PDA

View Full Version : How did you find a routine that worked for you?

CaliforniaKing
07-16-2009, 01:59 AM
When you got serious about gaining muscle and getting stronger, how did you find a routine that worked for you? Did you stall on lifts very quickly? Did you ever feel like giving up? Etc..

-So I made this thread just to try and get some motivation going. I've been working out for a couple of years now, but just recently got serious about getting stronger just about 3-4 months ago, when my first bulk started. Long story short, it hasn't been going well and, to be honest, I feel extremely hopeless at the moment..The dedication and will is there, but I just can't seem to find a routine that works for me as well as I hoped. I just keep stalling on my lifts and just get more and more confused and overwhelmed when I try to learn more about lifting. I believe I know a little more than the average person (probably not more than most of you guys at this forum), but it doesn't translate well when I implement it myself.

Anyways, leave some input. It'll be really interesting reading your personal experiences!

3000RT
07-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Honestly for my first few months I just had fun with it. Looked up exercises on BB.com/Youtube and see what I liked. Ended up trying alot of new exercises and made some new ones myself with alot of variations. Made going to the gym not a chore but something I looked foward to doing.

I did feel like giving up in the begining but I always remembered my goals and dreams(I want to join the military so fitness was very important to get better at now instead of later) and being skinny/fat was not part of my future.

Always set goals. Without them it is very easy to make excuses and drop it all together. EDIT If you set goals and dont achieve in the time frame you orig set see why you didnt achieve and fix. Everyone on this forum is always changing their workout