PDA

View Full Version : Getting back on track

Steph_Ard
07-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Ok I did my first competition June 13 And ever since then I really don't know what to do with myself so my diet has gotten really sloppy and I am packing on the pounds how do I stop this and get back on track

TheMuss
07-17-2009, 01:49 AM
Hi,

I am in the same boat as you. I got to my best shape ever about just over a month ago, and in one single month I have managed to gain all the weight back. I don't really know what happened I just snapped.

Everyone gets back on track in different ways. You can:

a) Throw yourself back into your routine immediatley. That means no excuses, no wimping out and getting the job done. Be prepared to suffer hard for a few days because your body will be in a HUGE comfort zone and won't want to budge that easily.

b) Start slow again, set small daily achieveable goals, and before you know it you'll be back on the road to success.

I am choosing option A to get back into it. Only because if I tiptoe around it, my mind will concieve ways to rationalise me pussing out. I thrive off hardcore military like discipline anyway so it's all good.

Best of luck, and I hope you get back on your feet ASAP!

Raw_and_vital
07-17-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm so far off track it's not even funny!!! It's kind of depressing!

I'm changing that though!

DanielDC
07-18-2009, 06:48 AM
I am experiencing a similar chaotic situation on progress. I'll be brief with my own case, only to illustrate it: as far as I know myself in serious gym fitness (2 years or so) my goal at heart was always to look leaner.

Details; you can skip this paragraph:
I was about 81kg when I wanted to see my abs, after a long one year of intense fat loss (was over the 30% digit, dropped to around 14%ish). since then I didn't stop gaining weight. Thanks to my intense way of lifting, a lot of this weight was clearly muscle. I was suddenly bulking overweight, and not wanting actually to bulk but to cut. Right now I'm about 94kg (plus creatine cycle and high carbs) and looking fatty. Glad with the muscles, but their worth little when covered by about 20% of fat.

It seems that the constant stress put over the body (trought cutting) challenges reason's consistence little by little and, after a long period of time, a strong psychologic resistance to the idea of "cutting" actually builds up. Once there is a single detour on the "healthy" habits, this vulnerability takes place as exaustion, preventing further endeavors of tiresome fatloss, and actually reinforcing the recovering of former fat. This is highly demotivational and bound to creating a sad vicious cycle.

It seems that this is frequent when leaping from an extreme to another, this so weird "snap" which, in my case, is lasting well over than 6 months. Hope I can get out of that as soon as possible.