PDA

View Full Version : first day clean bulking

fatt2fitt
07-23-2009, 03:01 AM
ive been working hard but i havent been eating enough lately so i didnt see any results. I counted calories on fitday and took in ~3500 calories today

5 eggs
3 whole wheat bread
5 cups milk
2 cups brown rice
some chicken
about a cup of steamed brocoli
6 oz fish (tilapia)
12 tbsps peanut butter (am i over doing it on the pb? will it give me too much fat?)

how does this look? if i get positive reviews this will be my daily eating list

Katyastrophic
07-23-2009, 03:04 AM
You ought to include some whey protein. 12 tbsp. peanut butter..I'm not sure, but I think that in combination with carbs, that might cause fat storage.

imTKain
07-23-2009, 03:36 AM
Too much PB, too much milk, not enough meat, not enough fruit, not enough vegetables.

Cut 6 tbsp PB, cut 3 cups of milk, add 6-8 oz more meat, add 2 pieces of fruit, add 2 servings of vegetables.

Theenforcer1
07-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Too much PB, too much milk, not enough meat, not enough fruit, not enough vegetables.

Cut 6 tbsp PB, cut 3 cups of milk, add 6-8 oz more meat, add 2 pieces of fruit, add 2 servings of vegetables.
I agree about the PB- dont want that to be your only fat source, but I see nothing wrong with 5 cups of milk...

diversify your fat intake broseph.

imTKain
07-23-2009, 05:49 AM
I agree about the PB- dont want that to be your only fat source, but I see nothing wrong with 5 cups of milk...

5 cups of milk = 65 grams of sugar, not necessarily terrible, but more complex carbs or some nutrient diversification from another sugar source (fruits) wouldn't hurt.

determined4000
07-23-2009, 07:52 PM
ive been working hard but i havent been eating enough lately so i didnt see any results. I counted calories on fitday and took in ~3500 calories today

5 eggs
3 whole wheat bread
5 cups milk
2 cups brown rice
some chicken
6 oz fish (tilapia)
12 tbsps peanut butter (am i over doing it on the pb? will it give me too much fat?)

more lean protein, veggies, fruit, variety of fat
less milk, rice, PB

determined4000
07-23-2009, 07:55 PM

veggies,fruit and wholegrains> milk for carbs
oils, nuts > source of fat than milk's
chicken, tuna, whey > milk for protein

RapidFiyah
07-23-2009, 08:03 PM
chicken, tuna, whey > milk for proteinOils, nuts, veggies, fruit, chicken, tuna and whey don't contain nearly as much Vitamin D and Calcium as milk does. OP you can keep your milk, it's an easy and healthy way to pack on calories without having to stretch out your stomach. The protein, Vitamin D, Calcium, CLA and Vaccenic Acid are a pretty nice bonus. Don't listen to determined, he's just a paranoid, pathetic little guy.

determined4000
07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Oils, nuts, veggies, fruit, chicken, tuna and whey don't contain nearly as much Vitamin D and Calcium as milk does. OP you can keep your milk, it's an easy and healthy way to pack on calories without having to stretch out your stomach. The protein, Vitamin D, Calcium, CLA and Vaccenic Acid are a pretty nice bonus. Don't listen to determined, he's just a paranoid, pathetic little guy.

lol my whey has more mg calcium /scoop than 8oz milk

RapidFiyah
07-23-2009, 08:12 PM
lol my whey has more mg calcium /scoop than 8oz milkDoes your Whey have any fat?

determined4000
07-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Does your Whey have any fat?

trace amounts (label says 0)
microfiltrated isolate
why?

RapidFiyah
07-23-2009, 08:23 PM
trace amounts (label says 0)
microfiltrated isolate
why?Because without fat their is no way any reasonable amount of Calcium is getting absorbed by your body.

IEatPowerRacks
07-23-2009, 08:34 PM

5 eggs
3 whole wheat bread
5 cups milk
2 cups brown rice
some chicken
6 oz fish (tilapia)

Someone explain to me how this is clean? The only good micronutrient source he is really getting is the cup of steamed broccoli. I eat ice cream and snacks all the time and my diet is cleaner. You need to add more good veggies - sweet potatoes, spinach, turnips, beets, etc...

determined4000
07-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Because without fat their is no way any reasonable amount of Calcium is getting absorbed by your body.

its not as if I cant get fat somewhere else

determined4000
07-23-2009, 08:53 PM
im not here to say milk is evil
but
1. 5 cups isnt needed
2. cheese and CC are better dairy options as well

Das Gildenmeister
07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Someone explain to me how this is clean? The only good micronutrient source he is really getting is the cup of steamed broccoli. I eat ice cream and snacks all the time and my diet is cleaner. You need to add more good veggies - sweet potatoes, spinach, turnips, beets, etc...

egg whites are the purest source of protien you can get next to 100% whey protien shakes. whole wheat bread is a good source of carbs although i prolly would have stuck to Oats/granola.. maybe mix them with some fat free yogurt and cut out some of the milk. i even like to throw in some almonds/walnuts into the yogurt (delicious). <- that can help cut down on the PB. Tuna, Chicken, Tilapia... all great sources of protein. Possibly have some cottage cheese before bed (good source of casein protien). All in all, i think hes on the right track, just make some minor changes and throw in some more vegies/fruit.

you eating icecream and snacking all the time is cleaner...? fail.

fatt2fitt
07-25-2009, 03:24 AM
chicken, tuna, whey > milk for protein

your body is f*ckin gross dude, you look like you weigh 90 lbs with ur 10 inch arms, u have a long way to go before you can make suggestions and say almost everything im eating is wrong, kkthnxbye