PDA

View Full Version : Will it matter?

Pympton
08-05-2009, 09:28 PM
I've been on my current diet/ workout regiment for about a month now. I was originally 200 lbs, and at today's weigh in i was 195. 4 pounds in 4 weeks seems a bit low.

I currently take protein shakes when I first wake up, and right before bed. I also take BSN NO explode before the gym. I know taking these helps build muscle which will keep my weight from going down. Unfortunately I don't want to sacrifice strength for weight loss, but I'm starting to get discouraged.

My question is, if I were to stop taking the supplements do you think I'd see a steady decrease in weight loss?

As of right now I work out about 5-6 days a week with 30 minutes of cardio after each session.

I eat about 2000 calories a day with a main focus of trying to eat mostly protein with each meal.

Any thoughts would be great.

signature166
08-05-2009, 09:31 PM
I've been on my current diet/ workout regiment for about a month now. I was originally 200 lbs, and at today's weigh in i was 195. 4 pounds in 4 weeks seems a bit low.

I currently take protein shakes when I first wake up, and right before bed. I also take BSN NO explode before the gym. I know taking these helps build muscle which will keep my weight from going down. Unfortunately I don't want to sacrifice strength for weight loss, but I'm starting to get discouraged.

My question is, if I were to stop taking the supplements do you think I'd see a steady decrease in weight loss?

As of right now I work out about 5-6 days a week with 30 minutes of cardio after each session.

I eat about 2000 calories a day with a main focus of trying to eat mostly protein with each meal.

From the information you provided it sounds like both your training and your diet are not conducive to fat loss.

mikelog
08-05-2009, 10:12 PM

Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
No icon

I would say the BSN supp would be okay. The creatine may make you retain some water weight though. Maybe you are off on your calorie count.

signature166
08-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I would say the BSN supp would be okay. The creatine may make you retain some water weight though. Maybe you are off on your calorie count.

Or maybe its much more complicated than that.