PDA

View Full Version : Is the Macronutrition Calculator Acurate?

JinNC
07-21-2009, 11:25 AM
I did a search but didn't find the answer to my question specifically so I'll ask here. I've started keeping a Daily Log of my workout routine as well as my daily intake of calories, protein, fat, etc... I found the Macronutrition calendar and used it and the numbers seem high to me.

I entered my body weight of 195 lbs and got:...

Calories - 3120
Protein - 312
Fat - 86
Carbs - 273

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks alot!

tabasco.sauce
07-21-2009, 11:26 AM
I did a search but didn't find the answer to my question specifically so I'll ask here. I've started keeping a Daily Log of my workout routine as well as my daily intake of calories, protein, fat, etc... I found the Macronutrition calendar and used it and the numbers seem high to me.

Calories Protein Fat Carbs

3120 312 86 273

Thanks alot!

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

try this one.. used the advanced options and enter your bodyfat for a more accurate estimate

coolmarine24
07-21-2009, 11:28 AM

Calories - 3120
Protein - 312
Fat - 86
Carbs - 273

Thanks alot!

seems like more protein than needed

JinNC
07-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the link! How can I find out my Body Fat (BF)? There's a person at the gym I go to that measures it with some kind of calipers. Is that the best way? Perhaps a gadget I can buy online to measure my own?

And, Yes, that protein profile is what raises my brow! According to what I've been reading from others intake, etc... in the forums; I don't need near the calculated amount of 300 +

Any suggestions as to what I really need in Protein?

Thanks!

x Idealist x
07-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the link! How can I find out my Body Fat (BF)? There's a person at the gym I go to that measures it with some kind of calipers. Is that the best way? Perhaps a gadget I can buy online to measure my own?

And, Yes, that protein profile is what raises my brow! According to what I've been reading from others intake, etc... in the forums; I don't need near the calculated amount of 300 +

Any suggestions as to what I really need in Protein?

Thanks!

1 - 1.5g per pound body weight.

JinNC
07-21-2009, 11:48 AM
195 X 1.5 grams. That comes to 292 grams per day for me. Still sounds high for some reason. I did a quick search on the Net for 'Protein Calculator' and visited three sites besides BB.com and they range from 103 grams per day up to well over 300. For some reason the site at MuscleTech.com seemed reasonable. My Macronutrition thing over there was:

Carbs = 310
Protein = 220
Fat = 74

jinnc