PDA

View Full Version : How to Stop Food Cravings

YesWeCan
07-21-2009, 04:42 PM
This is my favorite article on the subject, as the author gets straight to the point, and has no mercy for people who whine or give excuses as to why they can't stop eating junk.

Here are some of my favorite lines from the article, enjoy:

Next time your little food cravings start coming out, think about this. Look at the food and think, "What do I want more? the 5 seconds of enjoyment that I will have while I chew this food, or the enjoyment of the fact that 24 hours of everyday, 7 days of every week, I will have the body that I want to have." That is what it comes down to really, and let me tell you... no food tastes as good as that feeling feels.

Cheat days are the 1 day of the week where some people allow themselves to cheat a little from their diet and give into their food cravings, in moderation of course, kind of like a reward for the good work they did all week. Ya know what... BULL****! The hell with you and your cheat days. Your reward for sticking to your diet all week is 1 day of cheating? What kind of complete crap is this? Your reward for sticking to your diet all week is RESULTS! Remember them? They?re the reason that you are on this diet and working out in the first place. To get results!!! Not to have a cheat day at the end of the week.

Every food is ok as long as it's eaten in moderation. One candy bar won't hurt. One cookie won't hurt. One piece of junk food won't hurt. Oh, is that so? Will it help? No, it will not help. It is doing nothing good for you in any way possible. Therefore, it serves no purpose. You are giving into your cravings for 5 seconds of chewing enjoyment, and nothing more.

Here is the link: http://www.intense-workout.com/cravings.html

RapidFiyah
07-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Since we're talking about body composition I don't think a cup of broccoli would "help" either, stupid rant.

Dracoy
07-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Easier to keep a diet when you are psychologically sane instead of debating to eat or not to eat internally.

lee__d
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
i chew for longer than 5 seconds....maybe that's why he doesnt enjoy cheats

nano.ix
07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
drinking water
appetite suppressants
eat slowly

Holyspokes
07-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Since we're talking about body composition I don't think a cup of broccoli would "help" either, stupid rant.

Another wise post good sir.

JDkeystone
07-21-2009, 05:31 PM
i chew for longer than 5 seconds....maybe that's why he doesnt enjoy cheats

lol yeah, any cheat would be ruined by indigestion haha.

IanR1205
07-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Here's what I do when I get food cravings. First I figure out what food exactly I'm craving. Then I get a bunch of said food. Finally I eat it until the craving subsides. Works every time as long as you do it in that order.

xblackscreamsx
07-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Slow digestive protiens like casien, fat free unflavored greek yogurt has worked great for me I use imitation vanilla and 4 splenda to flavor it has 0 fat 9 grams of sugar and 23 grams of protien per serving and digests slowly too keep you full much longer. Also drink as much water as you can!