PDA

View Full Version : supplement timing

lilbernardo
07-29-2009, 08:10 AM
is it good to take waximaze as soon as i do the last set of my exercise and then take my whey protein with creatine 5mins after that

dvsness
07-29-2009, 08:11 AM
You can take them together. Don't overthink it.

lilbernardo
07-29-2009, 08:19 AM
anyone else?

Jeph
07-29-2009, 08:20 AM
You can take them together. Don't overthink it.

all you need bra. from what i understand itd be beneficial to take them at the same time

lilbernardo
07-29-2009, 08:22 AM
all you need bra. from what i understand itd be beneficial to take them at the same time

yeah but the thing is my waximaze is flavored and wouldnt go well with my whey/creatine

Jeph
07-29-2009, 08:25 AM
gotcha, right after would be straight

dvsness
07-29-2009, 08:26 AM
yeah but the thing is my waximaze is flavored and wouldnt go well with my whey/creatine

So next time get one that goes better together? If you want to make your life inconvenient, I can't stop you. :p Creatine has no flavor.

lilbernardo
07-29-2009, 08:27 AM
but is taking my shake right after i dropped the weights on my last set a good idea?

in10city
07-29-2009, 08:33 AM
but is taking my shake right after i dropped the weights on my last set a good idea?
Personally, I find Alan's suggestion to be on the money (j/k)

4) Right before your last set, pull out the waxy maize + BCAA, pre-mixed in a shaker bottle, position it right next to you so you can access it right after you hit failure plus 3 forced reps from your training partner.
5) This is the money shot here. Soon as you can't get that last rep, have your training partner HAND YOU THE FOCKING SHAKER BOTTLE. That's the key.
6) Then it's time do slam the BCAA + WMS, then notice how much more jacked you are than anyone in the gym.

I'll reiterate the don't overthink it. You don't need to rush to down it.

lilbernardo
07-29-2009, 08:45 AM

so its not a bad idea? to do that right after you lift

mjwarburton
07-29-2009, 09:13 AM

LOL. Made my day. Love that post from Alan. Reall funny **** man. Some peeps in my gym are a little OCD with getting the protein/carbs immediately. I'm thinking about inventing a non steroidal injectable post w/o product, it'd be a hit.

in10city
07-29-2009, 09:23 AM
so its not a bad idea? to do that right after you lift
It's fine. But keep in mind that there won't be any difference if you follow Alan's sarcastic advice or if you put away your weights, wipe down the equipment and walk to the locker room to mix it up and it ends up being 5 or 10 minutes later.

jasontkd
07-29-2009, 09:24 AM
You guys are all way off. Here is the correct way to take you WMS+BCAA+Creatine+Protein+tuna+oats+roids+koolaid+ vodka+whatever else

Get one of those beer hats with the straws, and have your shaker up there ready to roll with your straw in mouth. Then as you are pushing out your last forced rep, simultaniously start drinking it as fast as possible. Swallow as few times as possible. If you can open your throat and just swallow it in one gulp it is better. You gotta get it in you as fast as possible.

This is ridiculous. just finish your workout and dirnk you supps. no one has a nutrient window that tight.

mjwarburton
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
^^^^^Also a GREAT IDEA, nice. Strap a couple of RTD's and maybe some of dat dere CellTECH into that hat, be jacked like no one else.