PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna act like Michael Phelps isn't riodin'?

niospecv
08-01-2009, 02:35 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0801/oly_a_phelps1_sw_400.jpg

Breaks another world record.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/swimming/news/story?id=4371012

MISTERDUDE
08-01-2009, 02:38 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? How could an Olympic-caliber athlete who plays a sport relying on upper body strength and overall conditioning have muscles like that?!??!

What's next, an NFL football player who can bench 225 for reps?

Steve J0bs
08-01-2009, 02:39 PM
I think this is the video

wr9W00cM1i8

KingCanuck
08-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Holy ****, he looks a lot bigger in that photo than I remember him looking at the Olympics.

NewYorkGiants
08-01-2009, 03:03 PM
No he's not roiding, it's well known he is half fish. Think about it, you ever seen his legs?

http://babyblogblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/ariel-fish-friends.jpg

feardafronfz3
08-01-2009, 03:54 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0801/oly_a_phelps1_sw_400.jpg

Breaks another world record.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/swimming/news/story?id=4371012

http://lh5.ggpht.com/fisherwy/SKr97FRqpjI/AAAAAAAAPnU/Co7Okqm8HIM/michael%20phelps%20with%20eight%20beijing%20olympi cs%20swimming%20gold%20medals%5B3%5D.jpg
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Olympics+Day+2+Swimming+0s_kUef4WZBl.jpg

hmmmm

batman15
08-01-2009, 04:08 PM
You mean "roiding"? Learn how to spell, dumb Texan.

And there's no way the most decorated Olympian ever is "rioding". Do you have any idea how many drug tests he's had to take? The IOC isn't like the MLB, they actually test for steroids, and often. Especially the star athletes. i.e. Phelps, Bolt, etc etc.

TriangleX
08-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Must be steroids, nobody ever put on muscle in a year.

Pro_Shark
08-01-2009, 04:47 PM
He's definitely bigger. But like someone else said, this isn't the mlb where the whole roid thing is a mess. If he is taking something, they would know.

v1sion
08-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm guessing people are missing the sarcasm in op

css4lyfe
08-01-2009, 05:00 PM
pretty stupid how every single major event in swimming theres at least 2-3 new world records. i mean **** how long did the sprinting world record bolt broke in the olympics last before he got it?

mtomjr14
08-01-2009, 05:14 PM

lulz

Haterade~
08-01-2009, 05:26 PM
thats not roids brah... thats something much much more powerful...... cell tech...

_Translucency
08-01-2009, 05:38 PM
pretty stupid how every single major event in swimming theres at least 2-3 new world records. i mean **** how long did the sprinting world record bolt broke in the olympics last before he got it?

There is a reason why they are banning these new suits that the swimmers started to wear - they are breaking records left and right.

KingCanuck
08-01-2009, 05:39 PM
There is a reason why they are banning these new suits that the swimmers started to wear - they are breaking records left and right.

What exactly do the suits do?

George Costanza
08-01-2009, 05:43 PM

Well the controversy is that Phelps can't wear the NEWEST one (though he's still breaking records). Basically they make the swimmer more bouyant, keeping them closer to the top of the water. Normally when you get tired you start to swim lower in the water and therefore lose speed. By swimming higher in the water, they are able to swim faster for longer.

Onita
08-01-2009, 05:46 PM

More buoyancy and less drag in the water.

batman15
08-01-2009, 05:46 PM

Answer this, would you run a race in jeans and a parka? No
Believe it or not, body hair and skin aren't as aerodynamic as these suits. That's why they're being banned. The dude who beat phelps the other day said that he wouldn't have won without the suit.

Trapezius82
08-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Phelps definitely put muscle on but he has access to some of the top trainers in the world and his Diet is perfect when he's training not partying. Looks like 7-8 lbs of lean muscle and he's had 4-6 months to put it on, besides the fact they test all yr long for performance enhancers.

AFOX
08-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Whats amazing about what he is doing at the World Championships right now, is that he has only been back in the water for 6 months. And the fact that the suits that his competitors are using are faster than the Speedo suit he is using.

SpiderSense
08-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Holy ****, he looks a lot bigger in that photo than I remember him looking at the Olympics.

Pretty sure it's a chop.

But if not:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

MA5Bergey
08-02-2009, 12:40 AM
It's not hard to gain weight when you're eating enough for a family of five.

css4lyfe
08-02-2009, 02:19 AM
It's not hard to gain weight when you're eating enough for a family of five.

yeah but its hard to eat as much as a family of 5 and have so much lean muscle.

why so ez?
08-02-2009, 02:38 AM

i heard the suits skin was designed by studying shark skin. apparently the biggest advantage though comes from how much the suits compress a person's body. some swimmers say it takes up to thirty minutes to put the suit on because of how tightly it fits. less surface area = less drag underwater.

Culking
08-02-2009, 06:57 AM
I tried on one of those suits at my sisters college swim meet holy **** I could not get arm piece around my wrist for ****. I do not know how they do it.

Ace50
08-02-2009, 07:16 AM
He has access to the best facilities, equipment, nutritionists, trainers, and coaches in the world. In addition to his perfect swimming genetics. It isn't surprising that an elite athlete like Phelps can add lean muscle to his frame while improving his swim speed. He trains hours and hours a day, probably weight training as well, consumes over 6k calories. He is still young too, so he might still be growing.

IllumX
08-02-2009, 08:52 AM
yeah but its hard to eat as much as a family of 5 and have so much lean muscle.

not when he is burning so many carlories swimming

niospecv
08-02-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm guessing people are missing the sarcasm in op

Finally somebody got it.

niospecv
08-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Pretty sure it's a chop.

Nope. Image is from espn.com

batman15
08-02-2009, 12:52 PM
hey mikey, thanks for the neg and the comment-"Hey phaggot...guess you can't read cause you missed the apostrophe after the letter "n" moron."

funny thing is, thats not even what I was talking about.
Thread Title- "Are we gonna act like Michael Phelps isn't riodin'?"

since when did the "i" come before the "o" in "roid"?

once again, you're just another dumb texan.....AND you're a lil guy.

sohard88
08-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Answer this, would you run a race in jeans and a parka? No
Believe it or not, body hair and skin aren't as aerodynamic as these suits. That's why they're being banned. The dude who beat phelps the other day said that he wouldn't have won without the suit.

Phelps didn't wear a suit in that race?

batman15
08-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Phelps didn't wear a suit in that race?

I'm pretty sure that he didn't wear a full one in the race he lost to that dude...I think it was just the bottoms or speedo's...not sure. But I'm almost positive he didn't wear a full suit like the guy that beat him did.

TMaG82
08-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Well the controversy is that Phelps can't wear the NEWEST one (though he's still breaking records). Basically they make the swimmer more bouyant, keeping them closer to the top of the water. Normally when you get tired you start to swim lower in the water and therefore lose speed. By swimming higher in the water, they are able to swim faster for longer.

He can wear them but he chooses not to. He's sponsored by Speedo and they even gave him the green light to wear another suit but he chooses not to since he's been sponsored by them since he was a teenager and he wants to stay in their suit due to loyalty.

batman15
08-02-2009, 02:02 PM
He can wear them but he chooses not to. He's sponsored by Speedo and they even gave him the green light to wear another suit but he chooses not to since he's been sponsored by them since he was a teenager and he wants to stay in their suit due to loyalty.

that AND why would he need a suit? he can swim better and faster than a shark can lol

Robbyrh10
08-02-2009, 02:03 PM

Not only that, but he is only like 22 right? Hes at a great age to naturally put on muscle with hard training and diet.

batman15
08-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Not only that, but he is only like 22 right? Hes at a great age to naturally put on muscle with hard training and diet.

reps for PM of nudes of pic in your avi brah...just sayin

2MuchDuctTape
08-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Phelps is also kind of an oddity. I think every (or nearly every) joint in is body is double jointed. His arms are also a bit longer longer than most people's at his height as well. Some of his double jointed-ness helps him in the pool, and with longer arms to catch more water that's another advantage as well.

batman15
08-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Phelps is also kind of an oddity. I think every (or nearly every) joint in is body is double jointed. His arms are also a bit longer longer than most people's at his height as well. Some of his double jointed-ness helps him in the pool, and with longer arms to catch more water that's another advantage as well.

Then he shouldn't be able to compete, neither should Usain Bolt...they have long limbs and it makes the competition unfair.

BrawnySwoleman
08-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Then he shouldn't be able to compete, neither should Usain Bolt...they have long limbs and it makes the competition unfair.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s273/nick6826/emmawatson2_narrowweb__300x3790copy.jpg

mingo3403
08-02-2009, 02:57 PM
muscle-tech is his new sponsor....