PDA

View Full Version : It's a travesty that Vin Scully doesn't announce the World Series

SweetTouch
07-28-2009, 04:34 PM
MLB would need to take a number of steps to get people to actually watch postseason baseball games (most importantly, earlier start times for east coast viewers), but getting Scully back in the booth wouldn't hurt either.

I'd only heard this guy on my old Sega video games before moving to the West Coast, but this man straight up makes you want to watch baseball. He's like Marv Albert in the booth, only he doesn't wear crotchless panties or bite women.

If Vin Scully were announcing the World Series last season, I might have actually watched more than 2 innings. Scully is so good that he would've made a WS with Tampa involved worth watching... and I can't think of another announcer I'd say that about.

Sadly, we're just going to get "treated" to more Joe Buck and Tim McYankee for years to come.

edit: FWIW, I actually don't mind Joe Buck doing football games with Aikman. IMO, he does a good job with NFL on FOX.

Brave1
07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
joe buck should call the w.s. with artie lang instead of tim mcarver.

SweetTouch
07-28-2009, 04:39 PM
joe buck should call the w.s. with artie lang instead of tim mcarver.

Joe Buck announcing the WS with a douchebag Yankee fan, or Joe Buck announcing the WS with a funny Yankee fan? I don't like either.

warbird00
07-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Vin Scully is ****ing horrible. I would fall asleep during every day if he was the announcer for my team or the world series.

Seriously, how can you say hes a good announcer?

SweetTouch
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Vin Scully is ****ing horrible. I would fall asleep during every day if he was the announcer for my team or the world series.

Seriously, how can you say hes a good announcer?

wat

Vin Scully was born to announce baseball.

warbird00
07-28-2009, 04:42 PM
wat

Vin Scully was born to announce baseball.

yeah like 200 years ago maybe

Brave1
07-28-2009, 04:45 PM
all kidding aside vin scully is pretty good at what he does. i have the baseball package on comcast which allows me to see all the out of market games. i've been amazed at how bad some of the announcers are calling big league games.

weakguy
07-28-2009, 04:49 PM
does vin do radio or tv? i thought he did radio for some reason?

Brando0331
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM
yeah like 200 years ago maybe

This, I'm a huge Dodger fan and i cannot fukin stand when he announces. The past few season's he has been ****ing up calls,players names, Talking way to much about players personal lives, He doesn't even sound like a Dodger fan. **** even Matt Kemp said that lol. I'm fukn happy that this is his last year. He is a Legend but he should have gave it up a few years ago.