PDA

View Full Version : cereal question

Atomantium
04-16-2003, 04:20 PM
i saw in one of str8flexeds articles that he eats alot of raisin bran when bulking, is this a good idea? he also says to drink lots of milk before bed because the carbs in it are low gi but arent they hi insulin or something like that

Cardinal
04-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Milk does contain quite a bit of sugar and is high on the insulin index. Some people do just fine with it bulking however. If you are worried about that, a good economical alternative is fat free cottage cheese. You'll get a lot more protein and less sugar per serving.

In general, you have to take a person's individual diet with a grain of salt sometimes. Str8 I am sure will answer you, but I would bet money he gets great results using those two options. Others may not be able to use as much raisin bran and milk because of the generally high sugar content.

Many bodybuilders make dietary choices that are not always letter perfect and ultra conservative. It is the end result that counts. There are plenty of reasons to choose raisin bran and milk if they do not cause fat gain for you. Prior to bodybuilding I have gone through 5 boxes of raisin bran a week and at least 7 gallons of milk. The stuff just tastes too damn good!

Atomantium
04-16-2003, 08:40 PM
yeah, same here i love both of em. thanks for your input i appreciate it man