PDA

View Full Version : Cutting up

guinnyss
08-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Right now i wanna be cut... so hear is all the information i collected and just need clarification (1a,2a) if i have something wrong.

1. I do morning cardio for 30 minutes level 10 StairMaster.
1a. to prevent muscle lost, i should take glutamine or whey protein before cardio with water? im current using ON protein so it's whey+glutamine.

2. Afternoons i do 45 mintues weight lifting and 15-20 minutes StairMaster.
2a. since im cutting and on low carbohydrate, high protein diet, right after weight lifting i should drink ON+dextrose (15g) in water? then drink the rest after my 15-20 cardio? the idea behind this my ketosis will NOT be effected.

side note, im 5*11 188

Shubbard1821
08-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Right now i wanna be cut... so hear is all the information i collected and just need clarification (1a,2a) if i have something wrong.

1a. to prevent muscle lost, i should take glutamine or whey protein before cardio with water? im current using ON protein so it's whey+glutamine.

2a. since im cutting and on low carbohydrate, high protein diet, right after weight lifting i should drink ON+dextrose (15g) in water? then drink the rest after my 15-20 cardio? the idea behind this my ketosis will NOT be effected.

side note, im 5*11 188

that plus calorie in/out in check and your good. make sure to get in a lot of fat. at least 1000 calories worth.

signature166
08-07-2009, 08:09 PM

Glutamine isn't needed. Is it already mixed in with your protein? How long after cardio do you eat breakfast?

side note, im 5*11 188

The dextrose is also not needed. You can have any carb source you want, but if you already paid for the dex and its covenient, then its your choice. I prefer to eat whole foods.

Is there a particular reason why you chose low carbs and high protein?

guinnyss
08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Glutamine isn't needed. Is it already mixed in with your protein? How long after cardio do you eat breakfast? 1 hour after.

The dextrose is also not needed. You can have any carb source you want, but if you already paid for the dex and its covenient, then its your choice. I prefer to eat whole foods.

Is there a particular reason why you chose low carbs and high protein? thought dextrose was needed since im low carb and that carb get burn during weight lifting.

no reason why i choose low carb high protein, guess i just like the idea since i have to eat protein with every meal and low carb is good for cutting.

that plus calorie in/out in check and your good. make sure to get in a lot of fat. at least 1000 calories worth. dang. seriously? i take flaxseed twice a day.

alexl53
08-07-2009, 08:59 PM
i think he means 1000g per week lol. when on keto, fat intake is gonna be higher (but not 1000g/day high) because carbs are real low. protein should be about 50% your cals, the rest fat i believe. protein might be higher, but i think thats right

eXeCuTe
08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
i think he means 1000g per week lol. when on keto, fat intake is gonna be higher (but not 1000g/day high) because carbs are real low. protein should be about 50% your cals, the rest fat i believe. protein might be higher, but i think thats right

1000g of fat is 9000 calories, 1000 calories of fat is 1000 calories.

ballinfrogs
08-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I wouldnt take in that much fat...but hey, do ure own thing

guinnyss
08-08-2009, 08:06 AM
I wouldnt take in that much fat...but hey, do ure own thing

Started at 165 12% BF...
Got to 183 w/ 14 % BF...
Cut to 166 w/6 % BF...

How did you go from 183 w/ 14 % BF -----> Cut to 166 w/6 % BF? that's very interesting considering we the same height. right now im 188 want to cut to 175.