PDA

View Full Version : Lets play opposite day

Harbinger
07-31-2009, 10:22 AM
Sunday, lets take part of the day to create post and defend the other sides views. This will work for the religious as well as the political folks here. It would probably be fun and might help us understand each other a little better. It's only going to work if a majority of us agree to it.

Would a different day work better?

YARDGORILLA
07-31-2009, 10:24 AM
You switch hittin OP?

flabtoabs
07-31-2009, 10:25 AM
http://funny.funnyoldplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/opposite-day.jpg

Melkor
07-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Sunday, lets take part of the day to create post and defend the other sides views. This will work for the religious as well as the political folks here. It would probably be fun and might help us understand each other a little better. It's only going to work if a majority of us agree to it.

Would love to if I'm around. I just found out my wife is likely to be going into the hospital today for an abscess on her kidney as I was typing this. :(

jf1
07-31-2009, 10:29 AM
any other day i would be happy to participate...but i honor the sabbath on sunday.
gods holy day.
no work, no computer, no gathering wood, no nothing.
hallelujah.
may the lord jeeesus bless you and keep you.
:rolleyes:

Spetsnazos
Would love to if I'm around. I just found out my wife is likely to be going into the hospital today for an abscess on her kidney as I was typing this. :(

sry :( best wishes!

Beeewbs

I put "I'm out" because I thought we were playing opposite day today, so since I wanted to play, I choose the opposite poll option...then, I read the OP. It might be amusing. Could totally f*ck with those unaware when they see a large amount of forum members arguing the opposite. I don't think I'll learn anything though, because I've heard it all.

Melkor
07-31-2009, 10:30 AM
I put "I'm out" because I thought we were playing opposite day today, so since I wanted to play, I choose the opposite poll option...then, I read the OP. It might be amusing. Could totally f*ck with those unaware when they see a large amount of forum members arguing the opposite. I don't think I'll learn anything though, because I've heard it all.

lol

OAD
07-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Best of luck Melkor.

Melkor
07-31-2009, 10:34 AM

Thanks bro. I didn't mean to thread highjack, I'll probably start another thread later today when I find out the details of what's going on. She's going in for a CT scan in a bit and we'll find out more then.

Harbinger
07-31-2009, 11:03 AM

This^^^ all of thoughts are with you and I'm sure the prayers of those who pray.

EOY
07-31-2009, 11:07 AM

Sorry to hear that, my main man. Hope everything turns out fine.

IraHays
07-31-2009, 11:16 AM
I would if it wasn't on a Sunday....

ONtop888
07-31-2009, 11:33 AM

I'll pray for her today brother, I hope all goes well.

_TG_
07-31-2009, 12:13 PM
i don't want to get owned if i switch. :D
edit; jesus unlocked my car door!
wait wut?

x_aDrenaLine_x
07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm afraid that this will turn out to consist of posts that twist the theory of evolution and twist the God of the Bible. Unless of course everyone researches a TON and has set facts on each matter, defending both sides as if it were their own.

LordDarwin
07-31-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm afraid that this will turn out to consist of posts that twist the theory of evolution and twist the God of the Bible. Unless of course everyone researches a TON and has set facts on each matter, defending both sides as if it were their own.
Look x_aDrenaLine_x

I had a religious experience, some African lady got off a plane, came to my local church and read my mind! This is proof that my God (the Christain one) is real!

I don't care if it defies the laws of the universe and a hell of a lot of science. It happened. It proves God. I believe it!

I also like to fast until I'm delirious and can start to hear God and Jesus talking in my head. It's proof I tell you, and I don't care what you say. Try and prove me wrong!

ONtop888
07-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Look x_aDrenaLine_x

I had a religious experience, some African lady got off a plane, came to my local church and read my mind! This is proof that my God (the Christain one) is real!

I don't care if it defies the laws of the universe and a hell of a lot of science. It happened. It proves God. I believe it!

I also like to fast until I'm delirious and can start to hear God and Jesus talking in my head. It's proof I tell you, and I don't care what you say. Try and prove me wrong!

I died and came back to life without medical intervention and the EMTs said they had no explanation for it, many things have unfolded since then and occured before that, which have helped me understand life much better and our purpose in this life.

Is that empirical proof? I suppose not, it could be written off as an anomaly that can't be explained at the moment and if the events that followed in my life verified that, then I would believe it, but they led me to God.

LordDarwin
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
I died and came back to life without medical intervention and the EMTs said they had no explanation for it, many things have unfolded since then and occured before that, which have helped me understand life much better and our purpose in this life.

Is that empirical proof? I suppose not, it could be written off as an anomaly that can't be explained at the moment and if the events that followed in my life verified that, then I would believe it, but they led me to God.
Well, if the medics had no explanation it must be a very rare occurrence. However I myself, personally wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there was a god who brought me back to life. Especially the Abrahamic God specifically.

But if that story did happen to you, just wow.... That is genuinely amazing, I doubt that happens very often :eek: That must have really given you some strong faith in your god!

x_aDrenaLine_x
07-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Look x_aDrenaLine_x

Wow you must be delusional.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/2949190545_fce6bf8a9a.jpg

ONtop888
07-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Well, if the medics had no explanation it must be a very rare occurrence. However I myself, personally wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there was a god who brought me back to life. Especially the Abrahamic God specifically.

But if that story did happen to you, just wow.... That is genuinely amazing, I doubt that happens very often :eek: That must have really given you some strong faith in your god!

It didn't lead me to believe in the Abrahamic God initially, there was no epiphany or direct revelation that Yahweh was the true God. I researched a multitude of religions and was hinging on a Univeralist world view where there is no absolute religious truth or that absolute religious truth doesn't exist exclusively in one religion. Circumstances led me to faith in Christ through studying religion and the rest is history. Def strong faith in God resulted from that experience though.