PDA

View Full Version : Getting REALLY frustrated-need some sort of healthy snack

Fitnessguy24
07-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Okay so my diet right now is extremely strict, being as I'm about three months out from my contest and I"m still 12 percent bodyfat. With that being said, I need to completely eliminate the junk food I take in. I was wondering, tho...what are some good snacks that I can eat in small amounts and not have them ruin my diet? Butter free popcorn seems to be the only thing that fits into my diet at the moment. And please, don't encourage me to cheat and eat whatever I want because that is definitely not going to happen.

dat
07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Jerky.

Nefariousx1
07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
make some sweet potato chips...it will take you time to make which will keep you busy and u can munch on them for a bit

aer_vlad
07-20-2009, 09:18 PM
An apple? I know that doesn't sound like cherry pie with whip cream, but I think a piece of fruit satisfies my sweet cravings and is very few calories (not calorie dense).

ErickStevens
07-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Just don't snack, bro. It's easy.

randomhero565
07-21-2009, 12:13 AM
sludge

poolshark472
07-21-2009, 12:26 AM
dark chocolate covered almonds.

Fire_mesiah
07-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Rice cakes are known to be good :)

JCLadson
07-21-2009, 03:14 AM
If you are having problems and craving now, it is going to be very hard for you to go through with the prep. Just do not loose focus of your goals and all the hardwork you have done to get there. You dont NEED snacks. Just restructure you diet to where you eat every 2-3 hours and not feeling like your starving yourself. If you are feeling like you are hungry all the time, you diet may not be set up correctly.

caj
07-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Okay so my diet right now is extremely strict, being as I'm about three months out from my contest and I"m still 12 percent bodyfat. With that being said, I need to completely eliminate the junk food I take in. I was wondering, tho...what are some good snacks that I can eat in small amounts and not have them ruin my diet? Butter free popcorn seems to be the only thing that fits into my diet at the moment. And please, don't encourage me to cheat and eat whatever I want because that is definitely not going to happen.

Unsalted Almonds are a great snack.

The_Animal11
07-21-2009, 07:20 AM
http://kashistore.com/imagesEdp/p92135b.jpg
if popcorn fits, this will too. same amount of net carbs. also rice cakes are good too.

also, if youre lookin for somethin to help fill you up, VEGGIES VEGGIES VEGGIES!!

celery, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, green beans, squash... so many possibilities.

if youre looking for sweeter stuff, stick with berries like blueberries and strawberries over other fruits like bananas and apples because of the low(er) carb content.

for a dessertish type thing, sugar free fudgesicles are only 40 cals, and sludge is great for killing cravings.

i do for the most part agree though that its best to just not snack. chew gum instead. keep yourself busy. if you feel like you're behind, maybe its a good idea to go for a walk instead if you are feeling hungry or the need to snack (also, flexing your abs hard and holding can help eliminate hunger!)

oh, and i wouldnt suggest jerky or almonds, jerky often has alot of extra carbs added in and almonds are very calorie dense.

in all honesty, at this point in your prep, 12% bodyfat is right on track IMO. also, if you're allowing yourself snacks your diet isnt that strict haha. but at 12 weeks out, you SHOULD have a little more leeway, and then closer to showtime, like 6-8 weeks out is probably when i would really tighten it up (weekly cheat meals are actually mentally very helpful at this point in your prep)

lorinelise
07-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Carrots and light ranch.
Sweet potato chips or butternut squash fries.
SF pudding cups (frozen is even better).
Cheerios.
String cheese.