PDA

View Full Version : Do u at least believe in a higher power?

randomguy20
07-17-2009, 11:42 AM
if not, why? at least like aliens or some more advanced beings. and, if you agree that those exist, why can't "God" be something like that? humans for example, look at what we've done in the last hundred years or so. cloning, messing with animals' genetics, etc. creating robots, in 100 or 200 years, think about how advanced they'll be, our space travel/knowledge. why not more advanced beings that created us? or set our galaxy in motion, or whatever.

Also, miracles in the bible.. we know SO LITTLE about our various things in our mind and what our true capabilities are. think about all these inventions we create, how we can sense peoples emotions, intuition, predict things based on what we know.

people can do crazy stuff, now imagine someone like Jesus or "God" who know everything, ALL knowledge, you don't see how they can perform what we see as miracles? Ever been to a magic show? but once u see how it's done, it's like AH, makes sense. it's all about clarity and perspective.

user5145
07-17-2009, 11:42 AM
No. There is no evidence.

OAD
07-17-2009, 11:44 AM

x2

See the James Randi Educational Foundation and their challenge.

Harbinger
07-17-2009, 11:46 AM
I believe in a higher power. She's called my mother and if I don't do as she wishes, she'll kick my ass! Other than that, no.

randomguy20
07-17-2009, 11:56 AM
some people act like all current science is all their is. like certain laws can never be bent or broken. and even under science, aliens are likely. and they can be anything. maybe they got secrets to life and can reincarnate or live forever, create planets/galaxies.

open ur mind, EVERYONE. understand that everything we read, are taught, and believe are not being seen with 100% clarity and the right perspective... try to look at stuff 10 feet in front of u at night, depending on the darkness, u'll barely see anything... put some night vision goggles or use a spotlight, then u'll see some stuff. if u have no night vision goggles or spotlight type things ur whole life though, and someone says hey, there's a cliff 10 steps in front of u, don't go there. u'll be like, bull.. i don't see anything. and u'll 100% believe that there's nothing there. hope i said that correctly.

point is, i don't believe "God" HAS to be as we are told, and how religious people believe, nor does science HAVE to be 100% correct.

whattheschmidt
07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
I believe there is a small possibility

but everything religions believe in and people pray to...LOL

randomguy20
07-17-2009, 12:05 PM

x2

See the James Randi Educational Foundation and their challenge.

I believe in a higher power. She's called my mother and if I don't do as she wishes, she'll kick my ass! Other than that, no.

I believe there is a small possibility

but everything religions believe in and people pray to...LOL

i can guarantee u this is a horrible way to find out TRUTH. u guys are going off ONLY what we currently know. 0 faith or imagination. and religious fanatics are crazy too, going off 0 science, and purely faith. both groups NEED to open their minds to other possibilities to find the truth. i guarantee science in a 100 years will be different than now. we'll find errors in current science and discover new stuff we can't imagine.

user5145
07-17-2009, 12:06 PM
some people act like all current science is all their is. like certain laws can never be bent or broken. and even under science, aliens are likely. and they can be anything. maybe they got secrets to life and can reincarnate or live forever, create planets/galaxies.

open ur mind, EVERYONE. understand that everything we read, are taught, and believe are not being seen with 100% clarity and the right perspective... try to look at stuff 10 feet in front of u at night, depending on the darkness, u'll barely see anything... put some night vision goggles or use a spotlight, then u'll see some stuff. if u have no night vision goggles or spotlight type things ur whole life though, and someone says hey, there's a cliff 10 steps in front of u, don't go there. u'll be like, bull.. i don't see anything. and u'll 100% believe that there's nothing there. hope i said that correctly.

point is, i don't believe "God" HAS to be as we are told, and how religious people believe, nor does science HAVE to be 100% correct.

Science is all there is at this current time. My mind is 100% open. If there is evidence for some phenomena, I will look into it with a critical mind. If it withstands the proper tests, it can be accepted.

user5145
07-17-2009, 12:08 PM
i can guarantee u this is a horrible way to find out TRUTH. u guys are going off ONLY what we currently know. 0 faith or imagination. and religious fanatics are crazy too, going off 0 science, and purely faith. both groups NEED to open their minds to other possibilities to find the truth. i guarantee science in a 100 years will be different than now. we'll find errors in current science and discover new stuff we can't imagine.

Tell me what benefit faith will provide us with?

Our current science is all we have, and it is highly unlikely that it will be found to be completely wrong. Just as Newton's laws of gravitation were expanded on with Einstein's Theory of General Relativity, scientific knowledge expaned, but nothing was proven false. Faulty science does not survive for very long.

Rune
07-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Sure, I believe in a higher power, it's called Nature, and we are both a part of it, and abide by it rules.

Bahai.Lifter
07-17-2009, 12:44 PM
if not, why? at least like aliens or some more advanced beings. and, if you agree that those exist, why can't "God" be something like that?

I'm sure there is other life out there. Even with intelligent aliens -- who created the alien? God. The alien is not all-powerful; it's part of creation. The only All-powerful One is the One outside of His Creation: God. By definition, God is not a material Being found in creation. He is totally exalted above the minds and imaginations of human beings, and of all created things.

OAD
07-17-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm sure there is other life out there. Even with intelligent aliens -- who created the alien? God. The alien is not all-powerful; it's part of creation. The only All-powerful One is the One outside of His Creation: God. By definition, God is not a material Being found in creation. He is totally exalted above the minds and imaginations of human beings, and of all created things.

Can you show me where in your scripture it says that God created lifeforms elsewhere?

Harbinger
07-17-2009, 12:55 PM

Ya know, sometimes I think you're OK and other times I really think you need to drink the red Kool-Aid.

Bahai.Lifter
07-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Ya know, sometimes I think you're OK and other times I really think you need to drink the red Kool-Aid.

Never Kool-Aid, bad for getting cut brah. :D

Bahai.Lifter
07-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Can you show me where in your scripture it says that God created lifeforms elsewhere?

I would be happy to, my brother:

"Thou hast, moreover, asked Me concerning the nature of the celestial spheres. To comprehend their nature, it would be necessary to inquire into the meaning of the allusions that have been made in the Books of old to the celestial spheres and the heavens, and to discover the character of their relationship to this physical world, and the influence which they exert upon it. Every heart is filled with wonder at so bewildering a theme, and every mind is perplexed by its mystery. God, alone, can fathom its import. The learned men, that have fixed at several thousand years the life of this earth, have failed, throughout the long period of their observation, to consider either the number or the age of the other planets. Consider, moreover, the manifold divergencies that have resulted from the theories propounded by these men. Know thou that every fixed star hath its own planets, and every planet its own creatures, whose number no man can compute." (Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, LXXXII)

Fernando12
07-17-2009, 01:05 PM

How does faith and imagination on any level lead to truth?