PDA

View Full Version : My Master (Cutting) Plan!

newuser888
08-01-2009, 01:25 AM
I have been lifting weights for a little over two years now and have been bulking for a little over a year. I have a good amount of muscle under a layer of fat (I was very fat as a kid and have never fully been able to get rid of the fat).

I put this cutting plan together after reading an obscene amount of posts on this forum. I think I must have read every thread on this forum related to cutting and diets. I am lookig for any feedback, positive or negative. Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated!

My Stats

Height: 175cm
Weight: 80Kg
Body Fat: 22%

Fitness Plan (Gym)

I am planning to increase the intesity of my workouts considerably. Each session in the gym will last between 45 minutes to 1 hour. My routine will be based on a three day split with one day of rest:

Day 1: Chest and back
Day 2: Legs and triceps
Day 3: Shoulders and biceps
Day 4: Rest

Abs will be taken care of in an 8-week cycled program I doing.

Fitness Plan (Cardio)

Cardio will be done daily, except on lower body gym days. Cardio will consist of either outdoor rollerblading or indoor treadmill work (if raining out) and will last about 30 - 45 minutes at 65% max hear rate (142 heartbeats per minute).

Diet

Living in China, it is very difficult to find some specialy health foods (flax seed oil etc...), so I have done the best I can:

Wake up (6:30am): Animal cuts

Breakfast (7:00am): 2 small eggs (scrambled) and .5 cup oatmeal

Snack (between 10:30 & 11:00am): Can of tuna, protein Shake, and apple, L-glutamine

Snack (11:30): Animal cuts (2)

Workout (1pm)

Lunch (2:00pm): 4oz chicken breast, turkey breast or salmon, protein shake, 2 tablespoons natural Peanut butter, L-glutamine

Snack (4:00-4:30): cottage cheese, apple

Dinner (6:30): fish, chicken or beef with some sort of vegetables, olive oil

Cardio (9:00): 30-45min rollerblading or jogging (if raining out)

Snack (10:00): yougurt and walnuts

Total: 2108 Calories (Protein 214g (41%) / Carbs 144 g (27%) / Fat 78g (33%))

Notes: Protein is EAS Myoplex, Animal Cuts directions state to take second dosage 4-6 hours after first

Supplements

Animal Cuts

Glutamine

Myoplex EAS

Donnie_Darko
08-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Im curious about Animal Cuts...Have you used it before with results?

determined4000
08-01-2009, 05:41 AM
more veggies

newuser888
08-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Im curious about Animal Cuts...Have you used it before with results?

I haven't tried it before, however a few of my friends have with great results. I'm hoping my body reacts the same to it. I will be updating my progress with it in my profile, if you want to see how I take to it.

newuser888
08-01-2009, 05:51 AM
more veggies

Yeah, good call... I am thinking of throwing in some salads during the day.

demaskas
08-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Yeah, good call... I am thinking of throwing in some salads during the day.

If you ever have the compulsion to cheat and eat a heavy carb meal have a salad right after with little-to-no dressing.

Salads are some of the best things to eat while on a cut, if you can get romaine lettuce and put grilled chicken strips on top with an oil based dressing, I could eat that all day every day.

CWP50
08-01-2009, 11:06 AM
I will give you some ideas, but before I do let me state the basis for me to give you ideas. I am 51 years old, and 180cm. Between late April and July 31, I went from 83.2kg and 17% bodyfat to 76.2kg and 11%-12% bodyfat (a forthcoming hydrostatic test will be precise). My resting heart rate has gone from the mid-70s to the mid-50s, and my blood pressure has gone from above average to below average. I did it through exercise and diet, using the methods and formulas below. When I started in late April, I predicted that I would weigh 170 pounds on July 15th. On the morning of July 15th, I weighed in at 170.5 lbs. With that introduction, here goes:

1. How are you measuring bodyfat? Is it on one of those scales that takes the reading through your feet? If so, you should know that the readings aren't accurate. My scale's readings are too high. A 21% reading on my scale translated into a 17% hydrostatic reading, hydrostatic being the most accurate. What your scale will do is give you the correction direction in the change in your bodyfat IF you take the reading at the same time every day. I highly recommend first thing in the morning, before eating.

2. Don't do cardio every day. Even when cutting down, you need some rest time. I lift four days a week and do cardio on each of those days plus one more day. Two days a week I do neither lifting nor cardio.

4. Your max heart rate is 220-28 = 192. For burning fat through cardio, you will want to sustain 75%-80% of your max for 45 minutes at a time, i.e., 144-154. If I were you, my target would be 150.

5. Do interval training to maximize fat burn. if you are doing cardio 5x a week, use intervals no more than 3x a week, and ease into them. I use a stationary bicycle for intervals. I pedal as fast as I can against fairly heavy resistance, for 30 seconds. Then I dial back the resistance as low as it will go, and pedal as lightly as possible (but without actually stopping) for 90 seconds. Then I go back up for 30 seconds, back down for 90. I do 13 of those cycles. I wind up at 90-95% of max at the peak (158-162 beats), and at the valley I wind up at 85-88% (148-150) of max. Toward the end of these intervals, I will lengthen the rest period by 10 or 15 seconds, because I noticed that unless I get below 150 beats a minute during the valleys, I will not be able to sustain the peaks.

6. To plan your diet, start with the Harris Benedict formula * to determine your basal metabolic rate. I checked it with the stats you gave, and your daily caloric requirement is 2,300. From there, add in the calorie expenditure from one week's worth of your cardio divided by 7. Then subtract 750 calories a day, which is enough to lose 1.5 pounds of fat per week @ 3,500 calories per pound of fat. In my case, my steady-state caloric requirement was 2,150 and exercise added 450. Fat loss subtracted 750, so my diet target has been 1,850 calories.

7. Refined flour and alcohol break down in the liver to a form of sugar that seriously interferes with the body's ability to burn fat. Therefore, cut those things out of your diet completely. As for the rest, I wouldn't worry much about the composition of your diet (protein v fat v carbo) as long as it's not unbalanced. Green tea and coffee marginally raise your metabolism. COUNT EVERY SINGLE CALORIE on the diet side. On the exercise side, count only the calories used in cardio and not those used in your workouts. This will marginally add to the "diet" effect and counterbalance the occasional very minor splurge of calories that are inevitable when dieting.

8. Supplementation won't matter. Not when you're cutting down, and especially not when you're cutting down from your level. Supplementation matters a whole lot more at the pro bodybuilder level, but if you're starting at 22% (even on an inaccurate scale that might overstate it) you are (like me) a pure amateur.

9. Write out a daily diet and exercise regimen, with calories attached. Keep records of your workouts.

10. You will occasionally deviate from your plan. When -- not if, but when -- it happens, don't throw in the towel. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back in the game. Everyone falls off the wagon. The key is to not fall too far, and to not get so discouraged that you quit.

* The software on this website won't let me post web links. To find your BMR, go to Google and use the following search term: "Harris Benedict Cornell" Click the first link that comes up. Use that calculator, being careful to select "ambulating." This will be self-explanatory when you see the site.