PDA

View Full Version : Help with my diet plan? I can't find enough variety, should I duplicate meals or wha

Losefatordie
08-07-2009, 06:46 AM
This is something that worked before for me, but I gave up and gained a ton of weight back. I think I've got it mostly down but don't know what to put in all 6 meal spots without over doing it on carbs (I need to keep steady carbs thru the day but also my weight is sensitive to carbs)

I was going to do this, and I need to lose 100 lbs of fat total by about next Spring...

400 calories
workout
600 calories
400 calories
600 calories
400 calories
400 calories

1) 2 whole boiled eggs, 2 pieces of dry toast, and then a banana just before my workout to prevent low blood sugar (problems with that)... this is about 400 calories

2) 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast and 320 calories worth of brown rice (2 servings)...this equals about 570 calories, I will add a few olives or something

3) Can of regular Tuna sandwich and a little lowfat cottage cheese (400 cals)

4) 600 calorie meal, I know some greens in there but otherwise no clue what to eat

5) 400 calorie meal, no clue

6) 420 calories worth of natural PB

So what do I put in that would give me a little carbs to keep me from feeling too weak but not too much, I don't know what else to eat unless I duplicate meal 3 over and over?

Amandarose531
08-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Insert meat, whole grain, fruit, vegetable.

I wrap just about any meat on the planet in a tortilla -80 calories 3g carb, with a handful of spinach and sprinkle it with free italian dressing - easy meal. - sometimes if i'm feeling extra hungry i'll exchange the tortilla and use a piece of lettuce and have lettuce wraps so I can have more :)

You can't find enough variety friend because you are thinking too narrow.

I really encourage it because I've learned a lot as far as cooking etc. goes just from cooking from diabetic cook books, there is always a delicious, acceptable meal - stop by the library and check one out, even weight watchers has quite a few good meal/salad ideas.

Vietgoboi
08-07-2009, 07:12 AM
1. What your current stats (height/weight)?

Calorie in vs calorie out! Carbs don't make a person fat, but to much calories in the day will.
* Carbs/sugar from sweets usually make craze for more, its a mental thing, but with self-control you'll lose weight.
* Moderation is ket to fitness.

Weight loss is long term journey and if you accidently eat in surplus one day, continue normally next day on your diet.

Same meals are fine, but may lead to crash diet due to boredom, for me anyways.
* Learn to cook something tasty, you have the internet at your finger tips.
* Meals Eating Now #7! (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117067911) from nutrition section, request for recipe that you like.

Meal frequency doesn't increase your metabolism, but aids in hunger & good set-up for new individuals.

Other thread you should consider reading through...

Wave_Length beginner guide to losing weight (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=312607141&postcount=1305)

Emma the mod explain carbs (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=291375381&highlight=casein#post291375381) -> great stuff