PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at 158!! Need help....

rickez21
07-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Ok ive been stuck at 158 for a few months now, gains have been minimal, but some progress has been made as far as definition goes... Here is my diet plan, any ideas on what i could do to put on some mass?

*Meal 1- 11:00 a.m.
2 scoops of 100% optimum whey and 2 packets of oatmeal (multi-vitamin as well)
2 fish oil tabs

Workout 11:45 - 1:00

*Post-workout
2 scoops of 100% optimum whey
2 baked potatoes (medium-sized)
1 8 oz. chicken breast

*Meal 2- 3:30 p.m.
1 8 oz chicken breast
1 baked potato
almonds

*Meal 3- 5:30 p.m.
same as meal 2

*Meal 4- 7:30 p.m.
2 scoops of 100% optimim whey
almonds

*Meal 5- 9:30 p.m.
same as meal 2

*Meal 6- 11:30 p.m.
same as meal 2

*Before bed-time
1 scoop of 100% optimum whey w/ 16 oz. glass of milk
banana

......... I change up the chicken from time to time with steak or pork.....

This diet plan has worked well for me in the past and has given me good results but now i can see i need more calories and more fat, I just need some help on what i should do to incorporate more into my diet. Help, please?

lee__d
07-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Ok ive been stuck at 158 for a few months now, gains have been minimal, but some progress has been made as far as definition goes... Here is my diet plan, any ideas on what i could do to put on some mass?

*Meal 1- 11:00 a.m.
2 scoops of 100% optimum whey and 2 packets of oatmeal (multi-vitamin as well)+pb+banana
2 fish oil tabs

Workout 11:45 - 1:00

*Post-workout
2 scoops of 100% optimum whey
2 baked potatoes (medium-sized)
1 8 oz. chicken breast
veggies

*Meal 2- 3:30 p.m.
1 8 oz chicken breast
1 baked potato
almonds
butter on baked potato

*Meal 3- 5:30 p.m.
same as meal 2

*Meal 4- 7:30 p.m.
2 scoops of 100% optimim whey in whole milk
almonds

*Meal 5- 9:30 p.m.
same as meal 2

*Meal 6- 11:30 p.m.
same as meal 2

*Before bed-time
1 scoop of 100% optimum whey w/ 16 oz. glass of milk
banana

......... I change up the chicken from time to time with steak or pork.....
use steak or pork more often, the fat will add calories

This diet plan has worked well for me in the past and has given me good results but now i can see i need more calories and more fat, I just need some help on what i should do to incorporate more into my diet. Help, please?

bolded stuff

Unforsaken
07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I thought milk protein was better before bed. Because the bodie breaks it down slower.

rickez21
07-14-2009, 06:01 PM
yea that looks like it'll give me some gains basically with the diet i had before is more my maintenance and the extra fats and proteins should help. As far as the butter, ive been told to stay away from saturated fats because most will be stored

lee__d
07-14-2009, 06:09 PM
yea that looks like it'll give me some gains basically with the diet i had before is more my maintenance and the extra fats and proteins should help. As far as the butter, ive been told to stay away from saturated fats because most will be stored

u cant put on weight eating like that and u think a little butter will be stored? a little saturated is not going to hurt

rickez21
07-14-2009, 06:13 PM
u cant put on weight eating like that and u think a little butter will be stored? a little saturated is not going to hurt

yea, true lol... ill try that for a few weeks and see if i can put on some mass... Do you think it would be a good idea to do pb and banana with each shake?

dat
07-14-2009, 06:13 PM

Who told you that? You obviously just need to eat some more calories, doesn't matter where it comes from as long as you're getting enough protein, EFAs, micronutrients (these seem to be lacking considerably, a multivitamin is good to fill the gaps but not for complete substitution)

rickez21
07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Who told you that? You obviously just need to eat some more calories, doesn't matter where it comes from as long as you're getting enough protein, EFAs, micronutrients (these seem to be lacking considerably, a multivitamin is good to fill the gaps but not for complete substitution)

So, what do you suggest i do to fill in those gaps?

lee__d
07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
yea, true lol... ill try that for a few weeks and see if i can put on some mass... Do you think it would be a good idea to do pb and banana with each shake?

it will up ur calories....i would do it in one shake first (a serving of pb + a banana will be roughly 300 extra cals)...so if u wanna see what 300 extra cals will do for u try that for a few weeks....if u htink u will need more, add it to 2 shakes, just monitor ur progress, and watch ur waistline

dat
07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
So, what do you suggest i do to fill in those gaps?

Fruits, vegetables (potato doesn't really count!), coloured things! Lee's suggestions are good.

Everything in your diet is a shade of yellow or brown.

rickez21
07-14-2009, 06:21 PM
it will up ur calories....i would do it in one shake first (a serving of pb + a banana will be roughly 300 extra cals)...so if u wanna see what 300 extra cals will do for u try that for a few weeks....if u htink u will need more, add it to 2 shakes, just monitor ur progress, and watch ur waistline

sounds good, thanks man

rickez21
07-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Fruits, vegetables (potato doesn't really count!), coloured things! Lee's suggestions are good.

Everything in your diet is a shade of yellow or brown.

lol yea ill try that, thanks for the advice bro

lunchbox12
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
eat more before bed. add cottage cheese and pb.

and holy **** thats a lot of whey you are using

MassiveIntense
07-14-2009, 06:29 PM
eat more before bed. add cottage cheese and pb.

and holy **** thats a lot of whey you are using

came here to post this^

bodydropcris
07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
when i need to put on weight (which i have no trouble, being a ffb), i remember im a man, and just eat a digorno stuffed crust before bed...