PDA

View Full Version : Bulking w/ Gallon of Milk/Day

oxs22
08-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Been doing this successfully with 1% milk for about 3 weeks, with an otherwise extremely clean diet. I take in about 3500 cals a day, and I have put on weight and look leaner in the mirror as well.

Just curious if anyone else has tried this, what their results were, etc, as I plan on continuing this through an 8-10 wk cycle of Bold and the PCT to follow.

Macros for the gallon are:
40g fat (16 saturated)
196 g carbs (lactose)
128 g protein

ptflyforatallguy
08-06-2009, 06:43 PM
yeah last bulk i consumed anywhere from 1-2 gals. a day depending on carb and protein needs.
just sucks with constipation.

oxs22
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
yeah last bulk i consumed anywhere from 1-2 gals. a day depending on carb and protein needs.
just sucks with constipation.

Haven't had a problem with constipation so far. How long did you bulk for, what were your gains like?

determined4000
08-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I can think of a lot more creative, tasty ways to get 16-1700 calories
But if you like milk, go ahead (watch the farts)

JZ11790
08-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I love milk and drink around a gallon a day. Seeing good results so far.

UCFBuilder
08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
wow thats alot of milk....if its working for u..great man.....any particular reason u drink soo much milk tho?? do u really like it that much?? or do u feel that its just a very good source of all your macros??

dimasso69
08-06-2009, 07:57 PM
If your poop starts to become liquidy..stop with all the milk lol(srs) it did that to me so now im down from 10glasses a day to 4. I do love milk though!

ptflyforatallguy
08-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Haven't had a problem with constipation so far. How long did you bulk for, what were your gains like?

4 months and rebounded from (dry) 212 to (slightly hydrated) 251.

oxs22
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM
wow thats alot of milk....if its working for u..great man.....any particular reason u drink soo much milk tho?? do u really like it that much?? or do u feel that its just a very good source of all your macros??

i first heard of rippetoe having his athletes train with a gallon of whole milk a day with amazing results. from a bodybuilding standpoint, i though the lower fat option would be better, so i went with 1%. it doesnt taste like anything, goes down like water. obviously there are better sources of carbs than the lactose in milk, but there are far worse options too. as an ecto, i dont have to worry quite as much.

nathangreen
08-06-2009, 09:23 PM
is that much calcium(1gallon) hard on a persons kidneys? I heard to much can lead to kidney stones, but i dont know how much.

trevatandy
08-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I love milk however I run through it like crazy and have no job so I do not buy it.

Alyion
08-06-2009, 09:49 PM
no one here has heard of GOMAD?

yeah its a pretty old school way of really bulking up - Personally i'd prefer to just eat a load of good food but its a great way to gain mass

localstommy
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Okay, sorry. Slap me for this. What does milk do? I drink alot of milk what does it do. Is it because it has alot of calories, calcium? Can someone explain to me please, thank you.

Mentzer666
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Okay, sorry. Slap me for this. What does milk do? I drink alot of milk what does it do. Is it because it has alot of calories, calcium? Can someone explain to me please, thank you.

high in calories, protein, carbs and fat. its a complete food!

Alyion
08-07-2009, 01:04 AM

yeah its basically natures mass gainer

oxs22
08-07-2009, 05:46 AM
yeah its basically natures mass gainer

Pretty much. Its an easy way to get down another 1600 calories, high in protein, carbs, and depending on what kind you buy, high in fat.

Alyion, I hadn't heard of "GOMAD" but it seems to be exactly what I'm doing, and working.

mobikwa
08-07-2009, 06:10 AM
Ive been doing it for about a month, maybe a little less. Started with skim, went to 1%, then 2% and now am drinking a gallon of whole milk. When I started I would constantly be farting, started taking lactase and it slowly subsided. Now that my body is used to that much milk I have no problem with it. I love the looks you get when your at the store and you load up 7 gallons of whole milk in your cart. Ive had some lady ask me if I was seeing Kate Goesslin (sp?) because of all the milk.

oxs22
08-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Ive been doing it for about a month, maybe a little less. Started with skim, went to 1%, then 2% and now am drinking a gallon of whole milk. When I started I would constantly be farting, started taking lactase and it slowly subsided. Now that my body is used to that much milk I have no problem with it. I love the looks you get when your at the store and you load up 7 gallons of whole milk in your cart. Ive had some lady ask me if I was seeing Kate Goesslin (sp?) because of all the milk.

Lmao. How is it working for you? I'm thinking about upping to 2% for the extra cals from fat.

mobikwa
08-07-2009, 06:32 AM
Lmao. How is it working for you? I'm thinking about upping to 2% for the extra cals from fat.

Im gaining weight, calipers say Im staying at a constant bf%, veins are just as visible as they were before so I dont think Im gaining much fat.
My diet was low in fat before so I figured this was an easy way to get that fat in. And its tasty, my shakes have never tasted so good.

Jimmy_Hollywood
08-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I would do this if I could afford it, ha

oxs22
08-07-2009, 10:07 AM

I pay $1.88 for a gallon of milk at one of those price clubs, which is less than if I bought weight gainer supplements anyway.

adoniscomplex
08-07-2009, 10:29 AM

milk is like 3 bucks a gallon and that would be half your food for the day
its prolly the cheapest way to get 2k cals

any one do GOMAD with out getting too fat ?

Alyion
08-07-2009, 10:52 AM
milk is like 3 bucks a gallon and that would be half your food for the day
its prolly the cheapest way to get 2k cals

any one do GOMAD with out getting too fat ?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=923892

This dude drank a gallon a day and bulked up pretty damn well

I Wouldn't worry too much about fat though in the end of the day, its not as if it's permanent or anything, although it's obviously better suited for a total beginner on a mass compound routine like SS

blurped
08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Borden makes a 2% high-protein plus milk. If I remember correctly it is 10 grams protein/cup.