PDA

View Full Version : what protein source would be good pre-bed that's low in calcium?

justanothagirl
01-22-2007, 05:45 PM
because i take ZMA at night, and calcium inhibits the absorption of magnesium. so i don't want to eat any calcium at night.. usually i would have cottage cheese but so that's not possible. so what else would be slow digesting? i don't wanna buy casein protein powder cos i prefer to eat whole foods.

ldiaz117
01-22-2007, 05:51 PM
I would just go with the casein. I use Probolic SR 12.

SupaNatural
01-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Common practice is to take the ZMA 1/2 to an hour prior to you casein shake, but fish and veggies is a great pre-bed meal.

justanothagirl
01-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Common practice is to take the ZMA 1/2 to an hour prior to you casein shake.is the magnesium already absorped by then, then? will you still be able to sleep well? i just took my magnesium about 1/2 an hour ago should i have some cottage cheese now then?

ahh right... well i hmmm still have some shrimp in the fridge. aah man i already brushed my teeth.. ah man. oh well, shrimp and a celery stalk is that ok? and a salmon oil supp?

SupaNatural
01-22-2007, 05:56 PM
That I'm not 100% sure of. I'd give it an hour if you are that concerned but when I was using ZMA and did the 1/2 hr thing I did just fine. I did add that I prefer a fish and veggie meal to casein pre-bed.

justanothagirl
01-22-2007, 05:58 PM
hmm okay ill have some shrimp and celery then. it's pretty gross but okay.

SupaNatural
01-22-2007, 06:00 PM
hmm okay ill have some shrimp and celery then. it's pretty gross but okay.

Haha yeah that doesn't sound that good. We both must have been editing our messages as the other was typing. :)

I usually just throw some kinda fish in tomato sauce (I find tomato masks anything overly fishy quite well) and some kinda frozen veggie and nuke it. Canned sardines in tomato sauce is one of my favs.

justanothagirl
01-22-2007, 06:03 PM
hahaha yeah i think that musta happened :) thanks haha im having cold shrimp and a celery... heck i just hate cooking :p

SupaNatural
01-22-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm just glad I like to cook. :)

bravo03_old
01-22-2007, 06:54 PM
because i take ZMA at night, and calcium inhibits the absorption of magnesium. so i don't want to eat any calcium at night.. usually i would have cottage cheese but so that's not possible. so what else would be slow digesting? i don't wanna buy casein protein powder cos i prefer to eat whole foods.

ZMA is a waste, unless you dont get enough Zinc,Magnesium etc...

take the ZMA 45-1 hour before your CC

justanothagirl
01-23-2007, 03:13 AM
hmm yeah i probably don't get enough of that stuff. and most of all, it really helps me fall asleep. before i took it i always laid in bed for like an hour before i fell asleep but now it takes about 10 minutes. and i get into a really deep sleep as well. its good stuff.