PDA

View Full Version : Yet another story about how "Birthers" are just conspiracy theorist crackpots

Macrobolic
07-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Obama And Birth Certificate Photo: Prez Legit?

A vocal group of conspiracy theorists known as "birthers" are riling the White House with their persistent claim that Barack Obama is not an American citizen and therefore ineligible to be president.

The claim that the United States' first African-American president was born in Kenya, not Hawaii, first emerged during his presidential campaign, but it has garnered more media attention in the summer "silly season," a traditionally slow news period when many Americans are on vacation.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs looked exasperated at his briefing on Monday when a reporter asked him, "Is there anything you can say that will make the birthers go away?"

"If I had some DNA, it wouldn't assuage those that don't believe he was born here," Gibbs replied. "But I have news for them and for all of us: The president was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, the 50th state of the greatest country on the face of the earth. He's a citizen.

"A year-and-a-half ago I asked that the birth certificate be put on the Internet because Lord knows, you got a birth certificate and you put it on the Internet, what else could be the story?"

The digitally scanned copy of the "certification of live birth" from Hawaii's Department of Health shows Obama was born in Honolulu at 7:24 p.m. on August 4, 1961.

The nonpartisan FactCheck.org, a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, examined, handled and photographed the original certificate in an effort to put the controversy to rest.

"We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the USA, just as he has always said."

FactCheck.org also pointed out that Obama's American mother and Kenyan father placed an advertisement in a local Honolulu newspaper on August 13, 1961, announcing their son's birth.

Gibbs, who has ridiculed "birthers" in the past, impatiently dismissed the claims as "made-up, fictional nonsense." "There are 10,000 more important issues for people in this country to discuss, rather than whether or not the president is a citizen."

Despite the seemingly incontrovertible evidence, the issue shows no sign of disappearing off the radar of right-wing radio talkshow hosts and others who say the birth certificate is a forgery to hide the fact that Obama is foreign-born.

Republican Congressman Mike Castle was booed at a town hall meeting after he insisted Obama, a Democrat, was an American citizen. Video of the meeting went viral and has been viewed nearly 700,000 times on YouTube.

Fellow Republican Congressman John Campbell is a co-sponsor of legislation that would in the future force presidential candidates to produce their birth certificates.

Meanwhile, several lawsuits challenging Obama's eligibility to serve as president have been dismissed, and a U.S. Army major made headlines by arguing he should not be deployed to Afghanistan on the grounds that the commander-in-chief of the U.S. armed forces was not an American citizen.

Source: http://www.postchronicle.com/news/strange/article_212247326.shtml

See also: http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/has_obamas_birth_certificate_been_disclosed.html
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp

grup910
07-29-2009, 09:48 AM
These extremist birthers are starting to cross the line into sedition, imo. I think someone should start calling them on that.

Stizzel
07-29-2009, 10:03 AM
I didn't really take this issue seriously until the media and bloggers started putting out a stream of ad hominems and strawmen.

Nothing convinces me there's something being covered up more than trash like this.

Macrobolic
07-29-2009, 10:13 AM
I didn't really take this issue seriously until the media and bloggers started putting out a stream of ad hominems and strawmen.

Nothing convinces me there's something being covered up more than trash like this.

Yeah, because the birth certificate has been posted on several websites, indepedent organizations have looked at the original and say it is legitimate, it all must be a conspiracy.

:facepalm:

ElHombre
07-29-2009, 10:21 AM
http://i29.tinypic.com/et5wn7.jpg

Stizzel
07-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah, because the birth certificate has been posted on several websites, indepedent organizations have looked at the original and say it is legitimate, it all must be a conspiracy.

:facepalm:

If you spent as much time looking into the arguments presented as you do going 'hurr hurr lookit da birthers' you'd never make such a silly comment.

You could start by going to dictionary.com and looking up the definition of conspiracy.

SGMD1
07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
If you spent as much time looking into the arguments presented...

Every single Birther argument has been debunked:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2738/38915162.jpg

grup910
07-29-2009, 10:51 AM
I love the reasoning at work here: "Sane people are getting mad lulz over the stupidity of the crackpot birthers -- so the birthers must be on to something!" :eek: lol

Stizzel
07-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Every single Birther argument has been debunked:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2738/38915162.jpg

I can't see images from imageshack but I'm sure I'm not missing out on much.

I love the reasoning at work here: "Sane people are getting mad lulz over the stupidity of the crackpot birthers -- so the birthers must be on to something!" :eek: lol

Do you care to explain how asking a question is 'conspiracy theory', and if you feel that questioning the president is insane and something to be ridiculed, why are you a part of impeachbush.org?

SkinnyProp03
07-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Do you care to explain how asking a question is 'conspiracy theory', and if you feel that questioning the president is insane and something to be ridiculed, why are you a part of impeachbush.org?
I don't think anybody cares that people questioned it at first. It's now a conspiracy theory because of the people denying the proof Obama has given that he was born in America.

Stizzel
07-29-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't think anybody cares that people questioned it at first. It's now a conspiracy theory because of the people denying the proof Obama has given that he was born in America.

Up until this month, the state of Hawaii itself did not accept the 'proof' Obama has given to the American people. It definatly was not acceptable when he entered the presidential election in 2007.

They're asking where his actual birth certificate is and what information is on it. That is not conspiracy theory.

SGMD1
07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Up until this month, the state of Hawaii itself did not accept the 'proof' Obama has given to the American people. It definatly was not acceptable when he entered the presidential election in 2007.
Debunked in MYTH 13 (Post 7)

They're asking where his actual birth certificate is and what information is on it. That is not conspiracy theory.
Hawaii has no document known as a "birth certificate"

Stizzel
07-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Debunked in MYTH 13 (Post 7)

Hawaii has no document known as a "birth certificate"

A certificate of live birth is the same thing.

:rolleyes:

grup910
07-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I can't see images from imageshack but I'm sure I'm not missing out on much.

The "question" you're all asking has been satisfactorily ANSWERED. That's why you're ridiculed. People who ignore the FACTS to keep pushing their hate agenda are a perfectly legitimate target for ridicule. When they grow up and join the reality-based community they won't be ridiculed anymore.

Stizzel
07-29-2009, 04:49 PM
The "question" you're all asking has been satisfactorily ANSWERED.

Thats your opinion. Its still not conspiracy theory. Do you agree with the OP or not?

That's why you're ridiculed. People who ignore the FACTS to keep pushing their hate agenda are a perfectly legitimate target for ridicule. When they grow up and join the reality-based community they won't be ridiculed anymore.

Did you copy and paste this from a Bush-bot thread from a few years back?

grup910
07-29-2009, 04:58 PM
A certificate of live birth is the same thing.

NO ONE in hawaii has a "birth certificate." They all have certificates of live birth.

Why are you demanding Obama have something that no one else has? :confused:

Stizzel
07-29-2009, 05:01 PM
NO ONE in hawaii has a "birth certificate." They all have certificates of live birth.

Yes, I know. Thats why I pointed out that a certificate of live birth is the same thing. Its just easier to say birth certificate.

grup910
07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Yes, I know. Thats why I pointed out that a certificate of live birth is the same thing. Its just easier to say birth certificate.

Lol - so what exactly is your problem? Dare I even ask. :rolleyes:

a_ahmed
07-29-2009, 05:18 PM
lol at pointless fighting amongst Americans.

It doesn't change the fact Obama is new of old. He is still a liar and doing the same ol with different acts that the last ol' pulled off. He is a liar, hypocrite, contradicted left and right, flip flop, I want to use stronger words to describe it all... but surprisingly nothing new. The only CHAAANGE I believe in, is that a new face is in town, a new actor.

There's too many obama threads... These debates are uselses. Who cares where he is from or what his favourite t-shirt is. The man is just another puppet of bankers, aipac, corporate circus, etc... screwing up the whole world. Hell he is the bloody 'president' he could print birth certificates like paper money for all anyone cares. Heck forget him, the people who placed him in power could do that ever so easily. They could probably also make you dissapear over night without anyone finding out. So who cares? Pathetic... And no he is not a muslim for those still believing "OMG a MOZZLEM terr0rizt rules us alll, all your base are belong to us!".... EDUCATION... we all need.

SGMD1
07-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Up until this month, the state of Hawaii itself did not accept the 'proof' Obama has given to the American people.
Read MYTH 13 here (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=362120301&postcount=2)

They're asking where his actual birth certificate is and what information is on it.
Read MYTH 4 here (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=362119901&postcount=1)

Melkor
07-29-2009, 07:09 PM
These extremist birthers are starting to cross the line into sedition, imo. I think someone should start calling them on that.

You just did. gjdm