PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Chicken Tenderloins weight...

Josh86
07-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Yes...another weighing of meat thread. I searched and didn't get a good answer.

Anyways listed on my bag of frozen chicken tenderloins the serving says "112 grams/4 oz." Now what I've been doing is usually boiling up about a weeks worth of the chicken tenderloins and putting it in a big Tupperware container. Then when it comes time to make my meal I would just weigh out 112 grams of chicken.

My question is, is this accurate? I'm trying to get more serious/accurate with my calories and wasn't sure how this works for frozen meats? I usually weigh other meats raw and calculate the calories, and then cook it, but for some reason I just wondered today if I'm my above method is not actually accurate and I'm eating more calories (not much I know just saying I want to be more accurate overall with my calories).

Thanks for reading guys/girls.

The_Animal11
07-24-2009, 10:25 PM
if you woulda read any of the other weighing of meat threads (there are like two a day) you would have not needed to make this thread, cuz you would have known that you should be weighing it raw.

Josh86
07-24-2009, 10:28 PM
if you woulda read any of the other weighing of meat threads (there are like two a day) you would have not needed to make this thread, cuz you would have known that you should be weighing it raw.

I saw that a lot for raw.....just didn't (my bad) see anything about it being originally frozen and wondered if the packaging is stating the serving at frozen. I guess I'll start thawing out a batch a day before I plan on cooking a weeks worth.

I appreciate the response, thanks man.

CaliforniaKing
07-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Just use this if you already have the chicken breasts cooked already:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/poultry-products/703/2