PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

Codo
07-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Most important meal of the day right? Also serves as my pre w/o meal, which, from what I gather, is also extremely important and generally is supposed to be the one of the largest meals. So, is this breakfast too big or too small? Or just right (Goldilocks)?

4 Egg whites
2 Whole eggs
3 strips turkey bacon
1 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
1 tblsp nat. peanut butter
8 oz. Milk

Macros come to

Calories: 975
fat: 32.7
carbs: 101
Protein: 73

I am thinking of throwing in a fruit, maybe a banana or a peach, into the oatmeal. If not that than perhaps some yogurt.

This is just a test because I usually keep my breakfast down in the 430 calorie range, carbs and protein at 40 each. I am working on maintainance, but mondays are one of my heavier lifting days. I want to be charged. Still, I feel like this is (not a lot of food, I want it all) a lot in the macro department.

willldabeast
07-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Most important meal of the day right? Also serves as my pre w/o meal, which, from what I gather, is also extremely important and generally is supposed to be the one of the largest meals. So, is this breakfast too big or too small? Or just right (Goldilocks)?

4 Egg whites
2 Whole eggs
3 strips turkey bacon
1 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
1 tblsp nat. peanut butter
8 oz. Milk

Macros come to

Calories: 975
fat: 32.7
carbs: 101
Protein: 73

I am thinking of throwing in a fruit, maybe a banana or a peach, into the oatmeal. If not that than perhaps some yogurt.

This is just a test because I usually keep my breakfast down in the 430 calorie range, carbs and protein at 40 each. I am working on maintainance, but mondays are one of my heavier lifting days. I want to be charged. Still, I feel like this is (not a lot of food, I want it all) a lot in the macro department.

thats a pretty big meal, as long as it fits into your daily requirments and you dont feel sick training after that much food. looks fine