PDA

View Full Version : When to use Keto

rooking
08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I think that I will probably be cutting in a couple months or so and I would like to know more about keto. I know there's a portion of the forum about it and blah blah blah but I just wanted to know when is it best to use keto? and when is it best to just eat below maintenance? What adv/disadvantages do they both have and which one is right for me?

rooking
08-07-2009, 02:26 PM
any advice?

papasmurf2217
08-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Keto is a lifestyle, not an amazing fat burning diet.

If you find that your body performs better on trace carbohydrates and/or you can control cravings better then keto is for you.

rooking
08-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Keto is a lifestyle, not an amazing fat burning diet.

If you find that your body performs better on trace carbohydrates and/or you can control cravings better then keto is for you.

Ah, I though keto was geared towards shifting your bodies energy source from carbs to protein making is so you lose less muscle when cutting? So you're saying it's just a preference no advantage then?

papasmurf2217
08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Ah, I though keto was geared towards shifting your bodies energy source from carbs to protein making is so you lose less muscle when cutting?

You have much reading to do. Ketosis is the body shifting from using carbohydrates to fats as an energy source.

So you're saying it's just a preference no advantage then?

Yes. The first week or two of a keto oriented diet usually causes the body to drop at least 5 pounds on the scale. Those 5 pounds are mostly water, but it gives people "hope" and motivation to keep using this godsend of a diet because they think they lost a lot of fat.

rooking
08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I understand that with keto you lose short term fat, but which one in the long term has faster/more efficient fat loss?

papasmurf2217
08-07-2009, 02:44 PM
I understand that with keto you lose short term fat, but which one in the long term has faster/more efficient fat loss?

You do not lose short term fat. You lose short term water weight until you reintroduce carbohydrates into your diet again. Neither has faster/more efficient fat loss.

eddiebo
08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
When you kill your ex-wife and need an alibi...

Oh, thought you meant Kato, as in Kato Kaelin.