PDA

View Full Version : Girls messing my motivation..

rugby-04
07-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi,

For the last year I've been doing a lot of light weight training and boxing. Ive always been fairly skinny but this helped me get a lot more cut, anyways next year Im hoping to play football and for the last month Ive been weight training very seriously to be in the best shape of my life by tryouts (september first)

Anyways, during all of this Ive had several friends that are girls. The other day they came up to me, and they told me not to get any bigger because then if i got more muscular i would look disgusting.

This really shook my confidence and has had horrible effects on my motivation, Ive gone from working out daily to only working out 3 times in the last 10 days. I hate that im not at the gym, but when I go I just dont have the desire to work hard

Any advice on how i can get through this?

Thanks

kc303
07-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, dont be a bitch and let some ugly sluts effect your personal goals and lifting. Who gives a **** what they thing about your looks? When you get the jacked fibres goin on and killin QBs you'll have all the female attention you could ask for. So tell them to worry about their own body and leave you the hell alone. When you lift dont think about the skanks think about the upcomming season brah.

johnderriLLL
07-15-2009, 04:17 AM
get a new girl. one who supports you. nuff said.

AshNZ
07-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Who bloody cares what she says? You've got your goals and aspirations and you should stick to them. Never forget that your goals are primary. Girls are secondary.

Besides they/she's probably just scared/insecure that when you look muscular/more attractive they won't be good enough for you. So to keep you at their level they are saying this. Don't listen to them bro!!!!! Keep your goals a top priority.

saint sinner x
07-15-2009, 04:34 AM
Hi,

For the last year I've been doing a lot of light weight training and boxing. Ive always been fairly skinny but this helped me get a lot more cut, anyways next year Im hoping to play football and for the last month Ive been weight training very seriously to be in the best shape of my life by tryouts (september first)

Anyways, during all of this Ive had several friends that are girls. The other day they came up to me, and they told me not to get any bigger because then if i got more muscular i would look disgusting.

This really shook my confidence and has had horrible effects on my motivation, Ive gone from working out daily to only working out 3 times in the last 10 days. I hate that im not at the gym, but when I go I just dont have the desire to work hard

Thanks

What a women says and does are two different things, someone who is masculine, with big chest well proportion shoulders and a wide back, small waist etc with a low bodyfat of course will get more attention from the girls then a skinny punk who's just cut. Girls like low bodyfat, doesn't matter if your buff and so on, now I think that they think your going to get huge like professional bodybuilders but most people cannot get like that naturally anyway. Another thing, don't workout for the girls, workout for yourself, vanity is part of it, I understand however your motives must be for the right reasons otherwise you won't last long in the name of the iron.....

tomo25mcr
07-15-2009, 10:01 AM
get to the gym and keep feeling good about yourself, maybe them girls like skinny guys but theres a lot what like a bit of muscle

OscarGortez
07-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Yeah, dont be a bitch and let some ugly sluts effect your personal goals and lifting.

reps

Throwdown515
07-15-2009, 11:53 AM
haha they dont know what they are saying. even if you tried you wont reach that "enormous bodybuilder" look that a lot of girls don't like, without the juice. Keep lifting and I guarantee those same girls are gonna come back to you in about 3 months when your even more jacked and they are gonna love it.

derf87
07-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Working out to appear attractive to girls is a sure way to end up quitting. In fact, working out for any reason other than personal achievement is usually bound to end in quitting.

I know friends that would stop working out because they got a girlfriend. One actually said "Oh, I have a girlfriend now, so I don't need to go to the gym".

Personally, my girlfriend probably wishes I spent less time working out (and definitely wishes I ate less strictly, lol)... It would be easy to give it up, but I'd never want to.

My motivation is the personal competition. It's about bettering yourself. Setting a new personal record for a bench press or a squat or watching yourself get bigger or leaner.

You need to enjoy the gym for yourself, not for someone else. That's the only way to stay motivated for the long run.

th3_original
07-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah, dont be a bitch and let some ugly sluts effect your personal goals and lifting. Who gives a **** what they thing about your looks? When you get the jacked fibres goin on and killin QBs you'll have all the female attention you could ask for. So tell them to worry about their own body and leave you the hell alone. When you lift dont think about the skanks think about the upcomming season brah.

Tell him how you really feel. lol

AndrewCa
07-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Bro.. F**K that gurl... Trust me, when your jacked you get more girls looking at you... I'm not saying bodybuilding big.... For myself Working out is number1, girls number 2... take a walk at the beach with your shirt off and you'll see how many girls will be eyeing you.. I have a lot of girl friends and they all tell me they like buff guys.... If I were you, I'll take her word as more motivation to train even harder at the gym....

Mateo74
07-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I agree with everyone here. You are 17 years old. Bi***es will come and go and if she is stopping you from acheiving your personal goals then she fits in the B***h category. Stay focused, lift weights, and crack skulls on the gridiron you will have women beggin to wash your jock strap.

Human Rocket
07-15-2009, 02:30 PM

In two years, you will likely be at college and won't be doing anything with any of these girls. So why should their opinion matter in the long run?

DuLac
07-15-2009, 03:54 PM
The reason they said those things is because they're completely ignorant.

They believe that just lifting weights for a few months will turn you into Ronnie Coleman, they have no idea what it takes to become truly big. That is another reason women won't work out or refuse to do any weight training. Ignorance.

In reality, as long as you aren't doing anything illegal, you'll only get to a certain size, and only then after like 10 years of solid training with an emphasis on hypertrophy.

Get to working out, and when you go to college, the women there will be much more appreciative of your work-ethic. I guarantee it.

StuartH.
07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Who cares what they say. If their really your friends then your appearance doesn't matter, its your personality. Plus for every girl that doesn?t like muscle there?s bound to be a few that do so screw 'em

Rolo01
07-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Your doing it for yourself and football, not girls. So, don't worry about what some girls say.

MrDANNY
07-15-2009, 06:14 PM
there will always be more girls! dont worry bout them

masterspaz
07-15-2009, 09:01 PM
when they get older they will crave for a body like yours... keep your mind set on the big picture

FutureHench
07-16-2009, 03:20 AM
I'm interested to know how big you are now man.. You must be massive if getting any bigger would make you look disgusting!

DuLac
07-16-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm interested to know how big you are now man.. You must be massive if getting any bigger would make you look disgusting!

At 6'4" and 184, he's 6 pounds lighter than me and 4" taller. I guarantee he doesn't look massive at all.

sykesy123
07-16-2009, 01:21 PM
they say that because they think if you get any bigger youl get veins popping out
and besides, they are girls
they havent got a clue what they want anyways

rite2bcreative
07-16-2009, 01:24 PM
psh. i think guys with muscles are hot. not only for their body, but for the obvious determination and detication. keep training :]

slimwealthy1
07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
yo man just wait until you get to college you'll be getting puss. high school girls want the skinny guy, college girls start respecting those muscles

slimwealthy1
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
At 6'4" and 184, he's 6 pounds lighter than me and 4" taller. I guarantee he doesn't look massive at all.

he could have a lot more muscle and a lot less fat

PoweredByCoffee
07-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi,

Thanks

(Sorry if this has been mentioned already)

They're just scared that your physical transformation is going to cause a social transformation too that'll affect their relationship with you. When girls' guyfriends are receiving a lot of attention from other girls (and liking it), their jealously skyrockets and they feel like their importance to you is being threatened. Keep at it :)

mycoolhamm
07-16-2009, 04:34 PM
life is too short to care what people think about you.

p.s. has more muscle ever made anyone look bad?

Dennis71
07-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi,

Thanks

not to sound sexist...

but realize some of the things women do... i mean most of them jus tear each other part when they are not there

they are foolish.. clowns..
dont listen to a damn thing they say... most of them dont know jack **** and if u wanna keep getting bigger.. Do so. dont let a bunch of hoes determine what u are gonna do with your health

Daywalker3
07-16-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't know that it's even quite as big of a deal as most of the guys on here have made it out to be. You can probably get by with a lot less than "screw em" or "don't listen to a word they say". It sounds like these girls are your friends and I doubt they really meant anything rude by it, so probably best to not just ditch your friends for that comment.

First off, if you want to work out, build muscle, play football, etc., do it! Do what is going to make you happy because at the end of the day the only person you need to please is yourself.

If your girl friends say something about it again, I'd just say something like "oh don't worry I'll be sure to keep looking good for you girls" and keep going about your business. I guarantee that if you keep working toward your goals, at the very least, 4 out of 5 of those girls will think you look better anyway, no matter what they're saying now.

Hope you find the right advice you're looking for man ...

D3th 2 Aw3
07-16-2009, 11:19 PM
You're 6'4" 184 lbs... Those girls are on crack. Keep bulking up.

localstommy
07-17-2009, 01:02 AM
See your not at our level yet. Your going to get to a certain level of training that impressing girls are secondary. Your doing it for you and no one else! More muscle = more girls. You don't quite know how girls work do you? They say one thing, but means another. Never try impress a girl, Impress yourself and you will impress them. Girls come and go, but your dreams doesn't wait for you. Im not talking about Olympians, those are crazy. Keep working man. Which is more important your dreams or girls.

Cracksolja
07-17-2009, 05:36 AM
Take a lpage out of my book, IGNORE THEM!

I was with my girl for 3 yrs, she was all like

"ohh you work 9 - 5:30"
"then you go the gym till like 8 PM I never see you"

"I'm all like what you stresssin I come down for 2 hours after the gym"

"thats not enough"

her mum gets involved givin me allllll that!

Simple response

"If you dont like it f**k off, I train because it keeps me happy, I dont wanna be no 70 yr old fat guy with a siamese cat lonely all my life, I wanna be big, heallthy, and feel good about myself"

If she or they cant respect that there not worth it

Im now happily single for just over a year now, as they say bi**hes come bi**hes go...

Ignore what they say if being the gym makes you happy and feel good then keep at it, dont drop it because of what they say your doing it for you and nobody else.

Peace !

Haybales
07-17-2009, 06:11 AM
if i had listened to every person who told me not to lift coz "big muscles on anyone is ugly" and what not, i would be a very unhappy, skinny(er) little girl.

getting bigger makes me happy, smashing pbs in the gym makes me happy, eating makes me happy. anyone who tries to change my ways can GET FUKED! =]

don't listen to the idiots. really not worth it.

Cracksolja
07-17-2009, 07:04 AM
if i had listened to every person who told me not to lift coz "big muscles on anyone is ugly" and what not, i would be a very unhappy, skinny(er) little girl.

getting bigger makes me happy, smashing pbs in the gym makes me happy, eating makes me happy. anyone who tries to change my ways can GET FUKED! =]

don't listen to the idiots. really not worth it.

You just keep doing what your doing your stunning.

Haybales
07-18-2009, 08:21 AM
You just keep doing what your doing your stunning.thanks mate =]

HOsBEEF
07-18-2009, 12:18 PM
start working out for yourself instead of for other peoples opinions. if you dont want more muscle then cool, but if you wanna look like Mr olympia thats cool too. you gotta do it for yourself cause when you start doing it for someone else is when its easy to get demotivated

Hi,

Thanks

vompy
07-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Maybe the girls you hang out with are weird or something? Cause all my girlfriends love guys with muscles.

1337h4x
07-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Stats: 6'4", 184 lbs

dud you got 5 inches on me and im skinny i weigh 182.

girls are ****ing stupid. most girls love a muscular man, the ones you met want a little bitch model who does not eat.

Cutfoot
07-19-2009, 11:01 AM
At 6'4", you have a lot of frame to fill in.

Cuchulainn
07-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi,

Girls like the small skinny guys. Woman like muscular/cut men.

Besides, you're still in highschool, go with what your passion is and if you put on a few pounds of muscle the college girls will love you.

AnthonyBishop
07-20-2009, 09:01 PM
How do you have multiple girls that are friends? As odd as it sounds, I always wanted a few chick friends to have as wingwomen and what not but there's usually been sexual tension.

theyoungblood
07-21-2009, 11:13 AM
(sorry if this has been mentioned already)

they're just scared that your physical transformation is going to cause a social transformation too that'll affect their relationship with you. When girls' guyfriends are receiving a lot of attention from other girls (and liking it), their jealously skyrockets and they feel like their importance to you is being threatened. Keep at it :)

x2 .

johnnyscans
07-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Ignore them. Lift hard and train hard for football. You'll never regret it. What you will regret is sacrificing the potential to be bigger, faster and stronger than other people on the field over what some vain bitch told you.

chrisjd
07-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I hear you original poster.

I remember back in highschool a lot of girls went for my friends who were very skinny with no build whatsoever, and here I was, reasonably jacked and actually had the body of a man, yet they prefered the skinny/weak look.

I never understood it.

Now it seems to be working out better for me, but I still see an awfull lot of beautiful girls with rail-thin men.

AnemicOne
07-21-2009, 05:06 PM
girls like skinny guys. women like guys with muscles. you said your friends were girls.

Matt_the_Skinny
07-22-2009, 03:31 AM
Man, I dunno what girls you know but when I started getting compliments from girls I didn't even know, so forget them girls if they can't support you when you making your self look better.. They're just jealous !!

calviper7
07-24-2009, 03:44 PM
First off-- who cares what they think, your goal is to get better for football.

Second-- if you do care what they think and you can't get past that-- there is sooo much more to training for football than that. I would assume at your height and weight that you want to be a receiver or a DB.
Practice catching
practice your route running
do sprints up hill to get faster
do stretch training so you don't pull anything

etc etc

demaskas
07-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi,

Thanks

I feel yah bro, I really do. I've had that said to me more than once by some girls I reallllllly liked.

I can only put it to you like this:
Women dont know what they want and the ones that do are the ones you want, cause they'll want you.

jfk22
07-25-2009, 09:35 PM
a guy WITH muscle is always gonna be preferred over a skinny one. no girl likes her man to be skinnier than her :S

BoostBrah
07-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Its your body, its your goal. LET NOTHING get inbetween you and success!

SgtHitman
07-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Let me explain something about LIFE.... DON't worry about what other people think. You take care of you and live your life your way. tell them to go live theirs.

besides after high school is out those same girls will be no where in sight or meth addicts standing in line on the weekends at the local prison waiting to get their visits.

Be a man and make your own choices.

wrecking_ball
07-26-2009, 02:05 PM
At my heigh and age I have no problems with girls at all, in fact they are alot more attracted to my appearance than anything I have to say since all I have to talk about is working out. Next time they say that to you go ahead and let them know thats ok because there are other fish in the sea.

Oh and the 2nd poster is now one of my heroes!

Taichichuan
07-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi,

Thanks

#1 Are you having sex with them?
#2 Do they know what you want to accomplish?
#3 Are they "airheads"? LOL
#4 Don't let any extrinsic force effecting you to yield to what you want to achieve.

PopeGregorius
07-27-2009, 12:57 AM

Women like big guys, girls like puny underwear models. You are growing up into a man, its their problem that they are mere girls.

Idgaf
07-27-2009, 01:05 AM
You're 6'4" 184 lbs... Those girls are on crack. Keep bulking up.

Haha /agree. I got a friend that's 6' and 220. He's pretty solid. But FAR from BB huge. Not to sound gay, but he's a damn good lookin' guy. One that you want to be like at the gym.

Edit: And just as everyone else is saying. H.S. is fun, but it's only a stepping stone to the rest of your life. No one really knows what they want in H.S. (guys and girls alike) and I don't know about the rest of you guys but I only have like 1 or 2 friends from high school I still talk to on a super rare occasion. I take the advice from my elders because I know they have been there and done that and then make my decisions from there.

Keep your goals and f*** everyone else.

Bigchrome
07-27-2009, 09:40 AM
It's funny I had the same thing said to me when I was 158lbs give or take, had it said again when I hit 180 a couple of months back. Now I'm about 174 and even bigger and no one says anything... go figure? They just want something to talk about cus they're not doing anything with their own lives.