PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Jackson/Chiefs reach agreement

bigcc
08-06-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Breaking-Chiefs-Jackson-reach-agreement.html
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=147358

Should speed up the rest of the signings (good news since I'm a seahawks fan)

Also, the agent is also Crabtree's agent, so I'm curious as to the implications there

bmy-
08-06-2009, 05:38 PM
still can't believe the chiefs drafted a 3-4 DE 3rd overall

DL is the most important piece of a 3-4 defense.. ?

bmy-
08-06-2009, 05:48 PM
NT is, not DE in a 3-4, name me five star 3-4 DEs in the league.

OLB is more important in a 3-4 defense than a DE.

No.. I said the "defensive line" of a 3-4 is the backbone. Without studs across the line you'll be weak against the run.. and when you're weak against the run you'll be weak against the pass.

EDIT: Why would you want FIVE star defensive ends in a 3-4 scheme? Name me 5 star cornerbacks that play in the NFL :rolleyes: Maybe i'm giving to much emphasis to the word "star".. you probably just mean the best 5.

How about Richard Seymour, Aaron Smith, Luis Castillo (when he's healthy).

thegenerel
08-06-2009, 05:52 PM
DL is the most important piece of a 3-4 defense.. ?

hmm, that is a toughie being a steelers fan. i want to say the LBs are but they have had a solid DL with Hampton and Smith for a long time...

McRocks
08-06-2009, 05:54 PM
In a 34 without a good dline the LBs wouldn't be able to do anything.

bmy-
08-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Exactly.

thegenerel
08-06-2009, 06:17 PM

but i think you need a line on both sides of the ball no matter your style

bmy-
08-06-2009, 06:22 PM
but i think you need a line on both sides of the ball no matter your style

That's true. But stud defensive ends in a 4-3 aren't nearly as important as they are in a 3-4 for example.

thegenerel
08-06-2009, 06:35 PM
That's true. But stud defensive ends in a 4-3 aren't nearly as important as they are in a 3-4 for example.

well they have less responsibilities that is for sure

but again, the 4-3 team i watch the most have had a ton of good DEs. PSU has had a bunch of good 4-3 ends but none became great pros - courtney brown, michael haynes, maybin, maurice evans, josh gaines...well the last three could become something. maybin is known, evans had 12 sacks as a soph, and gaines was a long time starter.

bigcc
08-06-2009, 06:58 PM
No.. I said the "defensive line" of a 3-4 is the backbone. Without studs across the line you'll be weak against the run.. and when you're weak against the run you'll be weak against the pass.

EDIT: Why would you want FIVE star defensive ends in a 3-4 scheme? Name me 5 star cornerbacks that play in the NFL :rolleyes: Maybe i'm giving to much emphasis to the word "star".. you probably just mean the best 5.

How about Richard Seymour, Aaron Smith, Luis Castillo (when he's healthy).

notice how he couldn't name 5 lol

thegenerel
08-06-2009, 08:06 PM
notice how he couldn't name 5 lol

that doesnt mean there arent 5 good 3-4 DEs

Aaron Smith, Seymour, Ty Warren, Luis Castillo, Darnell Dockett