PDA

View Full Version : needing to drop 50lbs

klyfton
07-30-2009, 02:09 PM
well...ive went from 308 to 238 and back up to 250....im wanting to get down to around 200lbs...i try to hit the gym around 4 - 5 times a week, it just gets ruff sometimes because of the way i work....im drinking a gallon of water a day...any other tips you guys can offer?? and also...i have problems with my stamina in the gym...ill get my first couple of sets no problem then when i get to my 3rd set say doing chest im worn out and dont have much left...even if i go down in my weight i just dont have much left for it....any kinda of recomendations for that as well? thanks

g3k
07-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Track what you are eating with many of the available internets programs. (fitday, livestrong, etc)

Start at a lower weight on your reps and build up instead of starting heavy and building down. Did you stop going to the gym and then started up recently? You might have to reevaluate what your fitness is RIGHT NOW isntead of what it was when you stopped going to the gym.

BK89
07-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Maybe try a little caffeine right before you go (especially if you are workign out in the morning).

klyfton
07-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Track what you are eating with many of the available internets programs. (fitday, livestrong, etc)

Start at a lower weight on your reps and build up instead of starting heavy and building down. Did you stop going to the gym and then started up recently? You might have to reevaluate what your fitness is RIGHT NOW isntead of what it was when you stopped going to the gym.

thanks for the help...but yea i actually have been out for about a month or so...i wrecked my motorcycle and just now getting back into it....but as far as the stamina gos i had the same problems before...i appreciate it...ill try out one of those internet programs

klyfton
07-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Maybe try a little caffeine right before you go (especially if you are workign out in the morning).

well thats another one of my problems...since i work rotating 12 hours shifts, sometimes its morning sometimes its afternoon :\....but ive tried drinking like an energy drink before i go and it just doesnt work for me...also to the no shotgun for a while, it worked at first and then just stopped working seems like

_DoWorkSon_
07-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Running has helped me get the lungs I needed to go hard on the weights.

I was getting gassed early in my workouts before I added cardio.