PDA

View Full Version : Need help figuring out my daily calorie needs.

WeikiWeiki
07-22-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm trying to lose bodyfat and so I want to cut 1000cal off my maint calorie level. It's hard for me to figure out what that level is based on what I do. I know a few common formulas that determine what I need to break even every day without introducing daily activities.

I used this method - Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

I'm male
24 years old
I'm 6'3 (190.5cm)
I weigh 237lbs (107.5kg)

So my BMR = 66+ 1472 + 952.5 - 163 = 2327.5

Then I have to multiply that by an activity factor, and heres my problem..

I don't know what my activity level is. I work a 40 hour a week job as lead of a freight crew at costco. I lift boxes occasionaly, unload trucks with forklift, get carts from outside, walk around the store a LOT.

I Cardio roughly 3-4 times a week and I go to the gym 3 times a week. My Cardio is low intensity (75% of max heartrate?). I have been eating around 2500-2900 calories every day for a few days, then ill eat around 3500 after 3 days to reboost my metabolism. The past week i didn't lose any weight at all so I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. My diet is getting very clean, its not flawless yet but its getting there.

Wake up breakfast - Raisin bran or Oatmeal with Protein shake or eggs (nonfat milk) + scoop of flax

Second breakfast (3 hours later) - usually a lean meat with potatos and carrots or broccoli. Or nonfat cottage cheese with carrots and light ranch .

Lunch - Tuna sandwiches sometimes with or without cheese, and a romaine lettuce salad on the side. This changes to other foods sometimes I'll have natty peanut butter with strawberry jelly(natural) on wheat bread.

After lunch - usually cottage cheese again or chicken breast strips with another salad.

Dinner - Dinner is usually very small because i make my breakfast meals much bigger, so i wind down with some lowfat yogurt, glass of nonfat milk and some toast. or a little salmon.

I calculate all my calories and try to aim for under 3000, usually around 2500-2700. I pick my weekend days where i'm slightly less active to reboost my metabolism so I don't hit any kind of starvation mode.

I was at 246 and now i'm at 237 and i've been on this for about 2-3 months. i have had my cheat meals though..
Any help or suggestions would be great.