week #2 of my cut and I've gained over 2lbs, putting me at 200lbs. This is odd because I have been at a calorie deficit the whole week. I count all my calories and everything.

However, I took knew measurements too, for the Home Body Fat Test since I don't have calipers, and my waist measurement has gone down from a 38 to a 35. It now says I'm down to 18% BF and I started at 20.5%.

Maybe I just packed on some muscle? My bench has increased by 10lbs since I started 2 weeks ago.

Jaydog523
08-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Drink more water

FITNESSKY
08-10-2009, 11:02 AM
i just weighed in at the end of week #2 of my cut and i've gained over 2lbs, putting me at 200lbs. This is odd because i have been at a calorie deficit the whole week. I count all my calories and everything.

However, i took knew measurements too, for the home body fat test since i don't have calipers, and my waist measurement has gone down 2 sizes. It now says i'm down to 18% bf and i started at 20.5%.

Maybe i just packed on some muscle? My bench has increased by 10lbs since i started 2 weeks ago.

same thing happen to me, i think its muscle since my bi/tri's and chest has gotten bigger

Benny_Lava
08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
you haven't put on a significant amount of muscle in two weeks if you were in a calorie deficit, and i don't see how gaining weight you can lose two sizes on your waist in two weeks :D

i think you need to try to be a little more accurate.

a) don't worry about weight fluctuation, just keep doing what you're doing.

b) weigh yourself at the same time every week, and not within two days of a big cheat meal. preferably first thing in the morning after you're all pee'd out, and naked.

my weight sat at 214 for about three weeks, but I think it was more than anything because my weigh-in day was always tuesday in the morning. i ALWAYS have my cheat meal either sunday, or monday night. the water retention from increased sodium intake was boosting my weight. so i moved my weigh-in day to thursday morning when I figured this out, and that's why I suddenly had a drop of 4 lbs. when realistically it was probably about 1.5lbs. per week. there are little tricks you need to get used to on your cuts.

Derk4397
08-10-2009, 11:09 AM
I meant from a 38 to a 35. That's probably not 2 sizes...my bad.

Oh, I did have a cheat meal Saturday night. Maybe that had something to do with it?

hodag1
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I meant from a 38 to a 35. That's probably not 2 sizes...my bad.

Oh, I did have a cheat meal Saturday night. Maybe that had something to do with it?

You have lost three inches off your waist and you are worried? Be thankful and press on.

Depending on how much sodium was in your cheat meal, you can retain a lot of water. My wife grilled some brats over 4th of July that caused me to gain two pounds of water just from the sodium bump. It was there a day or so and then I dropped it immediately.

M5eludim
08-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I just weighed in at the end of week #2 of my cut and I've gained over 2lbs, putting me at 200lbs. This is odd because I have been at a calorie deficit the whole week. I count all my calories and everything.

However, I took knew measurements too, for the Home Body Fat Test since I don't have calipers, and my waist measurement has gone down from a 38 to a 35. It now says I'm down to 18% BF and I started at 20.5%.

Maybe I just packed on some muscle? My bench has increased by 10lbs since I started 2 weeks ago. Yep - you put on some muscle - and that's a good thing! Weight doesn't matter - it's your total percent bodyfat that you need to watch!! :)

Derk4397
08-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks guys!

I just did bench again today and added another 10lbs to my 1RM. Also added 20lbs to my DL 2RM.