PDA

View Full Version : Decalcifying teeth... bc of sugar or green tea?

slk110
07-18-2009, 10:25 AM
My dental hyginist said I eat too much sugar and it's decalcifying my teeth. I highly doubt her because she's a hygenist, and someone else said it might be from green tea. I highly doubt both of them but what do u guys think?

in10city
07-18-2009, 10:28 AM
My dental hyginist said I eat too much sugar and it's decalcifying my teeth. I highly doubt her because she's a hygenist, and someone else said it might be from green tea. I highly doubt both of them but what do u guys think?

You're good to go bro. They have no idea what they are talking about. They have no way of seeing eroded enamel.

Wait wut?

andrewcons
07-18-2009, 10:28 AM
It's definitely from sugar. Doesn't have to be sugar sugar but carbs in general. After eating carbs the pH in your mouth lowers and that's the ideal pH for bacteria to grow. In general you should brush your teeth or at least chew a proper gum after your meals to raise your pH back to normal.

psaljoug
07-18-2009, 10:37 AM
http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/07/unrefined-vs-refined-carbohydrates-and.html

slk110
07-18-2009, 01:05 PM
wow thanks for the info

Valjean
07-18-2009, 01:37 PM
From my hygenist (bs advice to other bsers =p) she says that tea and such won't hurt your teeth rather than just stain em. I would stick with the sugar, or maybe you just arn't brushing enough and the sugar has a long long time to do its dirty work.