PDA

View Full Version : Bystanders save family

markymark69
07-21-2009, 07:15 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/21/milwaukee.rescue/index.html#cnnSTCText

Maybe its a repost but man these people stepped up when it counted most....like most americans do (even if we disagree on R&P)

Blindead
07-21-2009, 07:17 PM
what do you mean like most americans do? have you ever seen the studies done on the bystander effect and diffusion of responsibility? i mean, most people aren't going to ignore a burning SUV, but generally speaking (and this has been demostrated in tons of studies) as long as there's someone else to "take care of it" most people will just walk on by. plus in states without good samaritan laws you can get ****ed over for trying to help someone.

mehdi84
07-21-2009, 07:31 PM
amazing story

markymark69
07-21-2009, 07:42 PM
what do you mean like most americans do? have you ever seen the studies done on the bystander effect and diffusion of responsibility? i mean, most people aren't going to ignore a burning SUV, but generally speaking (and this has been demostrated in tons of studies) as long as there's someone else to "take care of it" most people will just walk on by. plus in states without good samaritan laws you can get ****ed over for trying to help someone.

That does happen...and in this case...there were people standing around...but people do step up to the plate...consistently.

SydDaKillaKyd
07-21-2009, 07:44 PM
plus in states without good samaritan laws you can get ****ed over for trying to help someone.

very true.

stealth_swimmer
07-21-2009, 08:07 PM

of course. why would you expect everyone to help at the same time? That probably would impede gettin the job done as well. World ain't perfect, son