PDA

View Full Version : Project: 80 IN 80. EXTREME MOTIVATION

Raw_and_vital
07-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Really quick so I don't bore the heck out of everyone. I've been on these boards for quite a while. Haven't posted in a while though. Probably the reason why I gained 40ish pounds back... I know, I know... Depressing.

Anyways, You can see pictures of my progress from back in the day. I was at 330ish and dropped down to like 257 in the matter of a little under 3 months. This was from intense cardio and weight training. I pounded the protein and drank the shakes like a mad man during lifting sessions. I ran a 5k and placed somewhat decent. I dropped smoking, etc. All that good stuff. So I'm no stranger to getting the job done!!!

Anyways, Like I said, I'm back up about 40 lbs. Depressing. *Sigh*

I had an idea. It's kind of a project and was wondering what everybody's thoughts are on this. Project 80 IN 80. Basically I will lose 80 lbs in 80 days! What do you think?

Now, here's where the motivation will kick in. Not only for other people who want to start up, but also for myself. It will keep me going day after day because I know if I quite, not only will I let myself down, but I'll let down the others who are following me. But yes, I was thinking about doing a daily blog. It would consist of a video blog. Show daily meals. My routine. My lifting sessions. Products to get. How to run. Techniques to breathe in order to run more efficiently, etc. All that good stuff. I would have a website all ready to roll and people could follow my progress and follow along themselves. I would post their pictures. Their progress, etc. I would also do live video chats to answer any and all questions on my goal of losing "80 IN 80"

So what do you think. Good idea? Would anybody be interested in following me on my journey and doing it with me?

Thoughts and feedback please? I'm really excited about this idea and would love to hear if you think it would help bring motivation to the next level!

OscarGortez
07-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Isn't dropping 80 pounds in 80 days ridiculously un-heathly???

that's a 3,500 calorie deficient a day... i'd be interested in the idea, except i'd be more like "20in20" :-p

with that said 20 pounds in 80 days is healthy and a good pace... hmm

micov
07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
As much as I'd like you to get the results you desire, I have to share Oscar's concern. Be sure that it won't damage you and then go for it http://blog-mania.org/cs/w/2.gif

johnderriLLL
07-15-2009, 04:13 AM
if ur goona do that u better get crackalackin yo. i believe in you

Raw_and_vital
07-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Ha!

Thanks all. I'm definitely doing this... I just want to get some people on board with me. I saw a couple threads where people can't seem to find the time. They can't seem to get started, etc. Well, give me your phone number and I'll call you at 5:30AM and wake you the heck up. And we will both get motivated and started!!!! :)

That's my point in doing this. It's not just a personal project/goal/dream or whatever you want to call it. I want this thing to be a ongoing process with other people out there. Know what I mean. I want beginners to participate and join in. I want them to feel like they aren't doing this alone but instead they are doing it with other people....

So far I'm tossing ideas around on how I want to go about a day to day blog/video blog/live chat/etc... Either way, this thing will kick off in two weeks! TWO WEEKS!

So please, if other people are just starting out, get on board with me and let's kill this thing the right way!

I want this to be an evolution to the whole social media fitness world...

Any beginners out there that want to jump on board with me!?

Raw_and_vital
07-17-2009, 06:41 AM
I've been thinking and you're right. 80lbs in 80days is a little bit insane. I mean, it's good to have a big goal but, I don't want to over do it.

So I'm thinking maybe I will do 20 IN 30.

20 lbs in 30 days. That way I will accomplish a goal in 30 days rather than 80 days. I'll just keep pushing on though each month...

I'm devoting a website to this idea. Hopefully others will take part and chime in with thoughts, tips, decent recipes.

I'm stoked!

Dr.Payne11
07-17-2009, 06:55 AM
now that is much, much, much more closer to realistic. i hope this isn't some whim of the moment though. losing weight is not easy or for the faint heart. In such a small time-frame there will be no room for error or much cheating. Keep your diet in check and make sure you are watching those calories.

GOOD LUCK!!

Raw_and_vital
07-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks Dr.Payne for the reply.

I agree completely. Here's the thing though. If there is only 1 person in this entire world that can accomplish this, then it's me! I don't mean to go on a rant here, but please, check out the following...:)

If you're asking youself, how so...

In 2007 I was pushing over 330lbs, smoking a pack of cigarettes a day and stuffing Sheets hamburgers, cheese filled pretzels and large nachos smothered with cheese into my mouth on a daily basis. It's true! I also was on blood pressure medication because it was sky high. Yeah, I probably would have died! Mind you I was 24 at the time. Ridiculous huh?

What did I do? I walked up to a guy I work with who I didn't know on "a good friend" level and I said, "Hey! I'll pay you 50 dollars if you help coach me into losing 50 lbs". And then it started.

Still to this day, out of all his UFC buddies, out of all his lifting friends, he tells me he's never seen anybody that had/has the motivation that I had.

--I did 3 cardios a day.
1 in the morning, 1 at lunch and 1 after work.... I would switch cardios after work with lifting sessions on the days that I had planned.

--I ate like a champ. chicken and broc**** for breakfast. Oats for the carbs through out the day... more chicken, chicken and chicken. veggies, veggies and more veggies. Whey protein before and after lifting sessions. I was a machine.

in the end of it all, I dropped 75 lbs in around 3 or 4 months time. I was getting great muscle definition. I stopped smoking cold turkey. I ran a 5k race on fathers day last year. Such a great feeling knowing I never used to be able to run for more than 20 seconds at a time. I was active. Eating healthy and also importantly. getting a lot of attention from the ladies.

I went from 330 to 257 in total weight loss.

I gained a good bit back though! *sigh*. Got a girlfriend, devoted a lot of time to her and yeah, just stopped doing it. It sucks.

But the thing is, I know I can do it. I've done it already so it's a fact. If anyone can, I can! I just want other people to jump on board with me. Especially beginners. If they can only realize the wonders of how they will feel after seeing progress and hitting goals. That's why I'm launching my site for some people to post their progress. meal ideas. words of encouragement. I am going to do a daily video blog. daily photos. all that good stuff. I'd like to do live video chats so we can all talk in real time and help each other out.

August 1st I am launching the site and will be on my way to becoming that machine I once was!

Again, sorry for the rant. I'm just trying to get myself psyched and motivated.

Be well!

*** Important note, I'm not trying to pry people away from this site and have them flock to mine... That's not my intention. I plan on being an active member on this site still. This site is great and has helped me so much in the last couple years. I'm just trying to give people a place to go to in addition to this one. It's basically like guerrilla filmmaking compared to Hollywood filmmaking. Well mine is like guerrilla working out compared to professional working out. ehhh.. If that makes sense.

slimwealthy1
07-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks Dr.Payne for the reply.

I agree completely. Here's the thing though. If there is only 1 person in this entire world that can accomplish this, then it's me! I don't mean to go on a rant here, but please, check out the following...:)

If you're asking youself, how so...

In 2007 I was pushing over 330lbs, smoking a pack of cigarettes a day and stuffing Sheets hamburgers, cheese filled pretzels and large nachos smothered with cheese into my mouth on a daily basis. It's true! I also was on blood pressure medication because it was sky high. Yeah, I probably would have died! Mind you I was 24 at the time. Ridiculous huh?

What did I do? I walked up to a guy I work with who I didn't know on "a good friend" level and I said, "Hey! I'll pay you 50 dollars if you help coach me into losing 50 lbs". And then it started.

Still to this day, out of all his UFC buddies, out of all his lifting friends, he tells me he's never seen anybody that had/has the motivation that I had.

--I did 3 cardios a day.
1 in the morning, 1 at lunch and 1 after work.... I would switch cardios after work with lifting sessions on the days that I had planned.

--I ate like a champ. chicken and broc**** for breakfast. Oats for the carbs through out the day... more chicken, chicken and chicken. veggies, veggies and more veggies. Whey protein before and after lifting sessions. I was a machine.

in the end of it all, I dropped 75 lbs in around 3 or 4 months time. I was getting great muscle definition. I stopped smoking cold turkey. I ran a 5k race on fathers day last year. Such a great feeling knowing I never used to be able to run for more than 20 seconds at a time. I was active. Eating healthy and also importantly. getting a lot of attention from the ladies.

I went from 330 to 257 in total weight loss.

I gained a good bit back though! *sigh*. Got a girlfriend, devoted a lot of time to her and yeah, just stopped doing it. It sucks.

But the thing is, I know I can do it. I've done it already so it's a fact. If anyone can, I can! I just want other people to jump on board with me. Especially beginners. If they can only realize the wonders of how they will feel after seeing progress and hitting goals. That's why I'm launching my site for some people to post their progress. meal ideas. words of encouragement. I am going to do a daily video blog. daily photos. all that good stuff. I'd like to do live video chats so we can all talk in real time and help each other out.

August 1st I am launching the site and will be on my way to becoming that machine I once was!

Again, sorry for the rant. I'm just trying to get myself psyched and motivated.

Be well!

*** Important note, I'm not trying to pry people away from this site and have them flock to mine... That's not my intention. I plan on being an active member on this site still. This site is great and has helped me so much in the last couple years. I'm just trying to give people a place to go to in addition to this one. It's basically like guerrilla filmmaking compared to Hollywood filmmaking. Well mine is like guerrilla working out compared to professional working out. ehhh.. If that makes sense.

great post, now go work out