PDA

View Full Version : So did Buerhle choke?

Reedfense
07-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Theoretically, the dude gave up a homerun in the 9th inning of a perfect game.

Thoughts?

ChicagoCubz
07-23-2009, 08:04 PM
I believe the word you're looking for is technically.

beer n brats
07-23-2009, 08:05 PM
no. perfect games and no hitters take great defensive plays, unless you K 27 batters.

brb_baseball
07-23-2009, 08:05 PM
nope, that's the beauty of a perfect game, the miniscule line it is between a good start and baseball history

ChicagoCubz
07-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Would of been ****ed up if the Sux lost the game.

GrizzStrength
07-23-2009, 08:07 PM
I find it funny that wise got more props and coverage than buehrle did

Reedfense
07-23-2009, 08:12 PM

Well you kinda have to look at it that way. Wise DID save the game, cause not every CF can make that play and cover the amount of distance that he did. But on the other hand, Buerhle pitched an amazing game... And theres no "perfect game saving play" in the stat books. Wise may get the credit now, but it'll always be remembered as Buerhle's day.

tsunami332
07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
buerhle gives alot of people motivation.

I bet he was the only person to get cut from his highschool team twice and throw 2 no hitters

Elwood83
07-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Would of been ****ed up if the Sux lost the game.

It's happened before. In 2006 I wanna say, Freddy Garcia threw a 1 hitter and we lost the game (that one hit being a solo HR)

Grind4Mine
07-23-2009, 09:03 PM

Thoughts?

Alright your right, a not so perfect, perfect game...I wish I knew how to type in the rolls eeyes image holy ****

SpiderSense
07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
I want to respond to your question but I don't want to feed the trolls.

Decisions decisions.

BrawnySwoleman
07-23-2009, 10:13 PM
lol

yanksbgood
07-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Yup, he did. Im sure in every other perfect game there were no good defensive plays made. In fact, for a game to be considered perfect the pitcher must get every guy out by himself. If anyone helps him, its not a perfect game. Baseball, after all, is not a team sport. (SARCASM)

LiftHeavy85
07-24-2009, 12:33 AM
no hitters and perfect games do not require any defensive plays from anyone besides the pitcher.

Op would have liked it if the pitcher not only pitched the ball but also ran to the CF and caught it.

GPx
07-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Choke? Out of your fuking mind.

Reedfense
07-24-2009, 06:33 AM
HAHA lots of sox fans in these last few posts.

NYY
07-24-2009, 07:41 AM

Thoughts?

Theoretically, every hit ball in a perfect game could have been a hit or an error.

There are almost always excellent defensive plays(Like the one Wise made) in perfect games.

Max~Power
07-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Theoretically, every hit ball in a perfect game could have been a hit or an error.

There are almost always excellent defensive plays(Like the one Wise made) in perfect games.

Theoretically, I agree with you.

bustermac
07-24-2009, 08:51 AM

Thoughts?

You're a massive idiot.

Rays fan?

bustermac
07-24-2009, 08:52 AM

As a Sox fan, I know Wise usually sucks. It's unexpected to see him make a great play.

We expect greatness from Buehrle.

Reedfense
07-24-2009, 09:54 AM
You're a massive idiot.

Rays fan?

lol I'm not trying to take anything away from what he did, but the dude had it on lock and he pitched a ball that 90% of the time would have been a home run. And no, I'm not a rays fan. Not really even a baseball fan, I just follow it.

weakguy
07-24-2009, 09:55 AM
You're a massive idiot.

Rays fan? He actually brings up a very good point. Technically he basically gave up a HR. It will never be remembered that way, but if there were brick walls there than there would be no perfect game.

jcilla26
07-24-2009, 10:12 AM
He actually brings up a very good point. Technically he basically gave up a HR. It will never be remembered that way, but if there were brick walls there than there would be no perfect game.

How did he basically give up a homerun? A homerun entails a run(s) being scored, which obviously didn't happen. Either he gave up a homerun or he didn't. If there was a brick wall he still could have jumped up to catch it.

weakguy
07-24-2009, 10:17 AM
How did he basically give up a homerun? A homerun entails a run(s) being scored, which obviously didn't happen. Either he gave up a homerun or he didn't. If there was a brick wall he still could have jumped up to catch it. if you honestly don't see the point being brought up you're an idiot. Take off the blinders. If it were a brick wall you can't really dig your cleats into the wall to help you climb.

jcilla26
07-24-2009, 10:20 AM
if you honestly don't see the point being brought up you're an idiot. Take off the blinders. If it were a brick wall you can't really dig your cleats into the wall to help you climb.

Ok, since Wrigley Field is right next to gay town, technically every fan that attends Cubs games are gay, right? Take off the blinders man. Wise caught the ball, a homerun wasn't technically allowed. We could sit here and make up off the wall **** all day.

weakguy
07-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Ok, since Wrigley Field is right next to gay town, technically every fan that attends Cubs games are gay, right? Take off the blinders man. Wise caught the ball, a homerun wasn't technically allowed. We could sit here and make up off the wall **** all day. You seriously don't understand the OPs point? That ball was leaving the yard. It was going over the fence. That's it, buehrle let someone hit the ball hard enough to go over the fence. Do you understand that or do you want me to draw you a picture.

jcilla26
07-24-2009, 10:32 AM
You seriously don't understand the OPs point? That ball was leaving the yard. It was going over the fence. That's it, buehrle let someone hit the ball hard enough to go over the fence. Do you understand that or do you want me to draw you a picture.

I understand it completely, but can you draw a picture? I think it'll help me understand better. So when Zambrano pitched the no-hitter, I'm sure somebody hit the ball which required a play, right? So techinally, every pitcher that has thrown a perfect game and a no-hitter choked because they got hit? The fact of the matter is, it WASN'T a homerun.

weakguy
07-24-2009, 10:35 AM
I understand it completely, but can you draw a picture? I think it'll help me understand better. So when Zambrano pitched the no-hitter, I'm sure somebody hit the ball which required a play, right? So techinally, every pitcher that has thrown a perfect game and a no-hitter choked because they got hit? The fact of the matter is, it WASN'T a homerun. Why do you keep bringing up the cubs? wtf does that have to do with anything.

yay you understand the point. *clap* i think it's time for your nap now, you've worked hard.

jcilla26
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Why do you keep bringing up the cubs? wtf does that have to do with anything.

yay you understand the point. *clap* i think it's time for your nap now, you've worked hard.

Because maybe then you would start being realistic. Wrigley is right next to gay town, so people that go to Wrigley, technically must be gay. That is the same thing as Wise robbed Gabler of a homerun, so technically Buehrle didn't have a perfect game. I don't know man, I still can't grasp the concept. Can you draw a picture? I mean, just to understand completely what you're saying, I think it'll help.

weakguy
07-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Because maybe then you would start being realistic. Wrigley is right next to gay town, so people that go to Wrigley, technically must be gay. That is the same thing as Wise robbed Gabler of a homerun, so technically Buehrle didn't have a perfect game. I don't know man, I still can't grasp the concept. Can you draw a picture? I mean, just to understand completely what you're saying, I think it'll help. Yup and everyone at the cell is on welfare, paying child support and fresh out of jail, maybe that's why you guys can't sell out. Stop bringing up random crap, i have nothing against buehrle. It was an awesome game to watch.

jcilla26
07-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Yup and everyone at the cell is on welfare, paying child support and fresh out of jail, maybe that's why you guys can't sell out. Stop bringing up random crap, i have nothing against buehrle. It was an awesome game to watch.

Kind of like the random crap that Buehrle "choked?"

panic91984
07-24-2009, 10:58 AM
It's happened before. In 2006 I wanna say, Freddy Garcia threw a 1 hitter and we lost the game (that one hit being a solo HR)

hmm, i was at a game in 2006, where anthony reyes (cards) threw a one hitter and lost against the sox at the cell. that one hit being a jim thome bomb.

weakguy
07-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Kind of like the random crap that Buehrle "choked?" Where did i say he choked?

jcilla26
07-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Where did i say he choked?

Well that's the topic of this thread and you were agreeing with the OP's statement.

weakguy
07-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Well that's the topic of this thread and you were agreeing with the OP's statement. again, where did i say i agree he choked? i said he brings up a good point.

IraHays
07-24-2009, 11:05 AM

Thoughts?

My thoughts?

Negged for a retarded thread.

jcilla26
07-24-2009, 11:08 AM
again, where did i say i agree he choked? i said he brings up a good point.

Well you are insinuating he choked by agreeing with the OP.

NYY
07-24-2009, 11:57 AM
again, where did i say i agree he choked? i said he brings up a good point.

The OP brought up a ****ty point.