PDA

View Full Version : early morning empty stomach work out, pls help.

dingweding
07-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Hello guys and girls, i am new here. My first post :-) need some help!

Recently, because of personal reason, i have to move my training to the early morning. i heard it will cause muscle loss, and i think it has already happened ? or maybe i just paranoid.

the main problem is, i notice i have no energy, i struggle to lift the normal weight i used to do easily.

i try to drink some protein shake before i left home, but it does not help.

i am 5 feet 8, about 81 kg, 15% bodyfat, training Bill Starr 5x5

any suggestion is appreciated :-)

trevatandy
07-17-2009, 02:10 AM

Recently, because of personal reason, i have to move my training to the early morning. i heard it will cause muscle loss, and i think it has already happened ? or maybe i just paranoid.

the main problem is, i notice i have no energy, i struggle to lift the normal weight i used to do easily.

I always heard that you get a lot of energy from carbohydrates so breads and stuff may help with your energy problem.

dingweding
07-17-2009, 02:31 AM
I always heard that you get a lot of energy from carbohydrates so breads and stuff may help with your energy problem.

thanks, but i can not go to gym after i eat some complex carbohydrates, they need time to digest. i was told you need at least 2 hours before you can train after you eat bread, rice etc.

trevatandy
07-17-2009, 02:33 AM
thanks, but i can not go to gym after i eat some complex carbohydrates, they need time to digest. i was told you need at least 2 hours before you can train after you eat bread, rice etc.

HMmmm Ive actually never heard that. I personally don't think it matters but I am no nutritional expert.

dick_fliehr
07-17-2009, 03:50 AM
hmm I have a question regarding workout nutrition...I think the best route of action would be to skip the workout nutrition sticky and just start a new thread. I won't even run a search on a topic that has been discussed extensively on these boards.

JolietKev
07-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Try SP250 an hour before you workout.

dfast
07-17-2009, 04:30 AM
If you consume adequate calories during the day then working out on an empty stomach in the morning will not 'lead to muscle loss'. You are, essentially, 'using it' and therefore it would be unwise of your body to catabolize muscle. Which takes a lot longer than an hour or whatever working out. Try coffee pre-workout, or getting up half an hour earlier to give yourself more time to wake up so that you can eat something.

ksheab
07-17-2009, 05:12 AM
from january to may i had to do my workouts at 5am. and so at 4:30am i took my pre-w energizers and supplements. if i woke up right away (4am) i immediately had maltodextrin or a banana and some whey.

right b4 entering the gym i took some bcaa's.
in my car, after the workout, i took my premade post-w supplements in water.

initially, it can be a pain, but, like many things it becomes much easier as you develop a routine.

snorkelman
07-17-2009, 06:13 AM

then drink a carb...and there is no need to sit around for 2 hours after eating...whomever told you that probably also didn't let you go in a pool after you ate either, right?

stevekick
07-17-2009, 06:21 AM
For me I workout the best on an empty stomach. I just drink a quick protein shake and go workout. If I actually eat breakfast or lift later in the day I feel like junk trying to work out.

belairdfence99
07-17-2009, 06:35 AM

2 hours? Hell, I feel the energy of a potato 15 minutes after I eat it. You need to eat a big dinner the night before as well to help jumpstart you, you shouldn't be waking up hungry. A good breakfast for example would be a cup of oatmeal mixed with some whey and a banana. Preworkout and PWO are when you want to give your body the most food, you have to eat something. Don't worry about digestion, you'll feel the energy.

zinghigh89
07-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Or just try something for preworkout. I know people that wake up take a dose of n.o. explode and go the gym 30 minutes later

Flex500
07-17-2009, 07:14 AM

you do not have to wait two hours after eating carbs to workout. You are going to have to eat if you want to feel better in the gym. you don't need to eat 200 grams of carbs in the morning before hand but just have like a serving of oats and protein.

Hell even a damn bowl of cereal would be better. Protein shake is great but you need carbs.

double gonad
07-17-2009, 07:26 AM
I eat a pretty large, slow-digesting meal right before bed and have some BCAA's when I wake up; I start training about 10 minutes after that, sometimes for an hour. Seems to work for me.

Perhaps you could eat a bit more before bed.

dingweding
07-19-2009, 02:01 AM
if you eat a big meal before you go to bed the previous day, u do have the energy to do morning, but u will put on quite a lot fat because of the per-bed meal.

i will drink some protein, some dextrose, some BSN Volumaize, maybe 1 or2 banana.

as i do not drink coffee, otherwise i will drink some.

i am afraid if i eat more, the digestion system will work hard instead of muscle :-)

ovidiu
07-19-2009, 02:25 AM
Hey,
Working out in the morning sounds like a great idea.
Since your energy levels are depleted after 8 hours of sleep, you need to recharge. Just get a preworkout meal of simple carbs + protein, and you are good to go :)