PDA

View Full Version : who had the best nba offseason?

Davis_Ever
07-31-2009, 12:52 PM
I know this thread will be full of homers but try to be realistic about it. My vote goest Colangelo and the raps, guy worked magic after a complete sh*tbreak of a season. They have a very good roster and solid bench now, I think the devean george trade was just icing on the cake as they picked up another solid bench player in belinelli

KingCanuck
07-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Raptors.. Signed the best free agent on the market. Turned one of their weaknesses (Wing play) into a strength with the addition of Hedo, Jarret, Belinelli, DeRozan and Wright (and still the posibility of getting Delfino)

Also have a good bench with the likes of Jarret/Belinelli/Evans and Rasho.

Cuz Ripped
07-31-2009, 12:55 PM
go raps

justin8684
07-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Bucks had a pretty decent off-season as far as teams who weren't so good last year

Solid draft with Jennings & Meeks, decent FA pick-up in Warrick.

Scorpion613
07-31-2009, 01:24 PM
We can throw Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs into the mix...

dtangred
07-31-2009, 01:28 PM
We can throw Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs into the mix...

I like all of these along with the Raps and the Magic. I realize they lost Turk but I mean Barnes is solid and they retained Gortat and picked up Bass.

Exist 2 Inspire
07-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Looks like everybody is just shouting out their home team, so here ya go.

Hawks traded nothing for Crawford, resigned Bibby and Zaza, drafted Teague, and are close to resigning Marvin Williams.

dtangred
07-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Looks like everybody is just shouting out their home team, so here ya go.

Hawks traded nothing for Crawford, resigned Bibby and Zaza, drafted Teague, and are close to resigning Marvin Williams.

I like the Hawks and forgot about them but they did have a good off season. I was worried that J.Smith was getting dealt but thankfully nothing transpired.

BNR
07-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Lakers resigning odom, brown and signing artest. Plus we weren't even sure if Phil was coming back this coming season

Onita
07-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Best would probably be the Raps, for the amount of quality they picked up. Most effective will be the Lakers... they didn't need much, but picking up Artest will make them hard to beat assuming he doesn't get suspended for being a nutjob.

lakers4life123
07-31-2009, 02:08 PM
lakers by far. got phil, artest, and odom. also kept my man shannon brown. this will be an excellent year for the lakers. im feigning another championship ring..actually more like a 3-4 peat

Beasly3333
07-31-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't think you can consider teams who only had "good" drafts when you don't even know how the players are going to pan out.

Nodice123
07-31-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't think you can consider teams who only had "good" drafts when you don't even know how the players are going to pan out.

Well obviously but I am pretty sure they are referring to as of right now...

moto46
07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
raps

Fullback7
07-31-2009, 02:41 PM
The Rockets...

No Homerism at all.

Scorpion613
07-31-2009, 03:15 PM
I forgot about the mavs too... they made a few solid moves.

Bulldog0520
07-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Tough to call. A lot of teams made some good moves, but I'm going to say the Cavs.

All they needed was a big man to defend...Shaq can do all that and and more. He still demands a double team, and is arguably the best passing big man in the game. Also added Anthony Parker, an actual 2 guard that can match up, it killed them last year being undersized at the guard positions.

I can't wait for this season to start!

George Costanza
07-31-2009, 03:32 PM
The Lakers.

Think about it.

Championship team of last year kept Odom and turned Ariza into Artest. GG to everyone else this year.

evilsteve02
07-31-2009, 03:36 PM
I know this thread will be full of homers but try to be realistic about it. My vote goest Colangelo and the raps, guy worked magic after a complete sh*tbreak of a season. They have a very good roster and solid bench now, I think the devean george trade was just icing on the cake as they picked up another solid bench player in belinelli

lakers...resigned odom and got way better on defense by signing artest. cavs come in second, celtics 3rd (but they got better than the cavs becuase of their move).

robogain
07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
warriors nuff said

Exist 2 Inspire
07-31-2009, 04:02 PM
warriors nuff said

enjoy Acie Law and Speedy Claxton

robogain
07-31-2009, 04:06 PM
enjoy Acie Law and Speedy Claxton

will do. acie law is the next cp3.

nickrut
07-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Spurs

Added richard jefferson and dejuan blair. If not for injuries they would have been a contender last year

anonymous123
07-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Spurs, easily

alarmist
07-31-2009, 05:13 PM
raptors no question

why so ez?
07-31-2009, 05:26 PM
raptors first. they went from one of the worst to contender in the east, though it was pricey. lakers next for getting such good value in brown, artest, and lamar.

KingCanuck
07-31-2009, 05:27 PM
raptors first. they went from one of the worst to contender in the east, though it was pricey. lakers next for getting such good value in brown, artest, and lamar.

Yeah, but they lost Sun Yue. That offsets the signing of Artest, imo.

Max~Power
07-31-2009, 05:30 PM
The Lakers.

Think about it.

Championship team of last year kept Odom and turned Ariza into Artest. GG to everyone else this year.

Agree with above..

Homer pick (Since everyone else is doing it): Pistons

Scorpion613
07-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah, but they lost Sun Yue. That offsets the signing of Artest, imo.

not really... we still got Luke Walton. ;)

imperialfool
07-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Cavs are my hometeam, but I like their offseason. shaq, anthony parker, jamario moon.
varejao =/ but whatever

Pistons got a lot better. They dumped iverson and picked up ben gordon + charlie v. Raptors as well.

All in all the offseason was pretty exciting.

denny2008
07-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Overall moves from being a crap team to a contender? The Raptors obviously

Cavs made some solid moves, basically adding the Raptors' former wing players and Shaq.

I think the Wallace signing is gonna sink the Celtics

Lakers are solid, but I'd prefer Ariza over Artest. He comes with too much baggage, but we'll just have to see how that goes I guess

Sleeper pick for best moves in the offseason would be the Spurs. But the moves are more of a "win now" rather than bolstering for the future

Edit: The Magic did good too, but we'll just have to wait and see whether Vince can assimilate into the team, and their point position is mad suspect now. They had Jameer, Alston, and Hedo could play point too. Now they have what? Nelson and Johnson? Plus losing Courtney Lee could be huge, but maybe Barnes could fill in. I double it though. He was basically a do-everything guy. Ryan Anderson is gonna be stuck behind Howard, Gortat and Lewis, so I don't think he's gonna get too much PT. They're more of a touch-and-go team if you really look at it.

KingCanuck
07-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Cavs are my hometeam, but I like their offseason. shaq, anthony parker, jamario moon.
varejao =/ but whatever

Pistons got a lot better. They dumped iverson and picked up ben gordon + charlie v. Raptors as well.

All in all the offseason was pretty exciting.

ROFL @ the Cavs picking up Raptors' seconds.

PushTheWeak
08-01-2009, 01:40 AM
spurs./ close thread. the spurs have added the most talent this off season. hopefully tony parker can stop getting hurt o_O

evilsteve02
08-01-2009, 03:54 PM
ROFL @ the Cavs picking up Raptors' seconds.

must not know much about basketball because parker happens to make the cavs one of the deepest (if not THE deepest) teams in the league. Depth wins championships.

_Translucency
08-01-2009, 04:01 PM
The Toronto Raptors made some serious offseason moves that will easily make them a contender in the East.

KingCanuck
08-01-2009, 04:03 PM
must not know much about basketball because parker happens to make the cavs one of the deepest (if not THE deepest) teams in the league. Depth wins championships.

I watched close to every game Parker has played in since returning to the NBA. Hes old and lost a step.