PDA

View Full Version : Optimal PreWO Nutrition for early morning training?

FF8114
07-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Well I have started training 1st thing in the morning before work. I have never really been a fan of early morning workouts but it is not that bad once I have gotten used to it.

I am wondering what is the optimal preWO nutrition protocol for an early morning workout?

I do not like training with too much in my stomach so I am not sure the idea of having some whey and wms right before hitting the gym is an option for me. Unless I get up a little earlier and have a whey and wms shake 45min-hour before hitting the gym.

I was thinking of skipping a "meal" and just have 1-2 servings of Intrabolic 1/2 on my way to the gym and the other 1/2 while training.

Or am I just overthinking this. Is either option just as good as the other (in terms of anabolism).

Thanks for the feedback.

AdamCloet
07-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Well I have started training 1st thing in the morning before work. I have never really been a fan of early morning workouts but it is not that bad once I have gotten used to it.

I am wondering what is the optimal preWO nutrition protocol for an early morning workout?

I do not like training with too much in my stomach so I am not sure the idea of having some whey and wms right before hitting the gym is an option for me. Unless I get up a little earlier and have a whey and wms shake 45min-hour before hitting the gym.

I was thinking of skipping a "meal" and just have 1-2 servings of Intrabolic 1/2 on my way to the gym and the other 1/2 while training.

Or am I just overthinking this. Is either option just as good as the other (in terms of anabolism).

Thanks for the feedback.

Def. Overthinking....

If a full meal is too much.. cut it down... maybe just a shake and an apple...

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION
07-28-2009, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

How much time once you wake, do you head to the gym?

FF8114
07-28-2009, 08:48 PM
How much time once you wake, do you head to the gym?

Right now I average hitting the gym in 25-35 minutes after getting up. If it would be a little better I could stretch it out of about an hour maybe an hour and 15 minutes but not more than that.

I think if I waited an hour or longer I could probably handle a little more of a meal and not feel like it was weighing me down, so to speak, when I hit the gym.

FF8114
07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Def. Overthinking....

Yeah you are probably right, but I think we all get a little OCD when it comes to getting the most out of our nutrition and time in the gym :)

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION
07-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Right now I average hitting the gym in 25-35 minutes after getting up. If it would be a little better I could stretch it out of about an hour maybe an hour and 15 minutes but not more than that.

You're fine at the 25-35 mins. Just take two scoops of IntrAbolic(you have the 40 serving sups facts panel right?) and add in about 20g of dextrose, gatorade powder or whatever you have on hand.

IntrAbolic is PERFECT for your fasted scenario but you will likely want to bring in some carbs coming out of that fasted state. I would start sipping on your IntrAbolic+carbs about 10-15 mins prior to your workout and continue to drink it throughout your session. You don't need anything else or a preWO meal prior, with the time frame you're working with. Also, IntrAbolic is giving you the protein with ALL the EAAs, beta-alanine, electrolytes.

Nefariousx1
07-28-2009, 09:49 PM
You're fine at the 25-35 mins. Just take two scoops of IntrAbolic(you have the 40 serving sups facts panel right?) and add in about 20g of dextrose, gatorade powder or whatever you have on hand.

IntrAbolic is PERFECT for your fasted scenario but you will likely want to bring in some carbs coming out of that fasted state. I would start sipping on your IntrAbolic+carbs about 10-15 mins prior to your workout and continue to drink it throughout your session. You don't need anything else or a preWO meal prior, with the time frame you're working with. Also, IntrAbolic is giving you the protein with ALL the EAAs, beta-alanine, electrolytes.

other than iceman and sixpack, I Hate when reps come in the nutrition section to promote their products......but, Intrabolic is awesome and really is good for you

ASK.
07-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Try waking up a little early. Eat some instant oats, saturate your muscles with protein shake, head to the gym, then sip on intrabolic while working out. Try it once and make it a habit.

snorkelman
07-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Unless I get up a little earlier and have a whey and wms shake 45min-hour before hitting the gym.

This is the solution to your problem.

dfast
07-29-2009, 02:07 AM
I'm in the gym at around 5.30am, and was in the same boat as you. Now I just get up earlier - no problem.

The Solution
07-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Get a meal in your, or some whole foods..

Grind oats, milk ,whey, and fruit into a smoothies and slug it down before working out. Liquid kcals will settle easy.. Take IntrAbolic during your WO.

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION
07-29-2009, 07:08 AM
other than iceman and sixpack, I Hate when reps come in the nutrition section to promote their products......but, Intrabolic is awesome and really is good for you

Heh, didn't realize I was even in the nutrition section and was just trying to answer his question. :o :D

Eitherway, I used to train early AM back in highschool and there's was no way in hell I was eating a whole meal, especially when I would be in the gym 20-30 mins after I woke up. A shake with carbs back then is what I would do. Of course IntrAbolic wasn't around back then.

FF8114
07-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Unless I can start getting up earlier (which won't be an easy task for me) I think skipping the "meal" and upping my Intrabolic doage and adding some quick carbs might be the best option for me. I was just concerned that I was not getting adequate preWO nutrition with this method.

Thanks again for all the relies.

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION
07-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Unless I can start getting up earlier (which won't be an easy task for me) I think skipping the "meal" and upping my Intrabolic doage and adding some quick carbs might be the best option for me. I was just concerned that I was not getting adequate preWO nutrition with this method.

Thanks again for all the relies.

Two scoops of IntrAbolic will give you 8grams of hydrolyzed protein AND there's an additional 8grams of EAAs. So 16g of protein/EAAs will serve you well. Throw in your carbs and you're well set.

See how you feel. If you feel great, stick with it, if not, perhaps have a light protein/carb shake right as you wake up and follow it up with IntrAbolic.

Lector606
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Coffee and BCAA's for me :)

I train early mornings so I basically eat my preworkout meal before bed (oats, whey, banana) just so I know my glycogen stores aren't empty come morning.