PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition for a truck driver

blues_dad
08-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Ok, I have a tricky situation. I am a truck driver, and I don't have a fridge to keep anything refrigerated. About all I can do is microwave foods. I am trying to drop about 40 pounds of fat, what are some good recommendations for foods that don't need to be refrigerated that will help me lose weight while I work out?

LetsGoRedSox
08-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Ok, I have a tricky situation. I am a truck driver, and I don't have a fridge to keep anything refrigerated. About all I can do is microwave foods. I am trying to drop about 40 pounds of fat, what are some good recommendations for foods that don't need to be refrigerated that will help me lose weight while I work out?

thats definitely tough but your best bet would be to stock up on nuts, whole grain breads, high fiber cereals, oatmeals.

assuming u may be stopping at rest stops where fast food is, heres a good guide to avoid poor choices: http://eatthis.menshealth.com/restaurantsList.php

PopeGregorius
08-01-2009, 03:04 PM
THink about nuts, fruit, sandwiches, jerky, string cheese, water.

Dr. Horse
08-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Losing weight is not about eating the right foods, it's about eating less.

determined4000
08-01-2009, 03:13 PM
fruit, nuts, canned tuna, whole grain wraps/pita/bread, kashi cereal (crunch is good dry), trailmix, whey,canned beans, canned veggies

knawlejj
08-01-2009, 04:07 PM
THink about nuts, fruit, sandwiches, jerky, string cheese, water.

Agree with this, especially the jerky...though it's expensive if you don't make it yourself.

Roodz
08-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Just cut out 99% of the junk eat a couple of hundred below main and its pretty easy.
Also with the nuts there a great snack but just keep to a handful a day as there calorie dense. good luck

FunkymonkAW
08-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Make protein/meal replacement bars at home the day(s) before? Depending on your choice of ingredients, they will not need to be kept cold.

Losing weight is not about eating the right foods, it's about eating less.

True, but it sure as hell is a lot easier to survive on 3-4 whole food meals than a box of twinkies for the day when limiting calories.

dimasso69
08-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Make protein/meal replacement bars at home the day(s) before? Depending on your choice of ingredients, they will not need to be kept cold.

True, but it sure as hell is a lot easier to survive on 3-4 whole food meals than a box of twinkies for the day when limiting calories.

How about one twinkie and 3 whole food meals with fruits veges and some good ole fats and sufficent amount of protein in der
Moderation and limiting one's self is key.