PDA

View Full Version : All of the theological wrangling and confusion in the world just disappears

The_Reaper
07-24-2009, 08:06 AM
When you realise god is imaginary.

All the talk of free will and philosophy and trying to make sense of the senseless - it all just dissipates into one painfully obvious truth: there never was a god.

Then, everything makes sense.

Take a step back. Imagine you are an alien species from outer space studying earthlings - their behaviours, their follies, their delusions.

Step back and see the obvious truths.

Queequeg
07-24-2009, 08:09 AM
You make it sound like some sort of special moment. I can't remember the time when I first thought there was no God. It just wasn't a significant event in my life.

ObedEdom
07-24-2009, 09:20 AM
You make it sound like some sort of special moment

pay no mind to the OP

it was just a couple incredible statements with the intention of asserting authority, supremecy and enlightenment to persuade others of his own self worth and that he should be envied :D pretty much, what we all do in one way or another.

...but Christians are dumb and weak cause they believe in fairy tale and use it as a crutch to get through life... [shrug]

we're all broke, we all seek being fixed
reaper wants you tell him he's special, I want you to see my point of view

in the end, it doesn't really matter
(I tried so hard...to lose it all :p )

Melkor
07-24-2009, 09:21 AM
All of the theological wrangling and confusion also go away if we all pick one religion and go with it as well. I say we all pick Mormon. :D

asiya-sparkles
07-24-2009, 09:25 AM

All the talk of free will and philosophy and trying to make sense of the senseless - it all just dissipates into one painfully obvious truth: there never was a god.

Then, everything makes sense.

Take a step back. Imagine you are an alien species from outer space studying earthlings - their behaviours, their follies, their delusions.

Step back and see the obvious truths.

As that Alien, if I didn't believe in a creator before (why an alien would be superior is for you to decide!) I surely would now, so to me, I would ask, "Who created these Aliens? How would one species have so many ways of communicating, modes of habitat, diversity in behaviour etc... yet the other species on this same planet have set rules by which they live... there are fewer variations in other species, so why so many? SO MANY!!!

Alhamdulillah...there is clearly only one God and He must have sent messengers to declare Himself and invite His creation to give thanks and praise.

ObedEdom
07-24-2009, 09:32 AM
All of the theological wrangling and confusion also go away if we all pick one religion and go with it as well. I say we all pick Mormon. :D

I'd be in if yall were allowed to be rude sometimes and didn't give me a big singular piece of underwear lookin stuff (temple gown) to show I was an adult

Melkor
07-24-2009, 09:37 AM
I'd be in if yall were allowed to be rude sometimes and didn't give me a big singular piece of underwear lookin stuff (temple gown) to show I was an adult

lol we don't wear single piece underwears. It's like boxers and an undershirt.

And we are allowed to be rude sometimes, you butthole.

Sorry, jk, I take it back, you're not a butthole, I didn't mean it. Please don't be offended.

:D

ObedEdom
07-24-2009, 09:42 AM
lol we don't wear single piece underwears. It's like boxers and an undershirt.

And we are allowed to be rude sometimes, you butthole.

Sorry, jk, I take it back, you're not a butthole, I didn't mean it. Please don't be offended.

it's not everyday when you get told off by a weight lifting Mormon who wears a whole body diaper to the temple...

me to myself: you really messed up now, junior :D :D :D

you guys are nothin like that south park episode

Queequeg
07-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Trey Parker was/is Mormom I think

Melkor
07-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Trey Parker was/is Mormom I think

From what I understand he dated a girl that was Mormon and she dumped him. I am fairly sure that's correct, but not 100%.

Melkor
07-24-2009, 09:56 AM
it's not everyday when you get told off by a weight lifting Mormon who wears a whole body diaper to the temple...

me to myself: you really messed up now, junior :D :D :D

you guys are nothin like that south park episode

lol

Queequeg
07-24-2009, 10:13 AM
From what I understand he dated a girl that was Mormon and she dumped him. I am fairly sure that's correct, but not 100%.

perhapes I getting confused because he played a karate expert Mormom in Orgazmo and he's actually pretty good a karate in real life lol. Where's the I dunno dog when you need it.

Enso
07-24-2009, 10:37 AM
This is the problem with applying concepts to God and then clinging to them. All the logic in the world can't explain God since it logic is dualistic in nature (which is useful, but only to a point), which if clung to leads you to a one sided stance that defies that which is before your eyes - creation. Of course saying who created God then (?) makes logical sense, but you end up denying what is right before you if you fall into the trap. The simple answer is that God is not limited to human concepts of logic. If you take a hard line stance, you are basically making a statement from which you have no concrete ground to base it. What you end up with then is a bunch of meaningless ramblings about nothing based on a bunch of assumptions. Hard line atheist are identical to hard line fundamentalist.

Melkor
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Where the I dunno dog when you need it.

http://www.reallyfunnypictures.co.uk/animals/pics/12.01.08/i-dunno-lol.jpg

Mtguy8787
07-24-2009, 10:41 AM
All of the theological wrangling and confusion in the world just disappears.

And then gets replaces by racial, tribal, political, economical, or cultural wrangling. People don't need, never have, and never will need a logical reason to fight. Saying that getting religion = getting rid of problems is like saying that getting rid of (insert weapon here) will get rid of violence.

The_Reaper
07-24-2009, 12:14 PM
As that Alien, if I didn't believe in a creator before (why an alien would be superior is for you to decide!) I surely would now, so to me, I would ask, "Who created these Aliens? How would one species have so many ways of communicating, modes of habitat, diversity in behaviour etc... yet the other species on this same planet have set rules by which they live... there are fewer variations in other species, so why so many? SO MANY!!!

Alhamdulillah...there is clearly only one God and He must have sent messengers to declare Himself and invite His creation to give thanks and praise.

No alien would be that dumb, sorry.
The alien would be smart enough to realise evolution by natural selection created the aliens.

This is the problem with applying concepts to God and then clinging to them. All the logic in the world can't explain God since it logic is dualistic in nature (which is useful, but only to a point), which if clung to leads you to a one sided stance that defies that which is before your eyes - creation. Of course saying who created God then (?) makes logical sense, but you end up denying what is right before you if you fall into the trap. The simple answer is that God is not limited to human concepts of logic. If you take a hard line stance, you are basically making a statement from which you have no concrete ground to base it. What you end up with then is a bunch of meaningless ramblings about nothing based on a bunch of assumptions. Hard line atheist are identical to hard line fundamentalist.

You don't need "logic" to see that god is an absurd delusion. Basic sense, reason, and thinking are enough. The folly of teh philosoperz.

And then gets replaces by racial, tribal, political, economical, or cultural wrangling. People don't need, never have, and never will need a logical reason to fight. Saying that getting religion = getting rid of problems is like saying that getting rid of (insert weapon here) will get rid of violence.

I didn't say it would cure all ills, or even any. I just said the confusion disappears - why would a god allow such suffering, why would he create minds capable of sending people to hell, the problem of evil, determinism and free will, blah blah. So many countless intellects have been wasted on retarded questions about invented myths.

There is no god. Snap out of your delusions, folks.

Barry Bonds
07-24-2009, 01:09 PM
and I say the "confusion" is on you.

The_Reaper
07-24-2009, 01:23 PM
and I say the "confusion" is on you.

Well, religion is a way of dealing with the bewildering complexity of the world, by narrowing all this complexity to a simple little pre-packaged paradigm, soothing the worries, making people feel secure and purposeful.

"Theological confusion", however, is something else. You'll find those words in the thread title.

IraHays
07-24-2009, 01:26 PM

You will be singing a different tune when you are being butt f*cked in hell by Satan.

Jericho17
07-24-2009, 01:27 PM
pay no mind to the OP

it was just a couple incredible statements with the intention of asserting authority, supremecy and enlightenment to persuade others of his own self worth and that he should be envied :D pretty much, what we all do in one way or another.

...but Christians are dumb and weak cause they believe in fairy tale and use it as a crutch to get through life... [shrug]

we're all broke, we all seek being fixed
reaper wants you tell him he's special, I want you to see my point of view

in the end, it doesn't really matter
(I tried so hard...to lose it all :p )

really? LMAO

The_Reaper
07-24-2009, 01:28 PM
You will be singing a different tune when you are being butt f*cked in hell by Satan.

The problem with that statement is that hell doesn't exist either.

IraHays
07-24-2009, 01:30 PM
The problem with that statement is that hell doesn't exist either.

me in a 100 years = baning virgins

you = getting skull f*cked by demons.

have fun.

Jericho17
07-24-2009, 01:30 PM

I dated a mormon girl once , nice people!

Jericho17
07-24-2009, 01:31 PM

have fun.

oh man , really nasty
but gave me a good laugh lol

Queequeg
07-24-2009, 01:32 PM

have fun.

dude why do you wanna bang virgins? their crap in bed

The_Reaper
07-24-2009, 01:33 PM

have fun.

You in a hundred years: being eaten by maggots

Me: being eaten by maggots

Nothing beats banin virgins.

IraHays
07-24-2009, 01:34 PM

for the lulz of course.

Mtguy8787
07-24-2009, 01:35 PM

In heaven, you have all the time in the world to break them in.

Queequeg
07-24-2009, 01:36 PM
In heaven, you have all the time in the world to break them in.

surely though you only get to sleep with them once as after which they are not virgins, your trapped in a endless cycle of akward sex.....lol