PDA

View Full Version : New to going to the gym and lifting, need motivation

LetsGoRedSox
07-14-2009, 06:56 PM
im 18, 5' 5", 138 and ive always been self conscious about my chest area and sides. i feel like i havent made too much progress bc it still looks like i have man boobs and when i lean over i still feel the extra fat. does anything look good in the pictures/do i have anything going for me? will it be that hard to knock off the extra weight with cardio or wut

ClevageGobbler
07-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't worry if you keep at it you will burn the jelly outta those jugs.

Lion_Heart03
07-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I think you should just let the results speak for them selves...Research up on what foods to eat and when, different exercises and how to do them

Go to the gym in a tshirt and just focus on yourself and who cares about anyone else just get down to business and work out. Lifes too short to be unhappy and insecure with your self, just think if you work hard that you are guaranteed to only look and feel better! Its all down hill from here on

Try different things and find out what works for you, you could make a HUGE difference in a matter of months if you work hard and know what your doing

So good luck with your goals!

takman
07-15-2009, 12:06 PM
how long have you been working out?

its takes years of dedication and hard work to get good results. doesnt happen overnight man....but you can achieve it if you have the desire.

I see a lot of potential from your pics.....good frame to work with.

do your research, give it 110 percent, and you will get there!!

AndrewCa
07-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Train hard and Eat good you'll look good.... Everything takes time bro...

Mateo74
07-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Dont worry about what people think about you. There is not a single person on this website or at your gym that started off looking the way they look now. If they did they working be working out now. We all started somewhere. You should see me starting picture I had mooby's too. Just stick with a healthy low calorie diet, lift as hard as you can 3 days a week, and do some intense cardio 2-3 days a week. In about a month you should see some dramitic changes that will give you all the motivatrion you need. Best of luck

Human Rocket
07-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Don't focus on what you look like at all for now. Set some realistic concrete goals about where you want to be strength wise and focus on that. Don't think about where you are, focus on where you are going to be 3/6/9/12 months from now. Then just do the work and you'll get there.

apadronjr
07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
man it takes alot of time, hard work, and dedication to get to that point, you are not that fat, trust me standing 5'6 I was at 330-340 when I first started, I just started eating right and hit the gym hard as fu*k. Trust me it was hard at first but now (7 months later) im over 100lbs lighter and my muscles are getting pretty big. I just recently saw a picture of myself from thanksgiving 08 and man I look like a completely different person and im still not at the point where I want to be yet. This site here had everything to do with it, the people here are very helpful and supportive, read as much as you can ans absorb any and all the information you can and eventually it will become a way of life not just a "diet" you are on.

Reggie20x6
07-15-2009, 02:56 PM
im 18, 5' 5", 138 and ive always been self conscious about my chest area and sides. i feel like i havent made too much progress bc it still looks like i have man boobs and when i lean over i still feel the extra fat. does anything look good in the pictures/do i have anything going for me? will it be that hard to knock off the extra weight with cardio or wut
You are in the prime of your naturally-produced-testosterone life. You have hormones going through you right now that people literally pay hundreds and thousands of dollars for.

If you get hooked up with a good training partner, or follow the advice of people who know what they're talking about, then you could make the best and easiest gains of your life RIGHT NOW - if that doesn't get you all sorts of fired up, then you really need to take a step back and think about what you could accomplish with a different mindset.

If I knew what I know now, back when I was your age (I was a 225-pound fatty back then), you know what I would have done differently? Instead of wasting so much energy on endless cardio sessions and cutting way down on my calories, I'd have concentrated on nothing but giving an all-out effort inside the weight room every. single. time.

If you are constantly pushing yourself with challenging weights, your body will naturally begin to take a new shape. There are YouTube videos all over this forum of people hitting PR's and pushing themselves to the very limit - you need to find a way to approach your own training with the same kind of excitement and intensity.

You may be new to the lifting game, but you need to remember that tomorrow's gains are made by today's effort. Work hard, and the body you've always dreamed of will be waiting for you.

masterspaz
07-15-2009, 08:03 PM
because i have home gym before my every workout i would either watch ronnie coleman's DVDs or get on this forum and check out some big guy's pictures. that sure pumped me up every time.