PDA

View Full Version : New here and need advice

steph22
07-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Im glad i found this place. SO im just starting out really only been going to the gym for about 3 months and really need to step up my game. Im 5 foot 7 160 pounds hopefully soon ill get to 140. Im getting frustrated because in two weeks i have not lost any weight. I just changed my workout routine too. I usually stay within my calorie range but have a hard time with the sodium. any tips on that? I saw somewhere about only eating two meals a day. Isnt that unhealthy? I thought it was better to eat 6 small meals that way your metabolism keeps up? Any general advice on how to stay motivated would be good. Sometimes going to the gym and only being able to lift 20-30 pounds makes me feel like a weenie next to all these guys, sometimes its intimidating thanks for reading

~steph

Dakinehulaboy
07-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Im glad i found this place. SO im just starting out really only been going to the gym for about 3 months and really need to step up my game. Im 5 foot 7 160 pounds hopefully soon ill get to 140. Im getting frustrated because in two weeks i have not lost any weight. I just changed my workout routine too. I usually stay within my calorie range but have a hard time with the sodium. any tips on that? I saw somewhere about only eating two meals a day. Isnt that unhealthy? I thought it was better to eat 6 small meals that way your metabolism keeps up? Any general advice on how to stay motivated would be good. Sometimes going to the gym and only being able to lift 20-30 pounds makes me feel like a weenie next to all these guys, sometimes its intimidating thanks for reading

~steph

Steph don't get yourself down on seeing the guys next to you. Just always remember you're at the gym for yourself, you're at the gym on your time, its your body. Two meals a day doesnt cut it at all. By doing so, your caloric intake at a single meal will be detrimental to yourr metabolism. Check out the bb.com supersite, there's plenty of articles written by women and for women that will suit your needs! Good luck and Happy Fitness~

JolietKev
07-14-2009, 03:44 PM

~steph

Why do you want to lose the weight? You may be adding muscle so that will make weight loss more difficult for you. 5'7 and 160 sounds like a good weight. 140 would look really thin. As far as sodium goes, read labels and stay away from all the processed foods and fast foods. Whenever you eat out you are gong to find high sodium levels in the food, unless you eat from the healthy section of the menu. 6 small meals a day would be good for you. DO NOT worry about what other people think about you. Just remember that where you are now will not be where you are a year down the road. All good things take time. One last thing. Start thinking more positively. It sounds like you are a tad negative.

steph22
07-15-2009, 04:27 AM
yeah i can be negative at times. I want to lose weight because i dont like how i look at 160. I know it will be hard to lose weight while building muscle. I have a lil stomach and i hate it if i cant get abs i atleast want it to be flatter than it is. I thought 140 would look good on me. I think my stomach is what makes me look fat lol thanks for the advice

JolietKev
07-15-2009, 04:31 AM
yeah i can be negative at times. I want to lose weight because i dont like how i look at 160. I know it will be hard to lose weight while building muscle. I have a lil stomach and i hate it if i cant get abs i atleast want it to be flatter than it is. I thought 140 would look good on me. I think my stomach is what makes me look fat lol thanks for the advice

Sounds like my wife. She complains about her stomach, however if she just stoop up straight and practiced good posture everything would be fine. Try it.

steph22
07-15-2009, 05:59 AM
i do sit up straight and its still abit of a problem. Not bad but its something i just want flattened out a bit. Im working on it though

Raw_and_vital
07-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Steph, you should jump on board and participate with PROJECT: 80 IN 80!!!

It will be good times and I guarantee you will see progression constantly!

steph22
07-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Can you tell me more about 80 in 80? or atleast where to find it?